Your contribution to support BRU, SN, ...

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
DannyVDB

Your contribution to support BRU, SN, ...

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Want to put this in a separate topic.

I think it is important that we, as regular users of BRU/SN/... and as aviation enthousiasts make some additional/special very practical efforts to support the aviation community and especially BRU/SN/airlines that fly on BRU; it is also financially in a certain sense ...

Some ways to do this:
1) I book as soon as I can my trips, even if they are still further in time (e.g. June); will also book trips now that I originally did not plan or wanted to avoid ...
2) I will book more tickets in a higher booking class (also need some more flexibility in the current circumstances anyway)
3) I will try to shrink my luggage whenever possible :D
4) Most probably I will also buy stuff at the airport shops now, which I only do occasionally
5) I will have more personal flights and with the family ...
6) I will avoid going through regional airports (although it is not me who will decide that I guess)

What would you do? Any other ideas?

Flights until 07/2016 that I plan now: Bucharest, Addis Ababa, Dubai/Abu Dhabi, Porto, Bucharest (again :D ), Los Angeles, Paris (sorry, train), Milan MXP, Naples, Helsinki, Dublin, Singapore. Later this year certainly Barcelona, Copenhagen, Milan MXP, Taipei ...

I think we should do (additional) efforts (besides the talking ;) ). It is also a topic of discussion I want to put on the table at work ...

With kind regards,
Danny

sn26567

Re: Your contribution to support BRU, SN, ...

Post by sn26567 »

Brilliant idea. That's also the way I act presently. Although, as a retired person, I have to be careful in the way I spend money ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

Excellent suggestion! In the past, I was always surprised to see some Belgian companies or established in Belgium favoring systematicaly foreign airlines! More than ever, we must have the right reflex, not nationalist but simply patriot to defend jobs and especially the image of our country! Who more than a national airline may be best ambassador! Let us be advocates for Belgian companies and particularly SN!

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi all,

I think it is important that we, as regular users of BRU/SN/... and as aviation enthousiasts make some additional/special very practical efforts to support the aviation community and especially BRU/SN/airlines that fly on BRU; it is also financially in a certain sense ...

Some ways to do this:
1) I book as soon as I can my trips, even if they are still further in time (e.g. June); will also book trips now that I originally did not plan or wanted to avoid ...
2) I will book more tickets in a higher booking class (also need some more flexibility in the current circumstances anyway)
3) I will try to shrink my luggage whenever possible :D
4) Most probably I will also buy stuff at the airport shops now, which I only do occasionally
5) I will have more personal flights and with the family ...
6) I will avoid going through regional airports (although it is not me who will decide that I guess)

What would you do? Any other ideas?
I think we should do (additional) efforts (besides the talking ;) ). It is also a topic of discussion I want to put on the table at work ...

With kind regards,
Danny
I completely agree...and I booked 2 YYZ...but I would appreciate to have your opinion. I have 3 SN tickets to MAD ( end of april, 2 in may ). It's possible for me to go to MAD at an other time, a little bit later. Is it better for SN I fly normally or is it better to move the flight...SN point of view ? Thx a lot...

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I think the most important is to share your view, to encourage other people to do patriotic as well. Avoiding BRU / SN because of what you have read / seen in the media (based on faulty rumours) is the worst what you could do at the moment.

Since I am hired by SN at the moment, I am not going to support them financially. I have already volunteered over the Easter weekend and I will still do whenever it is required & possible for me.

I would not change flights for the end of April, the best is to stick to your original travel plans. If the schedule is still largely disrupted by the end of April, SN will offer you a choice to re-book you or to travel at a later date. (I know postponing a trip is not the most convienient when you have booked non-refundable hotac, but if everyone is going to postpone their April/May/June flights, SN wil lose a lot of income.)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Thx for the comment coming from "Inside" SN...:-) .. I'll do it as you said....and good luck for you all !

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

I wish I were able to help SN too, but right now it is only BRU from TLL
Just decided to spend my Jaanipäev vacation in Belgium

Weather, don't let me down!

(I still have ice here, so disappointing is difficult)

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

I already booked a flight with SN!
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com