Emirates to Brussels?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: Emirates to Brussels?

Post by lumumba »

b720 wrote:Dubai sees increase in UK visitors | News | Breaking Travel News
http://www.breakingtravelnews.com › Travel News › Tourism News
Feb 15, 2013 - The total number of UK visitors at the close of 2012 rose from 643195 in ... 31st 2013, Qantas will also operate a twice daily flight to Dubai from ...
During the first nine months of the year, guest numbers across all hotels and hotel apartments reached 7,941,118, a 9.8 per cent increase year-on-year.
I can go on and on and on... Flights are full, LH OS LX I take them regularly.. And full with people visiting Dubai..
Connecting pax take EK.. SN lost an opportunity, I still think..
Don't forget the competition is strong you need to fly daily to compete with the others.
And it's low yield the last flight I took I paid 300€ with TK and the flight was empty!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

b720

Post by b720 »

I never pod that little.. And I fly often to DXB. They ould have made it work in partnership
With LH group.. Anyway, too late now. Let's welcome EK to BRU and wish them sucess.. And hope
They introduce crazy fares to DXB to celebrate launching the flight.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

b720 wrote:I never pod that little.. And I fly often to DXB. They ould have made it work in partnership
With LH group.. Anyway, too late now. Let's welcome EK to BRU and wish them sucess.. And hope
Yes

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

b720 wrote:Dubai sees increase in UK visitors | News | Breaking Travel News
http://www.breakingtravelnews.com › Travel News › Tourism News
Feb 15, 2013 - The total number of UK visitors at the close of 2012 rose from 643195 in ... 31st 2013, Qantas will also operate a twice daily flight to Dubai from ...
During the first nine months of the year, guest numbers across all hotels and hotel apartments reached 7,941,118, a 9.8 per cent increase year-on-year.
I can go on and on and on... Flights are full, LH OS LX I take them regularly.. And full with people visiting Dubai..
Connecting pax take EK.. SN lost an opportunity, I still think..
I don't know, I was just repeating what EK stated in their report about their European pax...

VAA

Post by VAA »

b720 wrote:..... And hope
At the moment, prices are really high ! Whatever the day, BRU-DXB costs around 1015 € return/pax.. We will have to wait till the Belgian website offers booking to see the first promotions I think :)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I had the opportunity to fly Emirates only once, in the early 1990's when both they and I were very young.
The recollection I have is that they were good, but not fantastic (not even very good).
From what I observe I tend to conclude that their fares are seldom cheap. From what I hear from colleagues, it seems that they are good (just good), and according to colleagues who like to fly via the Gulf, QR and Etihad are better. So, for me, their success is a bit of a mistery. It's probably their (efficient) hub. A great hub is huge advantage (see KL & AMS in Europe).
To react to the most recent post : I would be surprised if they were to offer cheap fares on their direct (nonstop) flight to Dubai ex BRU.
In favor of quality air travel.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

EK is strong in some markets, including
-U.S. East-Coast - Asia,
-UK-Asia
-Europe-Australia
-Middle-East and East Africa to anywhere else

They are relatively expensive on Europe-Asia on such routes where yields are traditionally low.
They are however often the cheapest on such routes where yields are traditionally high, that's how they make money.

For the rest, I think that EK is a stable airline but I doubt that they will still be in 20 years.
For me, Dubai will be a ghost town in 20-30 years, once the slave workers stop working for peanuts and go back to their homeland where they can earn the same by then.
Once the subsidies from the cousins in Abu-Dhabi runs out, who's going to pay the bills for all that artificial water in the middle of the desert?

If you ask me, people visiting Dubai for leisure on their dime are not tourists... they are people who don't know better. There is literally nothing to do there unless you fancy a stay in a prison for reason A or B.
detainedindubai.org will be your reference.

If I had to choose a city in the middle of the desert, I would go for Las Vegas and even that I would combine with Los Angeles or Cisco.

regi

Post by regi »

We can not ignore Emirates , and that is even a huge understatement.

