SN (with problems) to MAN

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

SN (with problems) to MAN

Post by sn26567 »

Big problem with my flight SN 2173 from BRU to MAN this Monday morning. Due to technical problems, the flight was first delayed, than the aircraft (Avro ARJ100 OO-DWJ) was replaced by the similar OO-DWK, resulting in a transfer by bus from Terminal B to Terminal A and a delay of one and a half hour (which meant late arrival at my meeting) :x . I was surprised to see that SN Brussels had a back-up plane, although we had to wait until it arrived from another destination. :o

After boarding and before take-off, we were served an orange juice, unusual for Y class. Take-off itself from, surprisingly, 07R: that happened seldom to me. The crew (captain De Bakker, stewards Denis, Kristen and Leslie) were very friendly and tried hard to make us forget the delay. Breakfast was a hot steaming croissant, a ham and cheese sandwich and the usual drinks. And finally arrival in rainy Manchester (back to normal, Meerkat, after my last very sunny visits). The load factor was close to 100%: good for SN but not so good for the pax.

Return by BA 1620 on an ERJ 145 (replacing the usual ARJ 100), codeshared with SN 5426. On time, load factor around 70%, but I had a free seat next to me. Choice of sandwiches ("chicken or cheese?") and drinks: for me an English-made Stella Artois. Friendly crew (two nice stewardesses, Kate and Heather, and no ugly steward :wink: ), but staunchly English only. As usual.

And, whereas SN mentioned that their flight was in co-operation with BA, nothing similar on BA.

Good to be back home. :P
Last edited by sn26567 on 01 Jul 2003, 08:38, edited 2 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

André,

too bad for your delay, those things can happen... Anyway 90% of SN BA's flight leave on time ;-) (I'm an advertising-scandal ;-) )

The orange juice and water is new for economy-class and people like it as you!

In fact BA refuses to say that flights are in cooperation with SN BA, we are hammered to announce our codeshares (and we have alot!) and they just ignore....

Anyway see you on your flight to Nice!

ciao,

Bart

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:too bad for your delay, those things can happen...
Not your fault, Bart, I don't blame YOU.
luchtzak wrote:Anyway see you on your flight to Nice!
I'm looking forward to that memorable trip :roll:
André
ex Sabena #26567

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Andre

I did warn you about the rain!!!! My son lives near Birmingham (110 km from Mancheater) and his words for yesterday's weather were "it has pissed down all day!!!". After a sunny weekend quite normal for central/northern England.

I am flying tomorrow so lets hope there is not too much of a delay as I am going to Manchester to travel back with my mother (reluctant flyer - needs a son to hold her hand etc.) so whilst i do not mind spending time in airport terminals she (and her wheelchair) is less happy. The l;ast time she came here by air the return flight to Manchester (with BA) was cancelled and she and my brother had to fly via Heathrow, only to find on arriving in Manchester that her wheelchair had not made the 2nd flight.

I have yet to fly on a stick (ERJ 145) and expect that both my flights will be on BAe RJ's.

Meerkat :wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Latest news: I got 1000 FF miles for both flights. They were booked with SN in B class for BRU-MAN and K for MAN-BRU. Big advantage over BA: only 625 miles in D class (discounted business) on BRU-MAN and 0 (zero) on MAN-BRU in K (on the very same flight as the one with the SN number).

Go SN :!:
André
ex Sabena #26567