Pegasus A320NEO to SAW

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

Pegasus A320NEO to SAW

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello dear Aviation 24 familly,

As Turkish Airlines is giving 5X miles on flight departing and arriving Istanbul ISL (new airport) till end of the year it was the occasion for me to get some star alliance miles and also a star alliance gold status fast and cheap.
Turkish still has seats available on domestic flights where you pay a J class ticket 250TRY (about 40€) and get 5000statute miles one way.
(You become a star alliance silver at 25K and Gold at 40K with Turkish).
Anyways...
Even though I was travelling to Turkey to get that Gold status I didn't want to pay 270€ two way ticket from Brussels to istanbul with Turkish so I booked on Pegasus Airlines for 80€ two way from Charleroi Airport (1 hand bag only 8kg).
It was an early afternoon departure from a very cold and windy Belgium.
Pegasus departs from terminal T1 and flies to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen.
The aircraft was an A320NEO, I had flown it a few times previously with Pegasus.
Yes it is very quiet in the front but it doesn't change anything if you travel way in the back.
Service is just like any low cost airline, they sell you buy and get what you pay for.
Overall I am thankful that Turkey has Pegasus because otherwise there would be almost no competition on the Istanbul route and Turkish would happily charge 500€ a flight.
So Here is a link to a video where I share my Pegasus flight experience.

Fly safe...
Last edited by sn26567 on 21 Dec 2018, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected bbcode

sn26567

Re: Pegasus A320NEO to SAW

Post by sn26567 »

Nice video. Were you able to select your window seat in advance?
André
ex Sabena #26567

etopsflyers

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello,

To select your seat there is an extra fee.
What I do most of the time with low cost airlines is I proceed like if I was going to check in then check out the automaticaly assigned seat, if It is a window seat I check in if not i just cancel.
As an example on this flight I tried it two days before departure date seat assigned was 30C but when I tried a day later it gave me 21F which I took!
Works most of the time if you don't want to pay for a window seat :).

Etops Flyers

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for this nice advice.
André
ex Sabena #26567