3.5H delay + "fake" business class on Turkish.

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

3.5H delay + "fake" business class on Turkish.

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello Dear friends,

Part of flights I had recently was TK2354 to Izmir.
As you know Turkish mostly flies 2-2 configuration on narrow body planes however some of their older 320&737's still have the "european style" fake business class seats.
On that day flight was operated by TC-JPL, an 11years old A320.
(I wrote about this earlier if you want to experience Turkish airlines you would need a few flights, one flight could be operated by a brand new 737NG while the flight back could be flown in an "old" 320 or even a 77W this is why I say there is no "standart" at Turkish).
By the way I tried to "review" as many flights as I could and share it with some of you it may interest.
I already shared the brand new 737NG domestic business, A320 business domestic,A321domestic/international economy,A330 international Business/Economy and have a 77W domestic + older version 737NG domestic coming.
Hope you enjoy, please let me know if the "Turkish" experience does not interest you, I will take action and share other airlines.
Fly safe!
Etops Flyers

sn26567

Re: 3.5H delay + "fake" business class on Turkish.

Post by sn26567 »

Bad luck! Surprising, because TK has a good on-time rating in general.
André
ex Sabena #26567

etopsflyers

Re: 3.5H delay + "fake" business class on Turkish.

Post by etopsflyers »

As the captain stated it was due to very bad weather at Istanbul and crew but I don't know what it was about.
Infact bad luck has been following me throughout this trip, the DUS strike, 3.5 delay to Izmir, 1H delay on my 777 flight etc.
I think the biggest reason for me being dissapointed quickly with TK is that I have very big expectations everytime I fly them.
Same goes with Lufthansa not LH Group airlines but Lufthansa.
When I fly them I expect too much.
For instance on the DUS-IST flight which took place during strike ANA attendants took passengers from check-in to airplane thus making the journey comfortable, an easy step to take for your customers.
TK however did not bother.
Small things can make the difference and this is what they lack.
Etops