R2 to ABJ

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hi Muisje,

For most African countries you need a visa and ask it several days in advance.

Did you know someone who had problems by not having asked a visa on time? If such is the case, please tell us the story :P

I know of someone in my organisation who went to Warsaw with only an identity card, no passport. She was held for half a day in a dark office of the airport between 2 or 3 border guards and sent back to Belgium, notwithstanding a call to the Belgian Embassy.
André
ex Sabena #26567

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

I take luchtzak with me to ABJ next week

I see, Luchtzak de Gelukszak. :)

Greetz,

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

There is currently a more critical issue: Belgian passports to the USA. Every day, 4 to 5 people are denied boarding on US-bound aeroplanes in BRU because they do not have the right papers.

Tourists do not need a visa, but only if they have a new passport with an electronic chip (it bears European Union instead of European Community on its cover). Without a new passport, they need a visa, which costs € 100 at the US consulate.

It is thus cheaper to buy a new passport right away (€ 50). Also do not forget that re-booking is expensive (€ 150).

This was our daily advice on financial matters, sponsored by L'Echo and De Tijd :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567