SN adds Milan Linate to its European network

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

SN adds Milan Linate to its European network

Post by tolipanebas »

After SN Airholding decided to move its low cost airline 'Virgin Express' from the city airport of Linate to the airport of Bergamo, 'SN Brussels Airlines' has reached a full code-share agreement with Alitalia on all Milan routes.

Up till now, SN Brussels Airlines offered 6 flights a day between Milan Malpensa and Brussels. Thanks to the expansion of the code-share agreement with Alitalia, SN Brussels Airlines can now also offer twice daily flights between Brussels and Milan Linate.

The flights to Milan Linate will be effective as from June 5th and will be operated by AZ with Airbusses A319.

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

It's a good new for both airlines.

Seb.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well let's just say this wasn't unexpected, I just hope that SNBA will operate their own flights there too...

FlightSimCrew

Post by FlightSimCrew »

Hope they will do better than last time flying to LIN, SNBA had only 10 pax per flight than..
Better to stay under the codeshare with AZ iso flying own metal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I used to fly a lot with Sabena to Linate. Flights were always very busy. And Linate is a lot more convenient than Malpensa, at least for people having business in Milan.

Of course, if you want to go to the Joint Reserach Centre of the EU in Ispra or for tourists to the Italian Lakes region, Malpensa is THE airport of choice.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

Good news indeed. So the SN group will offer flights to three Milan airports

sn26567 wrote: Of course, if you want to go to the Joint Reserach Centre of the EU in Ispra or for tourists to the Italian Lakes region, Malpensa is THE airport of choice.
I use always Malpensa since I often go to the JRC which is in Ispra, bordering the Lagio Major.

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Suppose you mean Lago Maggiore?
Malpensa is very handy for that region, indeed.
Otherwise it is only at the end of the known world
and I find Orio al Serio (Bergamo) just as distant
but more conveniently positioned.

PS what is JRC? I was at Ispra this May
but found very little to see there
apart the beautiful views of the lake, of course.
:oops: :oops:
Of course I mean Lago Maggiore. My Italian is very bad indeed ...

JRC is the Joint Research Centre of the EU = campus of around 3000 people of the EC working on research topics like nuclear energy, sattelite images - Tsunami, ... (!), environment, ..., and a lot more. A lot of EU universities and private companies work with them, including K.U.Leuven. They also have visiting scientists (like my boss who is travelling each week BRU-MPX). Ispra is a very small village, but is very important with regard to these activities ...

Besides, you have indeed tourism (+ conferences).

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

If you want to know more about the JRC ...

See this weblink

http://www.jrc.cec.eu.int/

Danny