Luchtzak/Av geek daytrip?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
mad_fab

Luchtzak/Av geek daytrip?

Post by mad_fab »

Hi guys,

First, I know this is too early, but I'm just throwing the idea to see if some people are in.

I've done a few av geek trips with you guys (thx CX!) and it was always a pleasure and I also know the passion we have here for aviation.
In the light of the current events, shouldn't we organize a "support" day trip?
It's not about being a fanboy of brussels airport, SN, FR, JAF, ... because those are businesses, they need to operate to make money, but during the last days we've witnessed first hand that a lot of people from these companies went "the extra mile" for us like working all night long to move operations overnight to CRL, LGG or ARN.

I travel a lot for business, and I know that I'm not the only one here, that's why I'd like to make a daytrip with my own money just to say to the people that did more than just their job that "see guys? we are there, and we want to thank you. you, not only your company".

So, I don't know, we could do a daytrip using of course Brussels Airport, but also 2 of the airlines that were affected by this (I think SN is the most obvious, but we could do the return leg on FR, JAF, TCB).
About the time frame I guess that it's better to wait a little bit (or would it be more meaningful right now?).

In short, it's just a way to pass the message that even if we have our difference, we're still a big family. A message from people to people.

What do you guys think?

Airbus330lover

Re: Luchtzak/Av geek daytrip?

Post by Airbus330lover »

Good idea. I was planning the same just for fun (in the past i did the same after SN went bankrupt, one of the first flight DAT....)
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 30 Mar 2016, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

mad_fab wrote:What do you guys think?
Good idea indeed. Will you take the initiative to organise it? CX is in Hawaii...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

sn26567 wrote:
Good idea indeed. Will you take the initiative to organise it? CX is in Hawaii...
No time and...i mean we have to wait until mid april at least

wernerrav4

Post by wernerrav4 »

sn26567 wrote:
Do you think Lex is organizing a trip to Honolulu then :)

mad_fab

Post by mad_fab »

sn26567 wrote: Good idea indeed. Will you take the initiative to organise it? CX is in Hawaii...
Well, we are not really in a hurry here, aren't we?
Even if CX isn't there we can group and try to put something on, it's only plane tickets after all :)

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

I know from CX that SN can put something together, fixed prices, goodies .. all you have to do is ask the right person and CX knows who to ask Once everything is back to normal in Brussels and CX is back I'm sure he'll try something .. :) mayba a flight on the RJ100 before they leave
Citybird
The flying dream

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

A great idea!
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

There are other people here who know whom to contact at SN (or even at other airlines) ;)

But let the dust settle first, then we'll have ample time to try and arrange a nice day trip to show our support for the airport at the airlines who serve it.
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Aloha fellow luchtzakkers,

Great idea but I know from SN they are having bad and hard times...
We'll sure will organise a day trip, its long time ago the last one !
I'll think also of an AVRO, BMA could be a nice one...
But give it some time when the airport is back to normal,...

Also if someone knows a possibility to a JAF flight or so, also interesting maybe..

But I really think is... wait for some normal operations before trying to do so..
When things are looking positive I sure will do my part, if anyone else is willing trying..
I will join if I can for sure !

BTW Was waiting for TML-A330 trip in July..., request was sent before the attack...

Things won't go so easy these days, missed my first glider here today because of towing pilot went sick :/

Greetz to all!

CXB - from HNL :) ( Just USA with more pineapple really haha )
New types flown 2022.. A339