What is happening with Brussels Airlines?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
stefanel

What is happening with Brussels Airlines?

Post by stefanel »

Hello,
Friday at 5pm past, I got an email stating my flight from Malpesa to BRU was modified and the new schedule is ... 7 hours earlier !!! From 21:00 to 14:00 !!!
Actually, the flight is cancelled on Mondays (I did some research) and BrA simply put me on the mid-day flight.
Problem is that I am landing from Argentina after this new schedule. It is obvious that if people choose a late flight, it is not to be on a flight so early. I can imagine people having meetings etc.
The email is so unprofessional, no link to change/get a legal refund like Ryanair (so much more professional and customer-oriented), no email to contact anyone, no phone number.
So I called the 078 number is Belgium, that is expensive (let's not talk about the 0902!
I hold the line 1h on Friday, no one answered ! Same this weekend ! Can you imagine how much time I lost and nerves I felt I
This morning, the message changed and says "line saturated, call later" and it cuts.
So, basically there is no way to contact anyone...
Is this normal for a national carrier? What kind of customer service level is that? It's just shameful, a disgrace...
In 2016 I cannot believe their emails are "no reply" and contain no link to exchange or be refunded or any commercial procedure to get a compensation. Just a phone, yet no one picks up !

sn26567

Re: what is happening with Brussels Airlines ??? what a shame!

Post by sn26567 »

Try to contact them by Twitter (@flybrussels): they are usually more reactive, especially since a lot of people are reading it!
stefanel wrote:Actually, the flight is cancelled on Mondays (I did some research)

Are you sure of that? On which date are you flying? I can still find a lot of evening flights on Mondays, both in this winter's schedule and in next summer's schedule...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Are you even suppose to read your mail ?
This is not a registered mail with signature.

I would try to get the highest compensation by european law.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

Merci André,
at least on "my" Monday it's cancelled.
I'm not lucky then! I thought it was all Mondays. Why cancel just one Monday do you think?
I finally got someone cos I called the frequent flyer program since the other lines were disconnected. I got an efficient member of staff and I could exchange my ticket to Linate, not ideal for me... but she even offered a stop-over in Zurich so I could depart from Malpensa, which I really appreciated but considering I'm flying from Ushuaia, I will be dead and don't need two more flights !

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

sn26567 wrote:Try to contact them by Twitter (@flybrussels): they are usually more reactive, especially since a lot of people are reading it!
stefanel wrote:Actually, the flight is cancelled on Mondays (I did some research)

Are you sure of that? On which date are you flying? I can still find a lot of evening flights on Mondays, both in this winter's schedule and in next summer's schedule...
it's 7 March, dear.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

Acid-drop wrote:Are you even suppose to read your mail ?
This is not a registered mail with signature.

I would try to get the highest compensation by european law.
tell me more.
Each time I got a delay over 3h and wrote to the airline, I got no answer (ex. Estonian Airlines, which three years later got bankrupt) or a refusal to apply the European law (Aegean, Jetairfly etc.)
I contacted some European lawyer offering class action on line, but every time it failed because in the end, they said they could do nothing for me.
When I wrote the Belgian enforcement office, they answered and enquired but in the end, they said the airline refuses and there is nothing they can do!
I find it appalling these laws are not applied. There is such a lack of conformity and enforcement in Europe.
So, if you found the trick, please share your contacts :) Thanks

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I never did it. But cant you use your fire insurance covering your home to prepay all your cost and give you a lawer ? I did that under other circonstances.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

b720

Post by b720 »

It is true though, one can not talk to anyone at SN after office hours (CET).. This I never understood.
I had issues in the past, I got the famous recording: our offices are closed please call between so and so.. etc..
This is unacceptable for an airline. Even Senator services were closed!!!

Freken

Post by Freken »

Brussels Airlines have been facing some really long wait times for quite a while now. When sending a claim through their online form you have to wait nearly 8! weeks. Contacting them using Social Media seems to be a lot faster.

As for the expensive number, I used to call them on +3222006234, which is a regular landline number and doesn't have an extra fee.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

Freken wrote:Brussels Airlines have been facing some really long wait times for quite a while now. When sending a claim through their online form you have to wait nearly 8! weeks. Contacting them using Social Media seems to be a lot faster.

As for the expensive number, I used to call them on +3222006234, which is a regular landline number and doesn't have an extra fee.
I even called their number in the States and in Canada but no one answered !
But I am only talking about office hours (between 5-7 pm on Friday and this morning from 9).
There is also the 027232346 or something.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

Freken wrote:Brussels Airlines have been facing some really long wait times for quite a while now. When sending a claim through their online form you have to wait nearly 8! weeks. Contacting them using Social Media seems to be a lot faster.

But I am only talking about office hours (between 5-7 pm on Friday and this morning from 9).

Freken

Post by Freken »

stefanel wrote: But I am only talking about office hours (between 5-7 pm on Friday and this morning from 9).
I believe they mentioned on their Twitter recently that their Customer Service Centre would be open 24/7. Not to sure about that though. Contacting them on Twitter however seems to be your best bet.

