SN Brussels to Mombasa

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

refledge

SN Brussels to Mombasa

Post by refledge »

Hi everyone,

today I noticed on the booking engine of SNBA that flights are available to Mombasa (Kenia) from 7/12/2003. I think it's great news that SNBA expands its African network. Does anybody know more of it? Is this the only new African destination, does it replaces another destination (Nairobi perhaps?), or is this perhaps a codeshare flight with Sobelair? Maybe this might mean the beginning of a fourth A330 in the future for SNBA?

Greetings,

refledge

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Refledge,

the flight to Mombasa will be in combination with Nairobi. So Brussels - Mombasa - Nairobi - Brussels.

Yes, it will be the only new African destination.

No, not a code-share with Sobelair

No talks yet about a 4th A330 however mostly appreciated because very soon one of the A330 will go to Changi - Singapore for a 6-weeks D-check.

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

refledge,

The topic was discussed at large in https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?name ... opic&t=732
André
ex Sabena #26567

refledge

Post by refledge »

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the information, and sorry for placing this in a new topic, I overlooked the other.

greets,

refledge

Avro

Post by Avro »

luchtzak wrote:No talks yet about a 4th A330 however mostly appreciated because very soon one of the A330 will go to Changi - Singapore for a 6-weeks D-check.
Wouldn't it be a solution to lease an A330 from LH. Since I just read that LH will park an A330 between the end of September and October. :?:

Or is it just to expensive to lease an airplane for such a short period.

Ciao
Chris
8)

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

The combination via NBO will be most probably on behalf of some touroperators and certainly via block-space agreements, meaning being sure those seats being paid.
Don't forget that NBO is certainly a winter destination for Belgian tourists.
As a regular destination, it has no sence (certainly not out of Belgium).
However, seats will be bookable as well via SNBA as they serve this destination anyway. That's what I guess.

Leasing an extra A330 for those periods when the Birdy A330's will undergo their D-checks? No, not at all. Much to expensive.

Probably SN will have adapted their number of rotations already, thus keeping on serving the planned destinations but reduced for some period.

It's the less expensive solution .... unless the booking figures are already so high for considering a wet-lease .... but i doubt.

SNBA is smart enough and has made most probably already their calcullations in that respect.

Greetz

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

gliding-glider wrote:Probably SN will have adapted their number of rotations already, thus keeping on serving the planned destinations but reduced for some period.
Indeed! Flight-schedules are adapted!

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:Indeed! Flight-schedules are adapted!
What happened in the past is that the number of flights is reduced and the remaining flights sometimes serve three African destinations per rotation instead of two. I guess the same strategy will be used now.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Ok thanks for the info guys :wink:

I would have been nice if we were able to spot an ex Sanbena A330 in LH colours operating for SNBA :lol: Maybe next time

Regards
Chris
8)

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Is an A319 not a solution for the Dakar flights?

Greetz,

Dave

SN30952

Mombasa not so risky anymore....

Post by SN30952 »

A ban on UK airlines flying to Mombasa is to be lifted after the Kenyan government put in place improved security arrangements.
Flights to the coastal city, and to the country's capital Nairobi, were halted in May because of concerns over possible terrorist threats to British planes. ( since terrorists launched an unsuccessful surface-to-air missile attack on an Israeli passenger jet as it took off from Mombasa Airport.) Nairobi services were restored late in June.

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

liebensd wrote:Is an A319 not a solution for the Dakar flights?
Maybe, maybe not. If they have a lot of passengers and tailwind, they have to make a fuelstop and with a A330 not.

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

I recently spoke to a very top manager of Birdy and a 4th airplaine is totally EXCLUDED despite the recent very good loads.

FB.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

I the beginning of the Afircan flights there was a rumour that SN Brussels Airlines would take over the A333 of Birdy afther a year or 2. Will this till be happening or will Birdy operate also in the future for SNBA?

Greetz,

Dave

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Flying-Belgian wrote:I recently spoke to a very top manager of Birdy and a 4th airplaine is totally EXCLUDED despite the recent very good loads.

FB.
Why is this? Financial constraints ? I do not understand why BIRDY is not responsible for a continuous service to SNBA even when D-checks should be carried out on one of the planes ... :?

I have to go to Nairobi in November ... I really would like to fly SNBA :P

Danny

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

DannyVDB wrote:I have to go to Nairobi in November ... I really would like to fly SNBA :P
Well, go and fly SNBA, why not. Its the best airline!!

Greetingzz

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:
DannyVDB wrote:I have to go to Nairobi in November ... I really would like to fly SNBA :P
Well, go and fly SNBA, why not. Its the best airline!!

Greetingzz

Yes I would lik to, but it is not obvious.

It's UN that will decide ... Depend on the schedules. I guess also that SNBA is not known very well yet by the ( :?: ) ... In April I flew also to Nairobi (going to Bujumbura) and they bought me a KLM ticket (business 8O 8O ) - which was not bad of course

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

Checked the time table today for flights to Nairobi. I want to take a flight on November 8. I am lucky since in that week there are flights on the 7th and 8th (via Kigali) and on the 11th and 12th (via Entebbe). So indeed only 4 flights / week instead of the 6 flights.
When I come back on December 12, the 'normal' schedule is back ...

Hope I can be booked on SN flights :P

Danny