KLM Embraer 175 | Part 1/3 San diego

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

KLM Embraer 175 | Part 1/3 San diego

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello,

I am in San diego for some recreational flying and thought it was the opportunity to fly two rare aircrafts on this trip as I may not have the chance to do it again in the future.
So I booked a two way ticket via Delta for a flight from Dusseldorf to San Diego with the KLM 747-400Combi and Delta 767-400ER on the way back.
The commuting between DUS-AMS and LAX-SAN are done by Embraer 170/175's.
The main reason for me booking on Delta over Star Alliance (which I mostly fly) being those two airplanes, the price was also very attractive I only paid 460€ two way.(I got an offer during online check in from KLM to upgrade Business class for around 600€).
When you buy your ticket you have the option of customizing your travel whether you want a checked in bag or not etc. the cost of a checked-in bag, seat selection and some other benefits was 80€ extra.
I opted for the light fare and had only hand luggage.
I brought a small suitcase with my clothes and my backpack on this 12 days trip.
During online checkin on Delta's mobil app transferrd me to the KLM website where I could choose my seats free of charge for all 3 legs to include the Delta connection from LAX to SAN which is great.
I didnt have to bother waiting in line or anything, I had my boarding pass ready in my phone and went straight to the airplane.
The flight itself was very short and comfy.
The Embraer 175 is a cute little yet impressive aircraft.
We were offered complimentary snaks and some water just after take off and the cabin crew of two were perfect, big smile on their faces very kind and respectful.
My Dusseldorf and Amsterdam experiences were great and easy going but wasnt the same for LAX wich I will come back on later in part 2.
Hope you enjoy!
Etops flyers