Trip Report Copenhagen - Brussels with SN

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
theeuropean

Trip Report Copenhagen - Brussels with SN

Post by theeuropean »

Dear fellow members,

Today I flew from Copenhagen to Brussels after a week of visiting family and friends.

The flight I took was SN 2258 with a departure time of 11:50/Actual was around 12. Flight time was 1hr20mins which meant we landed 5 mins early in Brussels. The flight was operated by A319 OO-SSO.

I arrived in Copenhagen airport at 9:50 which was plenty of time in advance. Copenhagen airport was empty with around 150-200 flights departing today. All the shops in the airport as well as most restaurants were closed. Security took around 10 mins to clear - same procedure as pre-Corona. Everyone is obliged to wear a mask and there are constant announcements to keep the mask on. I don't have pictures of inside the terminal as photos are now forbidden inside the airport. The main terminal was shut for pax so only terminal 2 and 3 are used. Our flight left from gate D 1.

The flight from Brussels arrived on time. I counted that there where 65-70 pax on the inbound flight to Copenhagen. On our flight to Brussels there was around 100 passengers and what seemed a load factor of around 75-80%. Boarding started on time but it was done with Business class and Star Alliance gold to start with. In business class it was the first row with around 3 passengers. Flex and Fast was around 6-7 rows and with an occupancy rate of around 80% in that section. The rest Light and Relax filling up the rest of the aircraft. Entering the aircraft the crew spray your hands with disinfectant. I had the emergency exit which was nice with a bit more leg space. The crew came 4-5 times through the cabin collecting trash. They also give you a hand sanitizer towel. That I kept for later as I used the train from Brussels airport to the city center.

I had bought a ticket for 180 euros. The flight was uneventful. When we landed we didn't use a jetbridge but walked. Next to us was an Austrian embraer also on remote stand. Arriving in Brussels around 50% of restaurants are open and around 80% of stores. The airport had many cancelled flights, for obvious reasons SN is running most of the flights.

Overall a nice experience flying from sunny Copenhagen to grey clouds Brussels.

Best,
Max

FLYAIR10

Re: Trip Report Copenhagen - Brussels with SN

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Thanks for sharing your experience of this trip.

Someone I know came back from Sweden via CPH last friday.
The first part of her journey was by train from the Swedish city she lives and works.After a train change in Lund, there was a direct train to Copenhagen airport.
Upon arrival at the CPH-airport they had to stay in the train and there was a check of the paperwork.Only 'airline booked' passengers were allowed to leave the train and flight ticket/reservations had to be shown in this respect.
The airport-building was close to empty and after having filmed with her smartphone a few 'impressions' , she was approached by two security agents who requested her to delete the recordings on the spot.
The check-in was easy. Boarding into the plane was row per row . Each passenger had to use desinfectant spray before entering the Pax-compartment.(and wearing mouth masks,of course)
LF on this flight must have been about 60-65%, as each row was more or less occupied ,with the middle seats kept empty most of the time.
For then rest the flight was uneventful.

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Your friend was very lucky to leave! Denmark is only open to Swedes from Skaane/Scania (the southern part of Sweden), the rest of the country is "closed" for Denmark unless it's absolutely necessary for travel. CPH airport is much more convenient for all of Sweden south of Gothenburg as there is decent rail/bus/highway connections.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Your friend was very lucky to leave! Denmark is only open to Swedes from Skaane/Scania (the southern part of Sweden), the rest of the country is "closed" for Denmark unless it's absolutely necessary for travel. CPH airport is much more convenient for all of Sweden south of Gothenburg as there is decent rail/bus/highway connections.
She came from central Sweden, and it was checked before she left Sweden.
See also website of the Danish police which indicates that "You can travel through Denmark (transit) if you have a worthy purpose outside Denmark or you are going on holiday. This applies regardless of your habitual residence."
"You can transit through Denmark for the purpose of going on holiday outside Denmark, but the transit should be made without undue delay."

https://politi.dk/en/coronavirus-in-den ... in-transit

She is a belgian citizen and (finally) returning home for holiday until end of july. She did not make her booking yet for the return flight. Usually she travels through Stockholm BMA, but since SN didn't have flights in June to Bromma, an alternative had to be found...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice to read first experiences of post-Corona flights. Thanks to both of you. Load factors look decent.

I find it weird not to allow photographs inside airport. Did security give any reason?
André
ex Sabena #26567

PttU

Post by PttU »

sn26567 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 17:40 Nice to read first experiences of post-Corona flights. Thanks to both of you. Load factors look decent.
Wasn't SN planning to abandon the A319 and only use 320's in their fleet?
In these distancing-times, it might be interesting as well to have a little more spacing of an A320, albeit with lover LF's then.