Equipment request LGG-ALC-AGP-LGG, followed by trip report

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Stij

Equipment request LGG-ALC-AGP-LGG, followed by trip report

Post by Stij »

Good morning,

Next weekend I fly with my family to Alicante on JAF from... Liège (a first for me!!!!).

Does anybody know what equipment to expect?

Friday 24/04/2015
15:00 Liège
17:45 Alicante
Flight JAF5893

Monday 27/04/2015
16:50 Alicante
22:05 Liège (via Malaga)
Flight JAF1302

Thank-you!

Kind regards,

Stij

an-148

Re: Equipment request LGG-ALC-AGP-LGG

Post by an-148 »

B 737-800 ;-)

hartelijk welkom in onze mooie luchthaven ;-) ;-)

Stij

Post by Stij »

Thanx! ;-)

Eh bien, je suis curieux! :-)

Cheers,

Stij

an-148

Post by an-148 »

;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

On 17/04 TB5893 was a 737-700 (OO-JAO), and it was on time :)
On 20/04 TB1302 was a 737-700 (OO-JAO), and it was about two hours late :(
André
ex Sabena #26567

an-148

Post by an-148 »

sn26567 wrote:On 17/04 TB5893 was a 737-700 (OO-JAO), and it was on time :)
On 20/04 TB1302 was a 737-700 (OO-JAO), and it was about two hours late :(
OK ! 737-700 than :-)

JamesD

Post by JamesD »

OO-JAO is still scheduled for your flights on 24/04 and 27/04 but as always subjected to change...

Stij

Post by Stij »

sn26567 wrote:On 20/04 TB1302 was a 737-700 (OO-JAO), and it was about two hours late :(
As I travel with two kids (1 and 2 years old) I hope I'm more lucky! ;-)

Cheers,

Stij

Stij

Post by Stij »

JamesD wrote:OO-JAO is still scheduled for your flights on 24/04 and 27/04 but as always subjected to change...
Thank-you!

I'll let you know!

Cheers,

Stij

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Let's hope you speak some chineese :)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Ni hao Acid-drop!

and that's about it! ;-)

But why? There's a departure to CN the 23rd, the 25 and the 28th, but not the 24th nor the 27th...

Don't tell me they connect to JAF's flights?

Cheers,

Stij

an-148

Post by an-148 »

Acid-drop wrote:Let's hope you speak some chineese :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stij

Trip report: LGG-ALC-AGP-LGG with JAF

Post by Stij »

Good morning,

To celebrate my son’s first birthday we visited his godmother in Murcia! Jetairfly out of LGG was chosen because of the combination of acceptable kiddy schedule, no Brussels ringroad traffic jams (CRL and OST) and price (around 160€/pax including luggage, no meals). On top of that: LGG was the last “major” Belgian airport I had never flown from.

Flight: JAF5893
Date : 24 APR 2015
Aircraft: B737-700 OO-JAO
From-To: Liège Alicante (LGG-ALC)
Seat: 23C
Scheduled Time of Departure: 15:00 (GMT + 1)
Scheduled Time of Arrival: 17:45 (GMT + 1)
Scheduled Duration of the flight: 2:45

We arrived 2 hours before take-off at the airport and, indeed An-148, a warm welcome: some airco would be nice! ;-)

3 check-in counters were open: one for VIP selection and online check-in and the other two for the others. As I didn’t have the time the day before nor the day itself to check-in online, we queued in the other two lines. A supplier of mine was by coincidence on the same flight and just ahead of me. He had checked in line, tried the line and was send back, don’t know why… anyway, check-in agent was friendly, labelled all our bags, buggy pieces and hand bags: we’re on our way!

After check-in we decided to go straight thru security as when travelling with 2 kids (of which the youngest has a medical condition with a monitor, medication and special food) isn’t… easy. The line wasn’t long and the security check was thorough but very friendly and helpful, always appreciated.

We took the elevator upstairs to find… nothing… no store, no bar, just a couple of almost empty vending machines. This was a major miscalculation as my wife and I had worked until 12:00, picked up the kids and rushed to LGG without lunch. Those of you who have travelled with a lady know what my wife’s face looked like: major turbulence due to thunderstorms in the area. I managed to buy what was left: 2 balistos and some sprite and promised we could buy something on board right after take-off. In defence: they were rebuilding stuff on the departure level, maybe this was the reason, or maybe services will be expanded. Adnd a bit later they were refilling them… a bit late…

Boarding was announced (no preboarding) and we walked to the aircraft, disassembled the buggy (to note I forgot to ask to label it “at aircraft door”: second mistake) and walked on board to be friendly welcomed by one of the cabin attendants.

After a punctual take-off I bought half the menu for my wife and myself: the chicken wrap, the tuna sandwich, the tapas box, a waffle, two orange juices and a white wine for just over 20€: no rip-off and tasty, especially the tapas box.

After a smooooth flight, well, smooth considering the kids, we arrived punctual at ALC, and by the time we deplaned and accomplished the obligatory visit to the baby room our bags and buggy were waiting on the belt.

In short, well done JAF!

