Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Post Reply
Bal
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Nov 2018, 15:09

Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by Bal » 27 Nov 2018, 15:10

I would like to have help with a claim against a delayed flight I believe a compensation is due. Please correct me if you encounter wrong information.

TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 from 7 November 2018

The flight, scheduled to arrive in Brussels at 12:00 only landed around 15:30

As this is a long-haul flight with a delay of more than 3 hours but less than 4 hours I am entitled for a compensation of €300

I got a reply from the airline, stating that the flight effectively landed at 15:30 but that the scheduled arrival time at Brussels Airport was 12:40, less than three hours delay, hence no compensation is due.

TUI closed the file, but I disagree with their reply.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33799
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by sn26567 » 27 Nov 2018, 16:23

Welcome to Aviation24.be, Bal.

According to FR24, the STA is indeed 1200 and the plane landed at 1526. I think you have a case!

TUI often has two different schedules (one mentioned in the travel documents of the passenger, another one for the airports), an easy way to circumvent EU261.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus
Posts: 926
Joined: 24 Feb 2007, 18:28
Location: 2300NM due South of North Pole

Re: Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by Homo Aeroportus » 27 Nov 2018, 17:16

Maybe you should try again by explaining the grievances that you suffered because of that delay.
For example you missed another flight, or a business appointment.

Good luck,

H.A.

Bal
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Nov 2018, 15:09

Re: Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by Bal » 27 Nov 2018, 18:19

TUI fly Belgium closed the case.

737MAX
Posts: 104
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by 737MAX » 27 Nov 2018, 18:23

Bal wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 18:19
TUI fly Belgium closed the case.
Because the arrival time announced to you is 12:40 (that’s the only time that matters).

Bal
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Nov 2018, 15:09

Re: Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by Bal » 27 Nov 2018, 18:36

737MAX wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 18:23
Bal wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 18:19
TUI fly Belgium closed the case.
Because the arrival time announced to you is 12:40 (that’s the only time that matters).
No, when I booked the arrival time was 12:00

737MAX
Posts: 104
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 08:46

Re: Delayed TUI fly Belgium flight TB112 - 7 November 2018

Post by 737MAX » 27 Nov 2018, 19:07

Bal wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 18:36
737MAX wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 18:23
Bal wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 18:19
TUI fly Belgium closed the case.
Because the arrival time announced to you is 12:40 (that’s the only time that matters).
No, when I booked the arrival time was 12:00
Do you know when your flight was re-scheduled to 12:40?
TB112 shows an arrival time of 12:40 on their website now.

Post Reply