Eurostar: Brussels-London-Brussels Leisure select/Standard video report (Jan 2015)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
MSS658

Eurostar: Brussels-London-Brussels Leisure select/Standard video report (Jan 2015)

Post by MSS658 »

Hello,
first of all my apologies for not being a pure aviation report.... But good news, next ones will be reports from in the air!

0:00 Eurostar/Brussels-London/Leisure Select
16:02 Eurostar/London-Brussels/Standard

Saturday, January 24 2015
Eurostar 9113
Brussels Midi-London St Pancras
0756-0857
Leisure select

A friend of mine planned a 2 day trip to London and invited me over! Unfortunally I had school on friday just missing the last train of the day to London. I decided to take the first avail train on saturday morning. Eurostar's first class called "Leisure Select" was only 15 Euro's more than Standard, a no brainer for me and a great way to sample both products.

Overall rating:76%
It was nice trying out Eurostar Leisure select class! It's quite a nice product! Comfortable seating and catering at seat, what more can you ask for! Having the mini cabin just made things better, personally Leisure select is one of the better formula's when looking for First Class train travel

for more details follow the following link
https://www.facebook.com/WorldwideFligh ... 8224314480

Saturday, January 24 2015
Eurostar 9144
London St Pancras -Brussels Midi
1604-1910
Standard

A friend of mine planned a 2 day trip to London and invited me over! Unfortunally I had school on friday just missing the last train of the day to London. I decided to take the first avail train on saturday morning. Eurostar's first class called "Leisure Select" was only 15 Euro's more than Standard, a no brainer for me and a great way to sample both products. On the return segment I was seated in Standard

Overall rating:78%
As Leisure Select, I had a good expercience in Standard as well. Friendly crew, lots of choices to eat and good catering. Seats where a bit on the old side but did not have any reason to complain at all. Eurostar has a great product and it's very convenient for travel between Brussels/Paris and London.

Check out the following link for more details:
https://www.facebook.com/WorldwideFligh ... 9364312366

sn26567

Re: Eurostar: Brussels-London-Brussels Leisure select/Standard video report (Jan 2015)

Post by sn26567 »

Nice report.

I remember that, when I was not yet a moderator on this forum, I presented a report on a trip by Eurostar as if it was an airline (e.g. with the XYR code instead of Brussels Midi, the Eurostar itself had an airline code, etc.). I never mentioned it was on a train. And the station in London was still Waterloo...

My report was transferred from the "Airline experience" forum to the "Luchtzak pub"!
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Re: Eurostar: Brussels-London-Brussels Leisure select/Standard video report (Jan 2015)

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote:Nice report.

I remember that, when I was not yet a moderator on this forum, I presented a report on a trip by Eurostar as if it was an airline (e.g. with the XYR code instead of Brussels Midi, the Eurostar itself had an airline code, etc.). I never mentioned it was on a train. And the station in London was still Waterloo...

My report was transferred from the "Airline experience" forum to the "Luchtzak pub"!
A little ( ;) ) off-topic too: many years ago the hovercraft services between Calais and Ramsgate (north of Dover) were called flights.

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

Hi all
sn26567 wrote:Nice report.

Thanks André, glad you liked it....
Coming to think about it.... I believe I made one Eurostar report in 2004 as well, and was told to post it in the "Luchtzak pub" aswell! Neverthless, next reports are pure aviation.

convair wrote:A little ( ) off-topic too: many years ago the hovercraft services between Calais and Ramsgate (north of Dover) were called flights.
So unfortunate I missed that, really waned to log the Hovercraft once.

Greetings
Marc

Comet

Post by Comet »

I only ever booked Euro"star" travel once - that was in 2009. That was the only time we ever lost a holiday. We were going to spend Christmas in Oostende but the Euro"star" trains broke down because snow landed on them in France. We said we would never book on it again. My sole experience of Euro"star" is complete and utter incompetence.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Would you prefer train over plane for that leg?

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

Hi Comet
Comet wrote:I only ever booked Euro"star" travel once - that was in 2009. That was the only time we ever lost a holiday. We were going to spend Christmas in Oostende but the Euro"star" trains broke down because snow landed on them in France. We said we would never book on it again. My sole experience of Euro"star" is complete and utter incompetence.
Sorry to hear that, I booked EUR quite a few times and never had to many major issues! As far as I can remember the winter of 2009 was pretty heavy. Even air traffic was heavy disrupted around that time.

Hi Brusselsairlinesfan
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Would you prefer train over plane for that leg?
Personally by plane, but must admit that the train is faster from centre to centre!

Greetings
Marc