Bombardier Q400 Brussels airlines operated by Flybe Brussels to Birmingham

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Shengenzone

Bombardier Q400 Brussels airlines operated by Flybe Brussels to Birmingham

Post by Shengenzone »

Enjoy my trip from Brussels to Birmingham onboard Flybe operating for Brussels airlines.
The flight was delayed by about 30 minutes.

sn26567

Re: Bombardier Q400 Brussels airlines operated by Flybe Brussels to Birmingham

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice video report. I was booked on the same flight in May, but it had been cancelled after the terror attacks, compelling me to fly to Manchester instead.

I see that Pier B still forces you to go through the long shopping mall detour...

I guess that the cabin crew was still English only? With a small free snack?

You made me laugh with your comment about vibrations, because the Q in Q400 means "Quiet" ;)

I also see that you were alternatively sitting at the right and at the left of the aircraft, which makes me believe that the LF was low.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

sn26567 wrote:Thanks for nice video report. I was booked on the same flight in May, but it had been cancelled after the terror attacks, compelling me to fly to Manchester instead.

I see that Pier B still forces you to go through the long shopping mall detour...

I guess that the cabin crew was still English only? With a small free snack?

You made me laugh with your comment about vibrations, because the Q in Q400 means "Quiet" ;)

I also see that you were alternatively sitting at the right and at the left of the aircraft, which makes me believe that the LF was low.
Yes, i find the detour rather annoying... The cabin crew indeed only spoke english but where friendly.
No free snack or drink is provided on the flights operated by Flybe (unlike BMI regional) furthermore you can only buy a drink by creditcard with a minimum purchase requirement of 5€. So if you just have cash, a regular bankaccount or Maestro you basically have to dehydrate.
The vibrations upon take-off where abnormal to my feeling. I have flown the Q400 multiple times and this was the first time this level of vibrations occured.
Indeed the load factor was low. (about 40-50%) In my original seat (10F) i didn't have a window which forced me to record backwards through the window of the passenger behind me.(who didn't mind)
The flight attendant came over after take-off to give me a free row off seats so i could easily film.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Shengenzone wrote:you can only buy a drink by creditcard with a minimum purchase requirement of 5€. So if you just have cash, a regular bankaccount or Maestro you basically have to dehydrate.
You can also buy drinks for 5€ or more with your credit card :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

sn26567 wrote:
Shengenzone wrote:you can only buy a drink by creditcard with a minimum purchase requirement of 5€. So if you just have cash, a regular bankaccount or Maestro you basically have to dehydrate.
You can also buy drinks for 5€ or more with your credit card :)
That is the ONLY way to buy !
PS. Thanks for your comments

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Shengenzone wrote:I have flown the Q400 multiple times and this was the first time this level of vibrations occured.
Maybe the 'Active Tuned Vibration Absorbers' were U/S during this flight?

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

DIBO wrote:
Shengenzone wrote:I have flown the Q400 multiple times and this was the first time this level of vibrations occured.
Maybe the 'Active Tuned Vibration Absorbers' were U/S during this flight?
I have no technical expertise, so i wouldn't know.
I can only state that it upset a few passengers who where worried.
Greetings ;)

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sn26567 wrote:I see that Pier B still forces you to go through the long shopping mall detour...
That's indeed most annoying about the B Pier, IMHO.
I understand the desire of the airport operator to have shops, but seriously, in BRU they have massively overdone it: you literally risk getting lost inside the very long and confusing shopping slalom.
They should really have a by pass or something, especially for premium passengers: not just at security, but also at all this commercial nonsense to which I do not want to be drawn (it's useless anyway, I can't claim it on my expenses and the shops are NOT good value for money, regardless what they claim).
Only Manchester is even worse: there you even have an information stand showing lost passengers to their gate!!!! I hope such is not the future for BRU? :roll: