SN Brussels Airlines reports quarterly profit

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Minos

SN Brussels Airlines reports quarterly profit

Post by Minos »

SN Brussels Airlines reports quarterly profit and launches innovative advertising campaign

SN Brussels Airlines made a net profit in the second quarter of 2,9 million Euro. The young airline that connects Brussels with Europe, Africa and the States launches tomorrow an innovative advertising campaign.

Positive Progress

During the second quarter of the financial year (period April-June), SN Brussels Airlines realised a turnover of 128,1 million Euro and made a net profit of 2,9 million Euro. “These results are a clear illustration of the positive progress we register since spring”, says Executive Chairman Rob Kuijpers.

The load factor of the fleet (38 aircraft) was 67,5 pct. in July and 69,7 pct. in August. This is a significant increase compared to 2002 when SN Brussels Airlines registered a load factor of 58,5 pct. in July and of 57,9 pct. in August. With these encouraging figures, SN Brussels Airlines is clearly doing better than the European Aviation market.

New commercial initiatives

More and more passengers appreciate the service, the free of charge food and drinks and the extensive flight offer of SN Brussels Airlines. Also the code share deal with American Airlines, launched last spring, is becoming successful. The new department Corporate Accounts, created to develop partnerships with corporate clients, has signed deals with major multinationals. Another explanation of the passenger growth is the new commercial approach. The recently launched ‘Value for money’ weekend trips and very competitive Best Buy Offers clearly attract new clients who travel for leisure.

“We are especially satisfied with the very strong results on our African Network”, says Chief Executive Officer Peter Davies.“ The flights we currently offer to twelve African destinations were during the past summer months more popular than expected. On our Africa flights we registered in August a load factor of more than 81 pct.”

Punctual

Also during the past summer months, SN Brussels Airlines could realise punctual operations. More than 91 pct of the flights departed on time in July and August. Thanks to this result the airline ended in the Top 3 of Punctuality made by the Association of European Airlines (AEA). Independent controllers audit all punctuality figures.

This autumn, SN Brussels Airlines will further increase its flight offer. Since today, September 8, SN offers its clients two daily flights between the Capital of Europe and Athens. This new attractive service is made possible thanks to a recently signed partnership with Hellas Jet of

Greece.

Later this autumn, October 27, the airline will launch daily flights to the Hungarian Capital Budapest.

As of December 14, SN Brussels Airlines and Thalys International will offer a daily high-speed train service between Brussels Airport and Paris Nord Railway Station in France.

‘Passionate about you’: a new innovative advertising campaign

Tomorrow, September 8, SN Brussels Airlines, will launch its new advertising campaign ‘Passionate About You’. In this brand campaign SN will clearly make the difference with the competition by underlining the many advantages of a full service airline.

“We break with the existing logic of the market”, explains Executive Vice-President Commercial Philip Saunders. “We want to position SN Brussels Airlines as a dynamic airline offering quality and value for money at correct fares.”

In the campaign, ‘real’ employees of SN Brussels Airlines demonstrate their passion for the passengers.

The campaign was designed by the well-known Belgian agency LG&F. All important Belgian newspapers and magazines are in the media selection. Radio spots will be broadcasted via the major Belgian radio channels. The campaign posters will also appear in bus shelters and at the airport.

About SN Brussels Airlines:

SN Brussels Airlines is the new Belgian full-service airline based in Brussels offering its customers a gateway to Europe, Africa and the States. The company, which employs more than 1.850 people, guarantees more than 285 punctual flights a day to 49 European and 13 African cities, as well as 1 direct daily flight between Brussels and Chicago and 22 US destinations beyond. SN Brussels Airlines’ modern fleet consists of 38 aircraft configured in business and economy class. SN Brussels Airlines has commercial partnerships with world-class companies.

For more information, please contact:

Cédric Leurquin, Manager External Communication

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

GO SNBA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

indeed some very good news XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Anyway let's continue with the good numbers in the 3th and 4th quarter ;-) September is also a good month with mix of business-man and tourists.

ciao,

Bart
:rock:
Last edited by luchtzak on 08 Sep 2003, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Even if the current trend continues, which we all hope, I strongly doubt it that SN BA will be able to distribute enought dividends to its major shareholder SN Airholding, which has zero cash left and must reimburse a loan of 125 million Euro to the Belgian State in 2006.

