British Airways Compensation

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
clarkebarry

British Airways Compensation

Post by clarkebarry »

Hi all, I am new to Forum and I need some information to claim compensation for my delayed flight. Two weeks ago, I was travelling with British Airways from LHR to LIS for a holiday with my family. The flight was delayed due to some technical issues and we were delayed by 2 hours at the airport itself. We reached LIS 3 hours and 22 mins after the scheduled arrival. The very next day I read about claiming compensation for flight delays in the EU. I used the Flight Delay Compensation Letter Template to write a letter to BA but haven't yet received a reply. What do you think I should do? Anyone with a similar scenario?

Passenger

Re: British Airways Compensation

Post by Passenger »

clarkebarry wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 17:06 Hi all, I am new to Forum and I need some information to claim compensation for my delayed flight. Two weeks ago, I was travelling with British Airways from LHR to LIS for a holiday with my family. The flight was delayed due to some technical issues and we were delayed by 2 hours at the airport itself. We reached LIS 3 hours and 22 mins after the scheduled arrival. The very next day I read about claiming compensation for flight delays in the EU. I used the Flight Delay Compensation Letter Template to write a letter to BA but haven't yet received a reply. What do you think I should do? Anyone with a similar scenario?
The link you have used, see above, is not from British Airways but from Claimflights = a claim company with maximal presence on Google, and working on a commission. I don't know what they ask - but in the Benelux these claim firms keep 30% of the indemnity for themselves.

To get the full 100%, you need to contact BA through BA.com:
https://www.britishairways.com/travel/c ... ice-portal
(maybe you will have to amend your country selection from .be into .ch)

Contrary to Ryanair, British Airways is an airline that respects the European legislation. So when you provide all relevant details like flight date, routing, flight number, flight reservation reference and/or name of all passenger, they have to tell you if they do or do not regard the delay as "extraordinary circumstance". If so (example a bird strike) they don't have to pay the indemnity.

When doubt, you can contact the National Enforcement Body in the Uk or in your own country. You have indeed the choice. The NEB's do the same as the above claim company, but the NRB's do it for free (= you just have to thank them):
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr ... bodies.pdf

clarkebarry

Re: British Airways Compensation

Post by clarkebarry »

Passenger wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 20:57
clarkebarry wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 17:06 Hi all, I am new to Forum and I need some information to claim compensation for my delayed flight. Two weeks ago, I was travelling with British Airways from LHR to LIS for a holiday with my family. The flight was delayed due to some technical issues and we were delayed by 2 hours at the airport itself. We reached LIS 3 hours and 22 mins after the scheduled arrival. The very next day I read about claiming compensation for flight delays in the EU. I used the Flight Delay Compensation Letter Template to write a letter to BA but haven't yet received a reply. What do you think I should do? Anyone with a similar scenario?
The link you have used, see above, is not from British Airways but from Claimflights = a claim company with maximal presence on Google, and working on a commission. I don't know what they ask - but in the Benelux these claim firms keep 30% of the indemnity for themselves.

To get the full 100%, you need to contact BA through BA.com:
https://www.britishairways.com/travel/c ... ice-portal
(maybe you will have to amend your country selection from .be into .ch)

Contrary to Ryanair, British Airways is an airline that respects the European legislation. So when you provide all relevant details like flight date, routing, flight number, flight reservation reference and/or name of all passenger, they have to tell you if they do or do not regard the delay as "extraordinary circumstance". If so (example a bird strike) they don't have to pay the indemnity.

When doubt, you can contact the National Enforcement Body in the Uk or in your own country. You have indeed the choice. The NEB's do the same as the above claim company, but the NRB's do it for free (= you just have to thank them):
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr ... bodies.pdf
Yes it is a claiming company and it keeps 25% of compensation to themselves, but the link I used is a free template. I will make sure that I also check the BA customer service link provided. I hope I can get some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you so much.

Clarke.