I had my doubts about the grow potential of Dubai in... 1990. 24 years later , Dubai is still there , in a way that nobody could predict in 1990 !
Nobody in Dubai cares about some posts in fora about the artificial facade of the entire state.
History shows that there have been numerous city states in ancient times, built on artificial ideas ( religion, ego tripping rulers, defence, imperialism ) And some of these cities have existed many generations.
And what cheap labour concerns: there will always be some poor nationalities worldwide to go work in Dubai.
Europeans for example. :shock: I do recall Bulgarian, Romanian and Baltic workers in Dubai. And Belgians, not only as managers by the way !
And Australians, I just read that they have to work untill 70 to get their full pension rights. So if you are a young guy who doesn't want to lose half of his wages to tax, he can move to Dubai.

b720

Post by b720 »

Flanker, that's your opinion. Others disagree, the millions who visit every year. Many
Of whom return every year. It is safe, very wll organised, good weather, nice beaches,
Fantastic hotels, good shopping, excellent restaurants, excellent clubs, close enough for
Hundreds of millions, a couple of billion people to actually visit without jet lag..
Dubai will be there in 20 years, and much bigger, brighter, and maybe less plastic and fake
As would mature, eventually.. Emirates will be there too, bigger and higher.. Counting on Dubai,
Or emirates to go belly up is unrealistic..

dna

Post by dna »

Does anyone know when booking will be possible for these flights?

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Flanker2 wrote:If you ask me, people visiting Dubai for leisure on their dime are not tourists... they are people who don't know better. There is literally nothing to do there unless you fancy a stay in a prison for reason A or B.detainedindubai.org will be your reference.
Honestly, I cannot follow you there. I have been a few times on business in Dubai and extended my stays, because it is a nice place for all the reasons b720 outlined in the previous post.

As to slavery conditions for workers, nobody is compelled to go and work there. Those who do so, do it because these conditions are better than those they would get in their own country.
Btw, can we be proud of what we offer Romanian and Bulgarian workers in the Belgian fruit harvesting sector for instance ?

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail ... 8_00918552

As to the political regime and "being detained in Dubai", nobody is forced to go there. If you do, you stick to the laws of the country. At least, you don't get up with a system like in many Western European countries, which has become unmanageable because of extreme laxism.
Flanker2 wrote:If I had to choose a city in the middle of the desert, I would go for Las Vegas and even that I would combine with Los Angeles or Cisco
You cannot compare Dubai and Vegas. In Dubai you have to behave whereas Vegas is the capital of sin
(I like both) ;). If you don't like the regime in Dubai, what about the USA where people are sentenced to death and executed while they are innocent. Shall we all stop going to the USA ?

The other advantage of Dubai over Vegas is that travel is shorter and the time difference with Dubai is minimal compared to Vegas.

If you would combine Vegas with Frisco or Los Angeles, good idea. I won't deny that. Once Abu Dhabi's Saadiyat Island is completed, it will attract a lot of people in search of a less hectic way of life you will find in Dubai, also those looking for culture thanks to the branches of the Louvre and the Guggenheim, and the presence of a Performing Arts Center (not bad imho) : (easy to combine with a stay in Dubai)
http://www.saadiyat.ae/en/about.html

But everyone is entitled to choose his own vacation destinations.

Coming back to aviation, Emirates (and practically all other airlines offering intercontinental travel) will one day be faced with a new threat : Chinese airlines once they are mature enough to conquer the world of long haul travel. Flying from Europe to Australia via Shanghai is still embrionic, but wait until the Chinese airports turn into real global hubs. Those who will suffer most will be EK/EY/QR/TK. Interesting developments ahead in the next ten years.
In favor of quality air travel.

VAA

Post by VAA »

dna wrote:Does anyone know when booking will be possible for these flights?
It's already possible, but not on the Belgian website ;)
see here

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

It is safe, very wll organised, good weather, nice beaches,
Fantastic hotels, good shopping, excellent restaurants, excellent clubs, close enough for
Hundreds of millions, a couple of billion people to actually visit without jet lag..
I can give you a few places in the neighborhood that can offer you that and much more.

