Paris CDG - Brussels with Brussels Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

Paris CDG - Brussels with Brussels Airlines

Post by sn26567 »

On the internet, I just found a detailed trip report with lots of photographs on flight SN3634 CDG-BRU

https://flight-report.com/fr/report/287 ... ussels-BRU

The passenger was connecting at BRU to KGL. Interesting to note that his departure point was Brussels, but to pay less he took a Eurolines bus from Brussels to CDG. BRU-KGL was 750 €, but CDG-BRU-KGL only 425 €.
André
ex Sabena #26567

jan_olieslagers

Re: Paris CDG - Brussels with Brussels Airlines

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Hehe, that price difference reminds me of certain issues with beer pricing... :)

convair

Re: Paris CDG - Brussels with Brussels Airlines

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 00:34 On the internet, I just found a detailed trip report with lots of photographs on flight SN3634 CDG-BRU

https://flight-report.com/fr/report/287 ... ussels-BRU

The passenger was connecting at BRU to KGL. Interesting to note that his departure point was Brussels, but to pay less he took a Eurolines bus from Brussels to CDG. BRU-KGL was 750 €, but CDG-BRU-KGL only 425 €.
BTW, Air France does exactly the same: in order to lure belgian pax, they offer much better prices from BRU than from CDG on their long-hauls. Many french people take the (TGV) train from Paris-Nord to Brussels-South station and embark on the TGV to CDG (which is the first leg of their AF trip) for a long-haul connection. When returning to CDG, they of course skip the CDG-Brussels-South leg.
It's sure a loss of time, but they can work on the TGV and it's a significant gain of money: on Business class trips, the difference usually is more than 1000 €!