And, by the way, why don't we see Bart as a "real" SNBA employee promoting his airline in the new advertising campaign?

To me, this campaign is not so new. I aleready saw the 'Passionate about you' ads several weeks ago all over the airport, especially in Pier A. This reminds me a motto of Solvay which is at least 10 years old: "La Passion du Progrès".
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote:And, by the way, why don't we see Bart as a "real" SNBA employee promoting his airline in the new advertising campaign?
Because I had to spend my free time to buy my house (loans, etc...) and that there are really great enthusiastic and nice-looking employees who can do the promotion with 200% motivation!

ciao,

Bart

sn26567

Re: SN Brussels Airlines reports quarterly profit

Post by sn26567 »

Minos wrote:As of December 14, SN Brussels Airlines and Thalys International will offer a daily high-speed train service between Brussels Airport and Paris Nord Railway Station in France.
Having looked at the timetable, I see that the only daily Thalys service will be in the morning. Does this mean that the daily SN flight (also in the morning) between BRU and CDG will be cancelled?
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I think so. A lot of the time they have to get the A319 which is planned to fly to Rome FCO and do the Paris CDG with full load! So better take the Thalys to go to Paris City my opinion.

ciao,

Bart

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

I heard on the radio to they gonna start the route Brussels-Chicago and with the resting money they gonna add more destinations to there routenetwork.

Greetingzz

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:I heard on the radio to they gonna start the route Brussels-Chicago and with the resting money they gonna add more destinations to there routenetwork.
Can you explain this a little more. Do they want to start operating the Brussels-Chicago route with their own aircrafts?

Greetz,

Dave

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

liebensd wrote:Can you explain this a little more. Do they want to start operating the Brussels-Chicago route with their own aircrafts?
I think so. I dont know it shure i whas laying at the orthondontist for my braislets and he whas making noice. The only thing i heard for 100% is they gonna add more routes to there routenetwork.

Greetingzz

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

And indeed they gonna start with the route Brussels-Chicago. If its codeshare or not, i dont know, i gonna try to fishing out.

Greetingzz

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hello,

I would like to announce that the rumours spread around that SN Brussels Airlines made a first-quarter loss of 30 million Euro are not correct according to the SN Brussels Airlines spokesmen.

Just to make things clear!

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Vliegtuigfreak,

There is already a code share between SNBA and American Airlines.

Greetz,

Dave

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:
I think so. I dont know it shure i whas laying at the orthondontist for my braislets and he whas making noice. The only thing i heard for 100% is they gonna add more routes to there routenetwork.

Vliegtuigfreak,

I did not hear that - not on the radio, neither on television. What is mentioned in SNBA message is the extension of the network with Athens, Budapest and the train connection with Paris ... :?

In general, traditional media are mixing up things ...

Nevertheless, this is great news. What surprises me is that they make a profit with a load factor of less than 60% 8O 8O - especially since they started using the A319 ... and ... if you compare it to VEX who has a load factor of > 80% !

This means that for the third quarter this should be better (let's hope: ticket prices are also lower / less business during summer holiday period) :P :( :D

Regards,
Danny

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Danny: load factors are not too important. Of course you need volume on board, but more important is a) the price pax pay for their tickets and b) the number of people flying business class.

Sabena had full flights to Palma De Mallorca PMI for example, all filled with cheap economy class tickets. This flight was, also with a 100% load factor, unprofitable.

The fact that SNBA can earn money with 60% loads means that yields are high!

@Sonny: almost impossible that SN starts it's own flights to Chicago. First question: why would they do this? They would need an additional aircraft, but nevertheless: if AA flies to ORD, why can't SN just keep it's code on the AA flights? Even more with the winter season (= low yield) coming, this would be a stupid move from SN, and they are smart enough to know this.

I don't think we will see flights operated by SN Brussels to America in the next 5 years. But this is only personal of course.

AA is happy with the pax it can fly for SN to ORD, just like SN is happy with the pax it can fly for AA to Africa.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

Great job to make a profit in such a difficult times !!!!

I know there are a lot of negative feelings and rumours around SNBA, but the fact is that they are just doing a good job !!!

The load factors are rising, and so seem to do the yields ...