Istanbul New Airport and Star Alliance Gold.

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

Istanbul New Airport and Star Alliance Gold.

Post by etopsflyers »

Hello dear Aviation24.be familly,

I have been busy flying domestic flights lately with Turkish to and from their new istanbul airport for the sole purpose of becoming a Star Alliance Gold card holder but also earn a few nowadays hard to get miles...

Concerning the airport:
Istanbul Airport IGA- ISL is the 3rd commercial airport in Istanbul, Turkey.
Inaugurated on the 29th of october 2018 by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
For the time being only a few domestic and international routes are served by Turkish Airlines.
Even tough the airport won't be operating full capacity for a few more years ISL is expected to become the biggest airport worldwide...

Now I have to admit it is far from being ready for full capacity operations at this point.

I actualy am not interested in the airport itself but in the promotion Turkish Airlines has.

Infact they offer 5X status miles to passengers travelling to and from the new airport.
I booked 8 flights total in business class, 6 to be flown in November and the remaining 2 in December.
I have chosen Antalya as the departure airport and earned 6250statute miles per leg.
By the end of December I would have earned 50.000miles (3 one way tickets from Europe to Turkey in Business class + 1 domestic Business class ticket worth of miles or you could fly from BRU to JFK Business one way...) + an Elit status which is Star Alliance Gold for about 800€!!!

Promotion is still valid till end of the year.
I share with you an instagram link for a few airport pics and also a landing and take off video link in case you are interested to see what it looks like...

Fly safe...
Etops
[yts]https://youtu.be/ZMekrzPTHVo[/yts]
Photos: https://instagram.com/p/Bqe1k5VjuRo/