SLM

Post by SLM »

This is already low cost service at the ground. :!:

b720

Post by b720 »

I went on SN website. Still could not find the numbers!!! let alone opening time... I have the numbers saved on my phone though, the 02 number.. I went on the Eurowings website, one click: CALL CENTER number
in BIG letters and BOLD.. Open every day. 24 hours... It is not a low cost thing, simply very bad service.
It is shameful that one can not contact the airline one is supposed to fly with.

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

That 's one of the reasons why I prefer to fly wherever possible LX, or if not possible: LH.
I got two issues on my flight this weekend to LAX with LX. I send an e-mail to their customer service. Less then 24hrs later everything nicely solved. If SN hopes to become an equal member in the LH-group, they should at least offer a good customer service. That does not mean with a lot of exposure, just correct and to the point actions. Maybe it is part of the Swiss mentality, but as a customer I really appreciate it. And they will be my favorite airline of choice even more. And with me a lot of customers out of BRU.
I used to fly SN frequently and as much as possible years ago, but not anymore unfortunately.
Rgds,
CRJ 900

b720

Post by b720 »

I fly LX as well whenever possible. It is my first choice, and level of service is indeed much superior to that of SN. SN is no different from Easyjet or other LCC, with the exception of its flights to the US and Africa.
lite fares (or whatever they re called today) include nothing, except for the seat. That is fine if the cost is EUR 69 return as they advertise. But I have paid on some occasions over 125 EUR per segment ( Approx. 250 EUR return to Geneva) on that fare. No Luggage, not even a glass of water.. That is a lot of money for the little one gets in return (except for flying from point A to B of course). Ground service is non existent, and as discussed above, do not even try to get an operator if something goes wrong over the weekend or past 19 hours. Bottom line is I do not think that much will change if they become eurowings, service might actually improve.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Nothing works in belgium, why would they be an exception ;)

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

I'm sorry to hear about your horrific experience, SN contact options suck indeed. One can only hope that it will become EW soon, and service will be on par with the current EW.

TheFlyingSultan

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

stefanel wrote:Hello,
Friday at 5pm past, I got an email stating my flight from Malpesa to BRU was modified and the new schedule is ... 7 hours earlier !!! From 21:00 to 14:00 !!!
Actually, the flight is cancelled on Mondays (I did some research) and BrA simply put me on the mid-day flight.
Problem is that I am landing from Argentina after this new schedule. It is obvious that if people choose a late flight, it is not to be on a flight so early. I can imagine people having meetings etc.
The email is so unprofessional, no link to change/get a legal refund like Ryanair (so much more professional and customer-oriented), no email to contact anyone, no phone number.
So I called the 078 number is Belgium, that is expensive (let's not talk about the 0902!
I hold the line 1h on Friday, no one answered ! Same this weekend ! Can you imagine how much time I lost and nerves I felt I
This morning, the message changed and says "line saturated, call later" and it cuts.
So, basically there is no way to contact anyone...
Is this normal for a national carrier? What kind of customer service level is that? It's just shameful, a disgrace...
In 2016 I cannot believe their emails are "no reply" and contain no link to exchange or be refunded or any commercial procedure to get a compensation. Just a phone, yet no one picks up !
I can understand your frustration, it is not pleasant to have your travel plans thrown into pieces.
However, there are a few things to consider before blaming it all on the airline in question.
Is your Argentina-MXP-BRU itineray on 1 ticket or did you separately purchase your MXP-BRU with SN? In the first case, you indeed should try to contact SN or the ticketing airline to rebook you. However if MXP-BRU is booked separately you have virtually no options but to book a new ticket that better suits your travel plans. SN did notice you in time about the changes on your flight so imho a compensation or rebooking will not be possible or your persuading skills should be very good :)

That said, you have every right to be upset about SN’s callcenter as it performs sub par, also in my experience. I once had a payment issue and that was dealt with very unprofessionally. I had to look up the number of SN headquarters in the yellow pages myself and call their financial department directly to rectify the issue. Try to send a message on FB, they usually respond within a reasonable amount of time.

Good luck in sorting it out,

TheFlyingSultan

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote:Are you even suppose to read your mail? This is not a registered mail with signature.
Yes and no. Yes because you have probably agreed that communication is done through email. No because sending an email is not proof that the email arrives at destination. The mail server could fail. A spam filter could block it. But trust the resa system registers the OK from the passenger.

The remark "an email is not a registered letter with signature" is a blooper, I assume.
Acid-drop wrote:I would try to get the highest compensation by european law.
The highest compensation here is: zero Euro. The change is done one month in advance, and European legislation 261/2004 only orders compensation if cancellation is done within two weeks before date.

However, EU 261/2004 allways gives passengers the right to cancel (with full refund) or to reroute. I read that Brussels Airlines has offered a good rerouting (through ZRH). So also there: complied to 261/2004.

The long waiting time on the telephone help desk is something else - don't know why that happened. My experience with Brussels Airlines is that they are allways very helpful.