Spotters welcome: Symbolic first TUI flight from Brussels Airport

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Prynwalt

Spotters welcome: Symbolic first TUI flight from Brussels Airport

Post by Prynwalt »

Dear aviation lover,

On Wednesday 19 October Jetairfly will become TUI fly. This is something we will not let go by unnoticed. On that day, we will put all passengers of the symbolic first TUI flight, the TB1(111) from Brussels to Málaga, Spain, in the spotlight and we will “launch” the aircraft on the runway with a visual event. We have the pleasure of inviting you to join us in seeing the airplane off on the runway.

Places are limited, and we will be applying the principle “first come, first serve”. The first 20 people to register are welcome. Perhaps a small clue: be sure to bring a wide-angle lens.

The flight to Málaga departs punctually at 11 am. The event on the runway will start at 10 am. On the runway: this means that we will have to procure a visitor’s badge for all our guests and that we will have to have sufficient time to admit everyone airside on Wednesday 19 October. That is why we will assemble at 8.30 am in the lobby of Jetairport on that day.

It is also important to receive the data of all people who will be present so that we can apply for all visitor’s badges in time. That is why we would like you to confirm your presence at the latest (!) next Friday at 6.00 pm.

Registrations:
Do you want to be there? Don’t forget to complete the form at https://goo.gl/forms/Wy8tCobkjabyQhKr2

Practical information:
1) We will meet at 8.30 am at Jetairport, Brussels National Airport 40P, 1930 Zaventem
2) We will provide parking spaces at car park P41 near Jetairport.
3) We will pass a security check. A word of advice: take only wat you absolutely need.
4) After the event, the possibility will be given to attend a reception in the TUI buildings, where sandwiches will be offered and where you will have a beautiful view of the runway from the terrace. The end is scheduled around 12.00 noon.

Yuqu12

Re: Spotters welcome: Symbolic first TUI flight from Brussels Airport

Post by Yuqu12 »

How do you know you can come if you don't have to enter an e-mail adress?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

A name change has never been so painful.
This is throat feeding marketing, 254 ads on the radio each day, useless PR, ...
Stop this pollution for f. sake.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Yuqu12 wrote:How do you know you can come if you don't have to enter an e-mail adress?
I was wondering the very same thing... Possibly they will announce the winners in a list, and hope that all winners check the list.

Best regards,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

If you send a registration form by Internet, you might receive a reply by the same route
André
ex Sabena #26567

Prynwalt

Post by Prynwalt »

Hi everyone,

Actually we will inform everyone who was "too late". So we can assure everyone who was not asked to fill in their email adress. Given current outlook, inscriptions will close as early as late this afternoon.

Regards,

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Prynwalt wrote:Hi everyone,

Actually we will inform everyone who was "too late". So we can assure everyone who was not asked to fill in their email adress. Given current outlook, inscriptions will close as early as late this afternoon.

Regards,
So if you entered your ID etc. at 10 a.m. this morning, you'll be able to come because the inscriptions are still open and they'll close if the 20 places are taken? Is that correct or am I wrong now?

Konus

Post by Konus »

"On Wednesday 19 October 2016 Jetairfly will be come TUI fly"

Why not TUI Airlines Belgium, as did their TUI Airlines Netherlands collegues ?

Won't there be any confusion with TUIfly in Germany, or is it the blank character which makes the difference ?

Sai

Post by Sai »

Konus wrote:"Why not TUI Airlines Belgium, as did their TUI Airlines Netherlands collegues ?"
Officially the airline or company is (and was/still will be) Tui Airlines Belgium NV.
They just changed their trading/brand name a few years ago to Jetairfly and now to TUI.

Like the trading name of the SN Airholding is 'Brussels Airlines'.

Jetairfly.com (their 'ticket only' brand) will change to TUI fly as all the other airlines in the group over time, as I understand.
But correct me if I'm wrong...

Konus

Post by Konus »

Thank you for the clear explanation.

Konus

Prynwalt

Post by Prynwalt »

All 'rejection' mails have been send to participants who did apply as one of the first 20. If you did not receive such mail - OR you were not able to enter in an email adress, then we are looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

Do note that it is important to send us a scan or photo of your ID in order to request airside acces.

Regards,

Pieter666

Post by Pieter666 »

Dear Prynwalt,

I've sent you a PM and also a mail to your TUI-address.
Can you please send me something back?

Kind regards,
Pieter

Prynwalt

Post by Prynwalt »

I'm using this forum to adress to T. Verstichel. You are one of the 20 first to apply and are welcome on Wednesday, but have not sent us your ID number. Please send us your ID number (XXX-XXXXXXXX-XX) via [email protected] before today or you will not be able to join us airside.

Regards,

Pieter666

Post by Pieter666 »

Pieterjan,

I would like to thank you for making this possible.
It was a great moment and I'm happy to be part of it...

I hope that events in the future will be also accessible for the spotters!

Kind regards, and thx again,
Pieter

Established02

Post by Established02 »

IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg (1009.04 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
A few more pictures of this event => https://www.facebook.com/Brussels-Airpo ... 6682829042

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

It was indeed a very nice event! Hopefully there will follow more events for spotters. Thank you very much!