Experiences on Turkish Airlines long haul?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
BRUflyer

Re: Experiences on Turkish Airlines long haul?

Post by BRUflyer »

Even though Turkey is not a part of the EU, in their efforts to become a member they've adapted a lot of EU laws, including EC261/04. I have been refunded for a heavily delayed flight before. Also the rebooking options should be the same as for EU carriers. But I don't know how snow would be treated under EC261/04

Stij

Post by Stij »

BRUflyer wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 13:20 Even though Turkey is not a part of the EU, in their efforts to become a member they've adapted a lot of EU laws, including EC261/04. I have been refunded for a heavily delayed flight before. Also the rebooking options should be the same as for EU carriers. But I don't know how snow would be treated under EC261/04
Aha, I didn't know that! They didn't mention it for sure.

I think snow is weather related, so no compensation, but they should have taken care of us and offered a hotel (I would have refused it any way...)

But good to know for the future...

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 13:55I think snow is weather related, so no compensation, but they should have taken care of us and offered a hotel (I would have refused it any way...)
Did they pay for meals as well? Anyway, you got five days of additional vacation at TK's expense. Always good to take :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Post by Stij »

sn26567 wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 14:10 Did they pay for meals as well? Anyway, you got five days of additional vacation at TK's expense. Always good to take :)
No André, they offered or paid us nothing.

The house were we were staying was still rented those 5 days, so even if they would have offered us a hotel, I would have refused it. Money for the supermarket and rental car would have been nice though! ;-)

Kind regards,

Stij