Smuggling a kitten on a TUIfly flight from Varadero to Brussels

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Kenlybe

Smuggling a kitten on a TUIfly flight from Varadero to Brussels

Post by Kenlybe »

A little crime by YouTuber Bald and bankrupt and his friend. They brought a malnourished kitten from Cuba all the way to Brussels on a TUIfly flight including nerve-racking technical stop in Cancun.

luchtzak

Re: Smuggling a kitten on a TUIfly flight from Varadero to Brussels

Post by luchtzak »

There will always be people who think they are allowed more than other people 🙄

Did the kitten get the right vaccines?
The correct travel documents?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hasta la Victoria siempre !
E viva Fidelito !
miauw

As a cat person .. respect..!

Vaccines will she get here..
If those people will take such hassle to safe a cat they will take good care of it here !

Now all start worrying about Corona again 😂
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Sonho1985

Post by Sonho1985 »

Well... by coincidence a similar case became a hot news item in (Flemish) Belgium recently.
Maybe you should remove your post if you don't want to get the Federal Food Agency putting you on their most wanted-list?

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Cat person here as well, all I can say is well done ! As Lex said, no doubt this poor kitty will soon be the king / queen of the house :)

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

airtrainer wrote: 25 May 2020, 16:09 Cat person here as well, all I can say is well done ! As Lex said, no doubt this poor kitty will soon be the king / queen of the house :)
Not well done at all, it’s ignorant and antisocial and you should be ashamed of supporting such behavior. Rabies kills tens of thousands of people each year and cats in Cuba are at risk of having this disease.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Jetter wrote: 25 May 2020, 18:29
airtrainer wrote: 25 May 2020, 16:09 Cat person here as well, all I can say is well done ! As Lex said, no doubt this poor kitty will soon be the king / queen of the house :)
Not well done at all, it’s ignorant and antisocial and you should be ashamed of supporting such behavior. Rabies kills tens of thousands of people each year and cats in Cuba are at risk of having this disease.
I can only agree ...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

This post was way before cat 'Lee'.

Rabiës is serious okay !

So is a cat's life for cat persons..

Were those people and that girl naive , yes maybe.. were they against the law... yes...

So save the cat's life and put her/him here three months/weeks in isolation. No need for killing the cat...
We have isolation, quarantaine possibilities here.. so stop the social mantra of killing the cat..

No animal need to be killed as they are harmless when they can go out of quarantaine..

Prefer to pay tax for such animals then for real monsters like Dutroux and co ...

Back on aviation I know but it really upsets me when people are cheering and supporting unnecessary killing of my favourite animals ;)

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

cathay belgium wrote: 25 May 2020, 19:29 Hi,

This post was way before cat 'Lee'.

Rabiës is serious okay !

So is a cat's life for cat persons..

Were those people and that girl naive , yes maybe.. were they against the law... yes...

So save the cat's life and put her/him here three months/weeks in isolation. No need for killing the cat...
We have isolation, quarantaine possibilities here.. so stop the social mantra of killing the cat..

No animal need to be killed as they are harmless when they can go out of quarantaine..

Prefer to pay tax for such animals then for real monsters like Dutroux and co ...

Back on aviation I know but it really upsets me when people are cheering and supporting unnecessary killing of my favourite animals ;)

CXB
I didn’t see anyone say this or another cat should be killed. :) However there is a huge middle ground between saying a cat should be killed and cheering people on who intentionally ignore safety rules that are there for a very good reason. This video is even way worse than what happened with Selena’s cat, because this guy hid it on the plane and I believe Selene was just advised to not take the cat but didn’t hide it.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

No I'm not ashamed at all. In fact, the more I know humans, the more I love animals...

Kenlybe

Post by Kenlybe »

Sonho1985 wrote: 25 May 2020, 00:57 Well... by coincidence a similar case became a hot news item in (Flemish) Belgium recently.
Maybe you should remove your post if you don't want to get the Federal Food Agency putting you on their most wanted-list?
I've only now seen your reply. Well, it's not me, so I'm safe! Bald and bankrupt is a Youtuber who roams around and I guess the cat is staying with his friend in Russia now. It's indeed coincidence that bringing a cat to Europe became hot news lately with kitty Lee.

I don't think they meant any harm either, they just wanted a better life for the kitten and as they are travelling they didn't have the time to do it the correct way. Is it irresponsible? Knowing what happened to Lee, I'd say yes. Before I didn't know either about the risks, so I'm not blaming them. I hope little Fidel is safe and will enjoy his life.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Looks like he's enjoying his new life indeed :D
@furry_bandito on Instagram