Miles and More

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Stij

Miles and More

Post by Stij »

Hi,

I try to claim miles for my children and when I try to fill in the form online... one cannot select Brussels as an origin nor destination.

Has anybody else had the same experience?

Stij

Airbus330lover

Re: Miles and More

Post by Airbus330lover »

Hello same problem.
I have a lot of miles, will spend some for upgrades or free tickets ou partial payment.
Avoid M&M.....
Spend 3 times 30 minutes (until time out) = 90 € for music
Then called OS, SN and LH, waiting on same music and... no serious answer.
all segments not possible on my trip BRU-REP (flight BKK-REP)

Never again... Sorry SN, but no other solution.

b720

Post by b720 »

My experiences are better as long as I stick to the LH
Groupor M&M Miles. Maybe better use your miles to BKK and book separate ticket to SEP?. not sure how M&M works on Thai
And how many miles they charge for those flights..

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

I hinted at the problems with M&M in other threads. I will not bother you with the problems I had with M&M since about a year, but imho, M&M has become one of the worst, if not the worst, FFP in Europe. I don't put any miles any more into my account. When all my M&M are gone, I will cancel my account.

For those who fly regularly but not enough to qualify for Elite status, United Airlines MileagePlus program is a good alternative. The rules are a bit complicated for those who want to achieve Elite status, but if this is not your case, it is, imho, the best alternative to M&M if you fly regularly with Star Alliance airlines. In addition, miles never expires.

For those aiming at Elite status within the Star Alliance network, an easier alternative is probably Aegean Air's Miles+Bonus. In addition to a given number of qualifying miles, you will, however, need to take two A3 flights in a given year to get Silver status (also with Star Alliance). A city trip on a qualifying A3 flight and fare to Athens is not really a punishment. That's the beginning. Reaching Gold is easier than with M&M. You will find out more on their web site. And like with United MileagePlus program, miles never expire.

Now, if you want to abandon giving preference to Star Alliance airlines, you can switch to AF/KL Flying Blue which is not a bad program at all and it is not difficult to avoid that your miles expire.

Same with, for instance, British Airways Executive Club. However, after all the comparing I have been doing with FFPs, to me Flying Blue is better than BA's Exectuive Club.

Food for thought !

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I think the contrary M&M is one of the best FFP for example Flying Blue is much more expensive to upgrade or to buy tickets but much much more.
For long haul I could make an upgrade with 20.000 miles with M&M compared to 99.000 miles with Flying Blue same price ticket.
I'm gold with the 2 programs in my experience M&M is much better without discussion.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

fcw

Post by fcw »

It’s better to credit miles into the United program, they don’t charge fuel surcharges when booking reward tickets on star partners.

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

You are right, fcw, it is point I forgot to mention.
All depends on one's priorities. I believe it is easier to get Elite status with Aegean, but if that is not your priority, or you fly regularly to the US, United's MileagePlus is better and, indeed, they don't charge fuel surcharges which are outrageous with some FFPs like M&M.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Airbus330lover wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 11:43 Hello same problem.
I have a lot of miles, will spend some for upgrades or free tickets ou partial payment.
Avoid M&M.....
Spend 3 times 30 minutes (until time out) = 90 € for music
Then called OS, SN and LH, waiting on same music and... no serious answer.
all segments not possible on my trip BRU-REP (flight BKK-REP)

Never again... Sorry SN, but no other solution.
New experience.....with a new reservation...
Same request BRU-REP, tried on 2 websites .... OS and SN of course. 4-22 oct premium eco.
Interesting result :
- SN : lower price 1498 € ...32h35 min journey... LX, SQ, LH (operated by SQ) .... only in the proposal
- OS : lower price 1026 € (50% less) 17:40 journey (+/- half duration)
How is it possible in the same group and to promote SQ instead of OS ?
How to destruct SN in the LH group ....

fcw

Post by fcw »

Airbus330lover wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 15:05 - SN : lower price 1498 €
Off topic, but it’s 31% less not 50. (Sn is 46% more if you want to write it the other way around)
On topic: do you have a screenshot of the Austrian ticket at 1026 in PE? Seems to good to be true.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

fcw wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 22:36
Airbus330lover wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 15:05 - SN : lower price 1498 €
Off topic, but it’s 31% less not 50. (Sn is 46% more if you want to write it the other way around)
On topic: do you have a screenshot of the Austrian ticket at 1026 in PE? Seems to good to be true.
one way.... premium
I fly on regular basis to REP from BRU ans it's always the cheapest. And not only OS, but LH too.
Unbelievable
Attachments
REP.jpg

fcw

Post by fcw »

Airbus330lover wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 15:53 On topic: do you have a screenshot of the Austrian ticket at 1026 in PE? Seems to good to be true.
one way.... premium

[/quote]

Ok, thanks, I wrongly assumed you were talking about a return ticket.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

fcw wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 19:37
Airbus330lover wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 15:53 On topic: do you have a screenshot of the Austrian ticket at 1026 in PE? Seems to good to be true.
one way.... premium
Ok, thanks, I wrongly assumed you were talking about a return ticket.
[/quote]
But those flight don't appear in SN web site... lower is >1400 €

EBKT

Post by EBKT »

Hi, the new changes of M&M have not been discussed here yet. Would be great to learn your opinion on this. I am senator for probably the last 10y or more doing all my flights within LH group. Mostly this means much higher price than other airlines and flying trough Fra mostly on my case. Not allowed flying business class it seems impossible to achieve gold status. Seems you need to fly twice a month intercontinental premium eco which is quite heavy traveling. Moreover status is only valid for 1year. Also it seems flying with *A partners is not really rewarded. Why does LH make their program so limitative? Seems like many loyal heavy travellers like myself may lose interest in favorizing LH? Especially in Bru with limited number of (long haul) direct destinations by SN….

EBKT

Post by EBKT »

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

EBKT wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 02:59 Hi, the new changes of M&M have not been discussed here yet. Would be great to learn your opinion on this. I am senator for probably the last 10y or more doing all my flights within LH group. Mostly this means much higher price than other airlines and flying trough Fra mostly on my case. Not allowed flying business class it seems impossible to achieve gold status. Seems you need to fly twice a month intercontinental premium eco which is quite heavy traveling. Moreover status is only valid for 1year. Also it seems flying with *A partners is not really rewarded. Why does LH make their program so limitative? Seems like many loyal heavy travellers like myself may lose interest in favorizing LH? Especially in Bru with limited number of (long haul) direct destinations by SN….
Same opinion, so difficult to have an upgrade, many airlines have better prices and.... better connections out of BRU.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Airbus330lover wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 11:21
EBKT wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 02:59 Hi, the new changes of M&M have not been discussed here yet. Would be great to learn your opinion on this. I am senator for probably the last 10y or more doing all my flights within LH group. Mostly this means much higher price than other airlines and flying trough Fra mostly on my case. Not allowed flying business class it seems impossible to achieve gold status. Seems you need to fly twice a month intercontinental premium eco which is quite heavy traveling. Moreover status is only valid for 1year. Also it seems flying with *A partners is not really rewarded. Why does LH make their program so limitative? Seems like many loyal heavy travellers like myself may lose interest in favorizing LH? Especially in Bru with limited number of (long haul) direct destinations by SN….
Same opinion, so difficult to have an upgrade, many airlines have better prices and.... better connections out of BRU.
I totally agree!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Maybe I am living on another planet, but I never had real problems to upgrade or have a free ticket (e.g. for my wife). Only with LH, if you want to upgrade in the airport prior to leaving, you are on a waiting list since usually they have 'overbookings' or other people are also on the waiting list.

Recently, I tried to get a free ticket for my wife to go to Montreal on AC (June 2024), but there were simply no 'free' seats, so bought a 'cheap' ticket instead ...

Of course I am Senator (for life) but not sure that makes a difference. I was before also Flying Dutchman and that was far more difficult.

So overall, never had major problems. I always call, do it in the airport or on the M&M website. I am not entirely sure what some of you tried to do, but would for sure never hang hours on the phone or whatsoever :D

Cheers,
Danny

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

DannyVDB wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 19:56 Hi all,

Maybe I am living on another planet, but I never had real problems to upgrade or have a free ticket (e.g. for my wife). Only with LH, if you want to upgrade in the airport prior to leaving, you are on a waiting list since usually they have 'overbookings' or other people are also on the waiting list.

Recently, I tried to get a free ticket for my wife to go to Montreal on AC (June 2024), but there were simply no 'free' seats, so bought a 'cheap' ticket instead ...

Of course I am Senator (for life) but not sure that makes a difference. I was before also Flying Dutchman and that was far more difficult.

So overall, never had major problems. I always call, do it in the airport or on the M&M website. I am not entirely sure what some of you tried to do, but would for sure never hang hours on the phone or whatsoever :D

Cheers,
Danny
Happy Danny,
I'm not senator but only Frequent traveller, and have always problems. Perhaps due to lhe travel combination and the last leg not on STAR airline.
Will try again