Turkish boeing 787-9 business class AYT-IST

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

Turkish boeing 787-9 business class AYT-IST

Post by etopsflyers »

To be fair, I had no plans to fly the Turkish 787 as my previous 787 experiences were not all that exciting.

I had to travel to Istanbul from Belgium, Turkish carriers being out of their minds (between 400-700€ one way on a 3h flight in economy...) the cheapest option was to fly TUI from Liege to Antalya then make a quick connection with Turkish for a total of only around 200€ Including the domestic leg in J class.

After flying OO-JAY to Antalya I was surprised by the 787-9 flight to Istanbul.

The 787-9 looks good for sure but the "new" TK cabin is just...too dark, too black, crowded!

There are no real words to express it...it is just disappointing from my point of view.

Some airlines try to have a standard while with TK you can't really expect anything especially on wide body airplane.

From many different cabins my least favorite was the old jet airways cabin they operate on some leased 332's but now I think the 787 cabin is even worse.

The new seats offer more privacy lets say compared to their 777´s but I can't think of an average american male flying 12-14H transatlantic on those tiny uncomfortable seats.

Other than that, service and crew were great however I would take a good old A330 over the 787 anytime!

Here is a link to my video for those who might be interested.

sn26567

Re: Turkish boeing 787-9 business class AYT-IST

Post by sn26567 »

You are right: the interior does not at all look cosy. I did not see the seat arrangement: is it 1-2-1 or 2-2-1?
André
ex Sabena #26567

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

It is in a 1-2-1 configuration.

The FA was telling me about the lack of control command on the economy class IFE stating passengers push too hard on the screen making the ones in front uncomfortable.

This cabin may be OK on the 350 which is wider.

The black though has to go...

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

How long was taxi time after landing at IST?
Seems your plane landed at the nearby terminal runway
I landed 3x times so far at new IST on the far away runway and taxi time was 25 min!

Flying BRU-IST this saturday and onto BKK, 2h connection time, affraid landing again on far away runway and no time to visit IST TK lounge....