Nice restaurants in Dubai...yeah right. Nothing grows in the desert, so everything is imported.
And while it's imported, it sits in containers on 40°C tarmac waiting to be carried into the warehouse, and not just for a minute or two. With a little sauce, everything tastes good but you end up with spoiled food... and your stomach may notice that. But forget about eating anything fresh.
Dubai seems to be the capital of food poisoning, and for me it's not by chance. :lol:
http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/8/6/9 ... ng+Waivers

For me it's fine that you enjoy the artificial attraction, but I don't think that people who know how to live, ie people who have good money to spend, would spend it anywhere near Dubai.

People work in Dubai, but they don't get pension plans and only the best paid get health insurance from their employer. They get sick, can't pay their medical bills and end up in prison...
No taxes, so how exactly does the UAE support itself? Obviously they own interests in everything that is going on in Dubai and make money on that. But once the extravaganza stops and the buildings start to get old, they will find themselves deeply in debt.
We have seen this already in the past crisis and the cousins from Abu Dhabi had to come to the rescue with oil money.

But I think that in 20 years, Abu Dhabi, despite its huge oil reserves, will start having a hard time supporting Dubai. The easy oil will come to an end by then, and they will have to dig deeper and wider to get to the rest of the oil. Also, I think that there will be a big shift in energy sources around that period that will see them scrambling for revenues.
http://www.arabianoilandgas.com/article ... r/1/print/

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

Flanker2 wrote:
It is safe, very wll organised, good weather, nice beaches,
I can give you a few places in the neighborhood that can offer you that and much more.

Nice restaurants in Dubai...yeah right. Nothing grows in the desert, so everything is imported.
And while it's imported, it sits in containers on 40°C tarmac waiting to be carried into the warehouse, and not just for a minute or two. With a little sauce, everything tastes good but you end up with spoiled food... and your stomach may notice that. But forget about eating anything fresh.
Dubai seems to be the capital of food poisoning, and for me it's not by chance. :lol:
http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/8/6/9 ... ng+Waivers

For me it's fine that you enjoy the artificial attraction, but I don't think that people who know how to live, ie people who have good money to spend, would spend it anywhere near Dubai.

People work in Dubai, but they don't get pension plans and only the best paid get health insurance from their employer. They get sick, can't pay their medical bills and end up in prison...
No taxes, so how exactly does the UAE support itself? Obviously they own interests in everything that is going on in Dubai and make money on that. But once the extravaganza stops and the buildings start to get old, they will find themselves deeply in debt.
We have seen this already in the past crisis and the cousins from Abu Dhabi had to come to the rescue with oil money.

But I think that in 20 years, Abu Dhabi, despite its huge oil reserves, will start having a hard time supporting Dubai. The easy oil will come to an end by then, and they will have to dig deeper and wider to get to the rest of the oil. Also, I think that there will be a big shift in energy sources around that period that will see them scrambling for revenues.
http://www.arabianoilandgas.com/article ... r/1/print/
I completely disagree with you.

I've been to Dubai twice on holidays and had a great time. And yes, I know how to spend my money and been to more places than Dubai so definitely can compare it to other places/cities. They have great hotels, restaurants, shopping centra,... Aside from that, if you visit the old part of the city, there are some museums there, the souks are nice, the bus tours are fun,...

And about the food issue you mention, give me a break. So nearly everyone who has been to Dubai has food poisening according to you? :roll: And Vegas is in the desert too, and they don't have have the problem with the food then?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Back to the topic please!!!!

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

As from the 7th of December 2014, the B777-300ER is already selected for the route to BRU and this each Sunday.
Already visible when you book a flight via the Emirates website

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

VAA wrote:
At the moment, prices are really high ! Whatever the day, BRU-DXB costs around 1015 € return/pax.. We will have to wait till the Belgian website offers booking to see the first promotions I think :)
BRU-DXB-BKK is 774 euro return.
BRU-DXB-DEL is 732 euro return
BRU-DXB-BOM is 707 euro return
BRU-DXB-HKG is 772 euro return
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

VAA

Post by VAA »

Yes, prices have changed ;) See older prices (for 2 pax), it was around 1015 € to DXB and 1020 to BKK: http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/05/ ... 553078.png

regi

Post by regi »

An average price level to sit 10 abreast :evil:

b720

Post by b720 »

I think that JET Airways will feel it in their loads to India..