Turkish airlines a320 business class domestic

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

Turkish airlines a320 business class domestic

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello dear Aviation 24 familly,

As I posted previously I travelled to Turkey to become a star alliance gold member.
Infact, Turkish Airlines promoted flights out of Istanbul's new airport by giving 5X miles on flights in and out of the airport.
So I booked a few very cheap domestic business class flights in order to get the gold status.
Most of the flights out of ISL(new airport) are operated by new 737-800's with new business class cabin however a few high demand routes are flown by TC-JUF and TC-JUK which are old but reliable A320´s.
These two 320's were already flying domestic for some years now and it didn't take much to get them configured for high business class demand.( selling tickets as low as 40€ one way and earning up to 6000Miles a flight)
Seat row 1 to 8 became business class and midle seats would not be sold thats it! (Normaly Unlike many european airlines Turkish offers 2-2 seating on narrow body business class for both domestic and international flights).
After last years CPH-IST flight I had with Turkish flying their ex jet airways 330-200 which was a total dissapointment I tried to avoid Turkish Airlines as much as I could however these flights made me think again about my decision.

So dear friends here is a video of what it looks like to fly from Istanbul's new airport to Trabzon(Black sea area,Turkey) on TC-JUF.

Fly safe.

Etops Flyers

sn26567

Re: Turkish airlines a320 business class domestic

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for these first glimpses into Istanbul new (gigantic) airport.

Pity you didn't have the real business class seats. This was probably compensated by a good meal on a short flight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello André,

You are very welcome.
Infact meal was great on all flights I had during this "mileage run".
Seats were OK not very comfy but still when I think about miles and the gold status it will bring me, it felt like my bed :)

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Thanks Etops Flyers for this nice video.
First time I see the Yeni Istanbul terminal. Impressive and quite an improvement over IST.

So are they really going to open it to all traffic in 4 days?
Up until a couple of months ago it was announced that all operations would be transferred to the new airport during the night of 31st October to 1st November.
Then on 31st of December but I couldn't find any info on the web sites of Atatürk Airport, TK or other airlines confirming this date.

Of course if they also transfer the IATA code as rumoured, you book a flight to IST and land at ... IST. That this is now 30km away is not their problem I guess.

Also, Eurocontrol does not yet publish the AIP for LTFM.

Nice to see (just a 1-second glimpse in your vid showing the Safety Card) that TK, contrary to many other airlines, realizes that there is no A320-100 anymore. :D

On the other hand, you can hear the flight deck announcement "Crew, prepare for TAKE-OFF "!!!
Did you hear this during your other flights as well?
Not that TK is an exception though as I heard this as well a couple of months ago on a WizzAir out of CRL.
:shock:

Anyhow, thanks again for the nice vid.

H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 18:42 First time I see the Yeni Istanbul terminal. Impressive and quite an improvement over IST.

Up until a couple of months ago it was announced that all operations would be transferred to the new airport during the night of 31st October to 1st November.
Then on 31st of December but I couldn't find any info on the web sites of Atatürk Airport, TK or other airlines confirming this date.
I think I read somewhere that the transfer of all of TK to ISL would be delayed until the end of March.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sn26567 wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 22:04
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 18:42 First time I see the Yeni Istanbul terminal. Impressive and quite an improvement over IST.

I think I read somewhere that the transfer of all of TK to ISL would be delayed until the end of March.
Thank you André.

Not sure there is one journalist left there to dare reporting a delay.
:cry:

H.A.

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello H.A.

Yes they report on every and each flight prior to take off and landing.

Infact there are a few flights operating out of ISL already for a few month now to include Baku, Ercan, Izmir,Antalya and Ankara to start with.

Last I heard on the Turkish media was they expect the "big transfer" mid March.

As from now on you can book and fly to ISL from the airports above but also to almost every and each domestic destination on TK's network plus a few international routes.

Planned new routes from 10JAN19 as follows.

Istanbul New Airport – Ashgabat 10JAN19 – 26FEB19 4 weekly 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Frankfurt 10JAN19 – 28FEB19 1 daily 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Kuwait City 11JAN19 – 27FEB19 4 weekly 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – London Gatwick 04FEB19 – 28FEB19 4 weekly 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Moscow Vnukovo 11JAN19 – 27FEB19 5 weekly 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Munich 10JAN19 – 28FEB19 5 weekly 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Paris CDG 10JAN19 – 28FEB19 1 daily A321
Istanbul New Airport – Tbilisi 10JAN19 – 27FEB19 1 daily
737-800

Fly safe,
Etops

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Two different airports are a headache for transfers! They better do the whole move at once.
André
ex Sabena #26567

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

They will transfer once for all.
That is the main reason for them to postpone the transfer everytime they want to be fully ready once for all.

On the other hand they simply cannot sell a ticket which does not mention there would be some sort of commuting in between airports.(would mention BRU-IST->ISL-ADB for exemple).

Infact they have been doing this for years with Sabiha but sold these flights at a cheaper price so its up to the passenger to choose.

For now I wouldn't be too concerned till March and
I am pretty sure however that everythink will be OK before 31th March as there are elections in Turkey on that day!

Etops

PttU

Post by PttU »

Maybe it's best to start with only a handful of destinations to sort out the teething issues before making the big leap of moving all operations...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

PttU wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 12:40 Maybe it's best to start with only a handful of destinations to sort out the teething issues before making the big leap of moving all operations...
Do you imagine the headache for people connecting at Istanbul? IST? ISL? They have tried the new airport with a few domestic destinations, now it is time to move the entire operation to ISL at once!
André
ex Sabena #26567

PttU

Post by PttU »

sn26567 wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 16:07
PttU wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 12:40 Maybe it's best to start with only a handful of destinations to sort out the teething issues before making the big leap of moving all operations...
Do you imagine the headache for people connecting at Istanbul? IST? ISL? They have tried the new airport with a few domestic destinations, now it is time to move the entire operation to ISL at once!
I sure can imagine... The same happens when considering LHR/LGW/LCY/STN/LTN as being all London. I wouldn't like it if they hide the transfer behind something like "just transfer at Istanbul", but I prefer to transfer for a few months and have the big-bang-move without too many troubles over a transfer at the same airport but arriving without luggage or worse problems because of issues not fully sorted out yet.

cheapbizclass

Post by cheapbizclass »

Hey, Trusting somebody can help. Fundamentally my boss has new guidelines that permits booking premium economy for flights more than 5 hours, yet economy under 5.
I'm independent and need to mastermind/pay flights myself at that point guarantee it back as costs.