The Worst Airline I've Flown With - Ever

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

The Worst Airline I've Flown With - Ever

Post by Comet »

Quite simply, Air New Zealand is the worst airline I've ever experienced.
My problems with this carrier began even before I had reached the airport. I had booked a multi-stopover holiday taking in Los Angeles, Sydney, Auckland and Hawaii, all flights with Air New Zealand, and how I regretted flying with them!!
When we tried to reconfirm our flight reservations, we were told by this inept airline that all our reservations were listed as cancelled. Some fool had cancelled our reservations as soon as the tickets were issued,a s the dates coincided. The moral to this is always reconfirm flight reservations, even when you are listed as "status OK"!!!
I requested a special meal, as I have a food allergy. Guess what I was served on board?? Yes, the very food I had told the fools I could not eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cabin attendants were ignorant, rude, obnoxious - and it was not just an odd one, it seemed to be a general thing with them. We were on an afternoon flight from Heathrow, and I was lucky enough to have a window seat. I was just enjoying the view of Scotland when we were told that all windows had to have the blinds closed because of the film being shown (and what a rubbish film it was). The audio entertainment was dreadful, I did not want to watch the film, and woe betide anyone who opened the window cover a tiny bit - the cabin crew (who were otherwise never available) would rush down the aisle, lean across and slam it shut. I spent ten hours in total purgatory, as I love to look through the windows when I fly.
The food was inedible. On one flight I was served a lamb curry, a food which I normally love, but not this!!! The lamb was so hard you could tap a tune on it (seriously). I also had some chicken which I could not pierce with my fork, so that was inedible as well.

The first airline I flew with after this dreadful pathetic bunch was Sabena, and how wonderful they were!!!!!!!!!! The cabin crews were pleasant and had a good sense of humour, I was allowed to look through the window of the aircraft!! I had decided that next time I flew to the US I would go from BRU to fly with Sabena, but it was not to be. Also, Sabena introduced me to Maes, I've never flown with an airline which serves Maes before! I was really sorry about what happened to Sabena, I hope SN Brussels do well.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise