Aer Lingus - MAN-DUB Both Ways

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

Aer Lingus - MAN-DUB Both Ways

Post by Comet »

My first flights of the year. On 16th June I flew between Manchester and Dublin with Aer Lingus on BAe 146 EI-CTM. The flight lasted forty minutes and cruised at around 16,000 feet. The aircraft had leather seats all through, the first I've come across since flying on an Avro of Sabena back in 2000. Our take off was slightly late due to an Air Canada aircraft taking off before us. We had a female Captain (the first I've flown with, and didn't I just envy her that job :D !!) The weather was very good and there was no turbulence. Had a great view of Liverpool Airport and the EasyJet aircraft below! The service was basic. No snacks, sandwiches or even chocolate, just "tea, coffee, juice or water" - no beer or anything. Aer Lingus is the only airline I've flown on which doesn't seem to let you use a video camera during the flight, and this was a downside, as the views were great and would have been good on a video. There was alot of tight turning on the approach to Dublin (something similar to London City) and we had a good landing. A huge plus point of the day was the presence of a VLM Fokker 50, which was parked near to where our aircraft stopped. VLM don't normally fly to Dublin, so I was just lucky.
Coming back on the 19th June, we had BAe 146 EI-CLG, this time there was alot more cloud but a good flight nevertheless. Same very basic service, same leather seats. Flight lasted 35 minutes.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Re: Aer Lingus - MAN-DUB Both Ways

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:The service was basic. No snacks, sandwiches or even chocolate, just "tea, coffee, juice or water" - no beer or anything.
What time of the day was it? Some airlines just don't serve alcoholic drinks in the morning. On Sabena however, you could get a Champagne appetiser before breakfast in business class :lol:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

The flight left MAN at 11.30am and I left DUB at 2.45pm, but from what I read in an Irish newspaper, EI are reducing the meals service on all the flights. On Sabena's morning flights from MAN (the one I flew on, SN2174 which left at 10.55am) I was served a sandwich, a Twix chocolate bar and a can of Stella, and the flight was only about 10 minutes longer than the MAN-DUB.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise