Final exterior look Boeing 787

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

Final exterior look Boeing 787

Post by A318 »

Boeing released today the final exterior look of the 787.
As you can see it is just a beauty, this is what I like ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

earthman

Post by earthman »

Ehm, are those wings really going to be bent upwards like that?

But wooh, she's still pretty!

BP

Post by BP »

It just might be me but I preferd the previous style with the shark tail and pointy nose.
At least Boeing was fortunate enough to aplly a good looking colour scheme on it to make it more atractive. But as we all know that looks alone dont sell and am sure it wont matter for those who chose to order it.

A318

Post by A318 »

The shark tail turned out to be not fuel economic enough.
Boeing redesigned the tail which is now more fuel economic designed.
Everybody knows this design was the 7E7 where E stands for Economic so they had to do everything to make it as good as possible and so they did.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

It looks ok, although it looked better before. At least to should have kept the pointy nose, this one looks a but stubborn. But it still looks sweet. :wink:
But the Dreamliner color scheme looks soooo great, it's really awsome. I love it, it fits all the Boeing aircraft soooo good.
They really give it a modern and fresh look. I currently have A B747 in the Dreamliner color scheme as a background, and it looks soooo gorgeous.

Airbus should have put more effort to design a decent color scheme, Boeing always had great ones.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Is it just me or does that last picture show A LOT of wing flex???? 8O
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

BP

Post by BP »

KNIGHT255 WROTE:
Is it just me or does that last picture show A LOT of wing flex????
If the B787 comes to have that much wing flex than am sure she will be one beauty. Too bad about that ugly nose the pointy one was nicer. :D

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

She is a beauty, none-the- less :lookaround: :roll: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

boeing797

Post by boeing797 »

Anyone knows why Boeings have to have a good-looking exterior?
Who cares? as long as the planes performs well and make operators happy, why bother to put effort in making the planes look attractive?

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

@boeing797, you are right on the performance/economics part.
But don't forget why (some) airlines are trying to design good-looking liveries. A good-looking plane and/or livery is remembered by people more easily then a boring looking one.
So it is all about the marketing aspect, I guess a psychiatrist can tell you more about how the human brain reacts to it.

To give an example, when the B7E7 project was presented two friends in my class (who are not into aviation) came over to me and told me that they saw pictures of the Boeing 7E7 and they thought it looked awesome. So they remembered it, and I never heard them about other aircraft that were presented (but those other aircraft didn't leave a remark in their heads).

One could translate that into -> passengers will more likely remember a flight when there is something distinctive about it (great looking aircraft/livery, great interior, great IFE, great service i.e.). And when an airline is positively remembered by passengers, they are very likely to choose them again, or to recommend them to other people.

Marketing can be a very strong instrument, do not underestimate that. :wink:

ag894

Post by ag894 »

i think you meant psychologist and not psychiatrist.......

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Oops, I did yes..... :oops: (I hope I did not offend you in any way)

But I hope that my point is still clear :wink: