Air India to place 6 billion dollar order with Boeing

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

chunk

Post by chunk »

bits44 wrote:This insane reaction by Airbus has now escalated up the highest level of government and has affected Diplomatic relations between the two Countries, by escalating this furor Airbus is causing itself irreparable harm not only now but in the future.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1350590,0002.htm
Airbus is France, Germany, Spain, UK etc. no? Airbus is not doing itself any harm here - if it has a case. Don;t be surprised when these 'other factors' come out once the planes are in Ai's hands. The Indian government also needs to play a very careful game here as p*ssing of France, UK, Spain, Germany etc is really not a good plan. If there has been no underhand practices going on here how come the purchasing body doesn;t just come out and explain the reasons for the choice? 'Techno-economic' reason? What the hell?

All I am saying is there are two sides here and I haven;t seen Airbus cry foul like this without good reason before. I stand corrected if that is not the case but I don;t remember. Boeing onthe other hand has done it so often.....IB etc.

tof1973

Post by tof1973 »

Airbus is NOT a french company.... unfortunately for some of yous who seem to take delight in applauding the embarrassement Airbus put itself in here. Contrarily to what some North American institution are claiming, it is a subsidiary of a company owed at 30% by the germans, 30% by the french, 5% by the spanish and 20% by the brits (BAE). In other words it is owed by 4 countries which ARE some of the main worlwide trade partners of the US.
I might not have the expertise of a 5 years airline CEO but my basic understanding is the "don't put alll your eggs in the same basquet" should be his moto. I am not sure that an airline going all airbus OR all boeing is really well managed. Wether this airline chooses all boieng OR all airbus does nt make ANY difference ... it is still an unbelievably poor managerial decision.
There is enough place in the world for two or more leaders, and Indian airlines should rethink there plans to take advantage of this and distribute their cards.
In the end, what happened here is not bad for Airbus or for Boeing .... it is bad for the airline in question .....

bits44

Post by bits44 »

You might want to read the article.

Indian officials are furious over FRENCH Ambassador to India Dominique Girard's charge that "factors other than commercial" had swung a $6.8 billion deal to the US-based Boeing for 50 planes for Air-India.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I am not sure that an airline going all airbus OR all boeing is really well managed.
Want to take a look at Southwest Airlines??? To my knowledge they are the most profitable airline in the United States. :wink: What about Ryanair?? They gave grown (in terms of passengers) six times compared to what they were carrying 1995. :wink:
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Airbus gives press statements here.

Boeing does the same.

AirIndia too joins in the fray.

The government jumps in to defend itself.

What is going on here :!:
Aum Sweet Aum.

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Advisor, I think it is called competition :wink:

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

B744skipper wrote:Advisor, I think it is called competition :wink:
Airbus and Boeing, I can understand.

Why does the Airline need to join in and moreso eyebrow raises when the ruling co-alition also joins in :!:

Do such things happen when palms are greased or when a country bows down to foreign aka a superpower who sends some rice to do the needful just to make sure its economy runs by giving F-16s to some and yes a promise to give more advanced F-18s to one.

Hence, i asked WHAT IS GOING ON :roll:
Aum Sweet Aum.

boeing797

Post by boeing797 »

cathayoneworld wrote:What is Air India thinking about? :x Why they choose Boeing? I dun think that Boeing's planes are better than the planes made by Airbus.
How do you know dud?

Regards

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Advisor wrote:
B744skipper wrote:Advisor, I think it is called competition :wink:
Airbus and Boeing, I can understand.

Why does the Airline need to join in and moreso eyebrow raises when the ruling co-alition also joins in :!:

Do such things happen when palms are greased or when a country bows down to foreign aka a superpower who sends some rice to do the needful just to make sure its economy runs by giving F-16s to some and yes a promise to give more advanced F-18s to one.

Hence, i asked WHAT IS GOING ON :roll:
I think I need to revise my statement a bit here, It's called competition and politics.

As we both know, in the aviation sector a lot of politics are involved.
As we also know, politics are a dirty game, so is competition.
When combining the two, one does see that it is not always fair (and moral defendable) what happens.
But it's not personal, it's just business (or/and politics) :wink:

tof1973

Post by tof1973 »

Want to take a look at Southwest Airlines??? To my knowledge they are the most profitable airline in the United States. What about Ryanair?? They gave grown (in terms of passengers) six times compared to what they were carrying 1995." Kinght 255
...???....
I thought we were talking about global airline companies... I have desperatelky tried to use one or the other for transcontinental flights but I have been still unsuccesfull ....

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

brakes_78

Post by brakes_78 »

HorsePower wrote:Air India's Boeing choise influenced by fear of US reprisals (french)

source: Financial Times, monday issue.

Seb.
Looks to me that the US is either bullying or that India wants planes whether Airbus or Boeing does not matter and yes, the permanent seat in the UN security council.

BP

Post by BP »

kNIGHT225 WROTE:
Want to take a look at Southwest Airlines??? To my knowledge they are the most profitable airline in the United States. What about Ryanair?? They gave grown (in terms of passengers) six times compared to what they were carrying 1995.
I beleive that we should not compare LOW COST CARRIERS to tradicional carrier. A LCC usually relies on one type of aircraft in their fleet as their workhourse. In the case of a tradicional carrier they will require different type aircraft for various missions to keep cost down.

tof1973 wrote:
I thought we were talking about global airline companies... I have desperatelky tried to use one or the other for transcontinental flights but I have been still unsuccesfull ....
Hi tof1973, welcome to Luchtzack Aviation its good to have you on board, :D :D :D As to your last post I could not agree with you more.

bits44

Post by bits44 »

The definitive analysis of this stupid problem from India's point of view.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... urpg-1.cms

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

All i can say.

Let it roll, let it roll, let it roll.

Air India will :rock: anyway. So let us relax and watch what arrives. I can assure you that it will definately be a plane :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

The decision to go in for Boeing rather than airbus has a press release :arrow: here
Aum Sweet Aum.

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Airbus has decided to reopen the can of worms.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

bits44 wrote:Airbus has decided to reopen the can of worms.

So do we expect a clash of the titans :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Anything less would be anti-climactic 8O