Aeroflot connecting Through SVO

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Mirror

Aeroflot connecting Through SVO

Post by Mirror »

Hello,

I am wondering anyone has flown with SU through SVO.
How did your conenction go, did you have to enter Russia and check in again ?

Thanks è
Mirror

quixoticguide

Re: Aeroflot connecting Through SVO

Post by quixoticguide »

Good news Russia's flagship airline Aeroflot is expected to increase revenues by 30 billion rubles ($936 million) after the 72-hour visa-free stay policy for foreign tourists is introduced in the country, the Ministry of Culture said Sunday.

The draft legislation to allow foreign nationals in transit at 11 Russian airports to remain in the country for 72 hours without visas was approved by the Russian government in September.

Visitors from 20 countries, including the United States, China and major EU states, will enjoy the policy on condition that they buy an air ticket of a Russian airline, an explanatory note for the legislation, drafted by the ministry, says.

Experts believe that the measure will increase foreign tourist arrivals by 60 percent, according to the document posted Sunday on the Russian government portal regulation.gov.ru.

According to estimates, the Russian hotel industry will see its income rise 3.6 billion to 5.4 billion rubles ($110-160 million) a year.

Last year, only 2.1 million foreign nationals visited Russia as tourists.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Landed and Take-off from SVO in Easter this year !
SVO is a very nice terminal, very friendly people, good connection with downtown by train to Bellarussia station !
Great milkshake,free wifi,clean,nice vieuws of A330/A32S/SSJ100 and Il96..

Didn't fly SU nor connections... but really not that russian I had tought at first !
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

quixoticguide wrote:Visitors from 20 countries, including the United States, China and major EU states, will enjoy the policy on condition that they buy an air ticket of a Russian airline.
That's a gross and unacceptable discrimination. If it were in the EU, this legislation would have been repelled.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

cathay belgium wrote:SVO is a very nice terminal, very friendly people, good connection with downtown by train to Bellarussia station !
Great milkshake,free wifi,clean,nice vieuws of A330/A32S/SSJ100 and Il96..
I have been in SVO in the 1980s. Disastrous dark terminal, the most unfriendly people I've ever seen in my life, very long passport and visa control with mirrors all around you and check of the colour of the eyes, shape of the face, height, etc. The only good connection to the city was the Intourist taxi with a driver from the Party. No WiFi (free or not), views on outdated Tu134s, An24s, Il18s and Il62s, and if you were lucky a more modern Tu154.
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Passportcontrol very quick just five (!) minutes ( USA look at this :) )!
I noticed russians can be very friendly,just if they are at work they can be grumpy,but not at customs... what was quite shocking as I expected the worst..
But here at the antwerp consulate for your visa ... they are still in sovjet times ( except when you take a little child with you that a day/night experience I must say..
You see... sovjet times are long gone ! ( they moved to the other side of the ocean LOL )

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

SpottairBRU

Post by SpottairBRU »

sn26567 wrote:views on outdated Tu134s, An24s, Il18s and Il62s, and if you were lucky a more modern Tu154.
seems a spotter paradise to me :D
sn26567 wrote:I have been in SVO in the 1980s. (...) No WiFi (free or not)
What, no WI-FI in the '80s? :lol: (sorry, couldn't resist)
Fabien
Flown: AA5 / A300-310-318-319-320-321-330-340-380 / ATR42 / B717-737-747-757-777 / Bae146 / C130H / CRJ700-900 / Dash8-Q400 / E145-195 / Fokker 50 / HS748 / MD81 / RJ85-100 / Robin DR400

b-west

Post by b-west »

I've transited through SVO a number of times now. You don't need a visa to transit but your passport and boarding pass will be checked before you're allowed into the terminal. If you don't have a boarding pass yet, you will normally get one at the Aeroflot desk just before the passport control. You will then still need to clear security. The process usually is pretty quick and used to take place in a cramped area which could be a bit unpleasant. But the last few times I went there, it would appear the Brussels flights have changed terminals and now arrive/depart from a new and more spacious part of the airport (I think terminal E iso F).

Once in the terminal there are tons of expensive tax fee stores, all offering more or less the same stuff. There are also a few western food outlets like Burger King and TGI Fridays.

And pretty much the only Russian built planes you get to spot nowadays are SU's SSJ100 & IL-96

b-west

Post by b-west »

Just noticed I replied to a thread started in August... Oh well :D Maybe the OP can confirm if my post was correct ;)