Day trips

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Day trips

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Excuse me for being a total noob, but how on earth do you go about making day trips for fun by plane? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, if only I know how to do it and which destinations are most attractive (i.e. allow most time in situ) when traveling from BRU, so go on and share your experiences to a novice like me.

sn26567

Re: Day trips

Post by sn26567 »

I did quite a number of day trips, trying indeed to spend a maximum of time at destination. Therefore I select flights, often on different airlines and sometimes with a connection in a foreign airport. I also try to find cheap flights of course. On legacy airlines a return trip on the same day is often very expensive: buy your two tickets separately!
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

On FR did BCN-DUB-MXP-FCO-SXF-MAD..
On easy did SXF-MXP-GVA
On SN did BCN-MAH-GVA-TXL-MXP
Indeed book two seperate tickets for a good fare, and combine companies or even make triangles...
Finding them a cheap way itself its lots of fun ;)

Wait for great promotions or book well in advance.. Spain and Germany are very very easy...

If you find interesting ones always nice to post them here ;)

Enjoy !

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Ozzie1969

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Thanks for the tip on booking two separate tickets instead of a return ticket. I never would have thought of that, because I never would have considered it woud make any difference, but I checked with a VLM flight from Antwerp to Aberdeen and 2 separate tickets are indeed cheaper.

Ozzie1969

Post by Ozzie1969 »

What is the best way to book tickets for these day trips? Do you go straight to the airlines' websites, or to a travel agent's website?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Always book directly with FR,SN,U2,VO,EI,...
Except if you can book promotions of special fares with thé travel agentschap, but these times are really two years gone now really,....
Take also a look at thé websites for erro,.. euh strictly limited super promo fares, ...
And if you have a young spirit why not take two morning flights and a Redbull and dances thé night away ;)
Some websites van help you over thé night...
Sleepinginairports.com
So It dances in Stansted,played soccer in Pisa,dus a pub crawl in Dublin, a nightly walk in Alghero, relaxt in Marseille, ...

Daytrios are Fun but don't spend that much on your flights, it's more Fun thé chraper you can get them..
Grtz,
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I agree. Book directly from the airline. Two separate tickets. Otherwise, a website like skyscanner.com or kayak.com can be useful for finding days when tickets are cheaper.
André
ex Sabena #26567