Not aviation related but what is it these days with car rental agencies: after FR finally dropped most of the “add-on sales”- policies: the car rental agencies have started it: extra insurance (whereas the rate was all in), upgrades, then he same upgrades for less, then the bring-the-car-empty-back-rip-off, then the navigation system… she just wouldn’t stop! After dodging all of them we took our car for the one hour drive to Murcia where my son’s Godmother was overwhelmed with joy to see him: money well spent!

Flight: JAF1302
Date : 27 APR 2015
Aircraft: Alicante Malaga Liège B737-700 OO-JAO
From-To: (ALC-AGP-LGG)
Seat: 22C
Scheduled/Effective Time of Departure: 16:50/16:40 (GMT + 1)
Scheduled/Effective Time of Arrival: 22:05/21:15 (GMT + 1)
Scheduled/Effective Duration of the flight: 5:15/4:25 including the stop in Malaga

Again we arrived 2 hours upfront at the airport. There were two check in agents, no special VIP Selection line. Just one couple ahead of us, so we checked in very swiftly. On to security… which was a bit rude and pushy. And after security we noted our son was missing a sock, so my wife went back, found it at check-in, and went back thru the check-in.

My wife then made some last minute shopping and then it was time to board… but where was our 4th hand luggage? This time it was my turn to run thru the airport… to find it at security… where it must have been sitting alone for half an hour… “All bags left alone will be removed and destroyed”, remember… but we were lucky. Boarding attempt 2: our daughters kids ID missing: another run thru the airport, but this time, no result (we still had it at check-in). anyhow, luckily we were allowed to board! Pfeeeeewwwwww!!! @Sean, no bashing, but what would FR have done? At the plane I noted I forgot again to ask to label it “at aircraft door”…. 3 strikes: you’re out! ;-)

All right, we made it on board and because our seats were still taken by pax for AGP, we settled on the last row, to be welcomed by the most wonderful child friendly patient crew I ever experienced in my life! The way they entertained our kids, walked round and were wonderful with them… and us…. Incredible!

After a short flight and a bumpy approach we landed in AGP where we took our final seats to fly the final leg into LGG. Sandwiches were sold out and we had to go for the chips (crisps for Luchtzak members of the big Island), but who cared! Kids happy, we happy.

We touched down 50 minutes early and half an hour later we were deplaned (we were parked next to the Russian A330 (Tech? Scheduled?)), got our bags and were on the road again.

Best flight with kids ever!

Conclusion: LGG is ideal for flying with kids… if they open… something… behind security… Apart from that: don’t grow, please, keep distances short.

And Jetairfly: you exceeded my families expectations, especially on the return flight: you’ve proved to be a real family holiday carrier that cares for kids and their parents. Thank-you!

I’ll mail Jetairfly a recommendation for this crew, that’s a promise.

Adios,

Stij

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

We took the elevator upstairs to find… nothing… no store, no bar, just a couple of almost empty vending machines. This was a major miscalculation as my wife and I had worked until 12:00, picked up the kids and rushed to LGG without lunch. Those of you who have travelled with a lady know what my wife’s face looked like: major turbulence due to thunderstorms in the area. I managed to buy what was left: 2 balistos and some sprite and promised we could buy something on board right after take-off. In defence: they were rebuilding stuff on the departure level, maybe this was the reason, or maybe services will be expanded. Adnd a bit later they were refilling them… a bit late…
Very sad to hear that ... they are actually working on increasing the size (doubling) of the shops for the chineese ... but they should at least have something !
The work was planned to last for 5 days, 24/7. Could it be that you had just the bad luck to be in that window ?

VlyVLM starts tomorrow with 30 flights per week and BMI to munich is already started so I hope they have some quality stores now !
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Acid-drop wrote:
Very sad to hear that ... they are actually working on increasing the size (doubling) of the shops for the chineese ... but they should at least have something !
The work was planned to last for 5 days, 24/7. Could it be that you had just the bad luck to be in that window ?
Hi Acid-drop,

Could be, I don't know, there was no information panel (or I did't see it, kids you know...).

But it was the only negative point for LGG, all the rest was excellent. I'll fly back from there!

Cheers,

Stij

an-148

Post by an-148 »

"indeed An-148, a warm welcome: some airco would be nice! ;-)"

:-)

sn26567

Re: Equipment request LGG-ALC-AGP-LGG, followed by trip report

Post by sn26567 »

Hi Stij,

Glad you had nice flights, especially with kids: I know how bad it can be if they don't behave of if the crew are disinterested in them.

I change the reg of your first flight from OO-JOA to OO-JAO and I added the reg OO-JAO to your second flight (it seems that LGG always gets OO-JAO from Jetairfly)
André
ex Sabena #26567

TheFlyingSultan

Re: Equipment request LGG-ALC-AGP-LGG, followed by trip report

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

Hey Stij,

Good to hear you had an enjoyable journey with Jetairfly. Indeed, travelling with kids is not always an easy task but I'm glad you managed well :) I'm sure Jetairfly know how to cope with kids since I can imagine that have plenty of them on their holiday flights.
I'm traveling on Jetairfly too, tomorrow as a matter of fact from ANR to MXP. Time to check out their new Antwerp operations with the Embraer, looking fwd to that.

TheFlyingSultan