jumpseat brussels airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
captaincarl

jumpseat brussels airlines

Post by captaincarl »

hello,
I am 16 years old and it is my dream to become a commercial pilot. Therefore I would like to have the experience of being on a jumpseat preferably of a brussels airlines flights from and to BRU. Are there any brussels airlines pilots, or people who can help me with this?

Thanks

CTBke

Re: jumpseat brussels airlines

Post by CTBke »

This is not longer allowed unless you are crew or crew in training... only thing you can do is visit the cockpit before or after the flight.
Citybird
The flying dream

AvroRider

Post by AvroRider »

It is allowed. It's only on Captain's discretion. The only way to do so is to know personally a Captain or a First Officer. Or have luck and have a nice cockpit crew when you travel with Brussels Airlines.

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

If you don't ask you won't get it.

BTW: This is in a Kuwait Airways A300 :)

Last edited by quixoticguide on 24 Dec 2012, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

There are some small airlines who allow a passenger to sit next to the pilot. In most cases that airplane will be a Britten-Norman Islander. You can try for example an airline called "Directflight" in the Shetlands, but I am sure there are more around.

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

Luck is what you need. Always be kind and always ask! I once ended up on a jumpseat in the cockpit of an A340-600 of South African Airways from CPT to JNB (and I even didn't ask for it in fact, it was offered to me after a chat with the ramp agent as he knew I'm an aviation enthusiast). An amazing experience. At SN I already had a very kind cockpit crew who allowed my in the cockpit in flight etc. You can't do anything wrong with asking, and explain your situation. ;)

hvs89

Post by hvs89 »

captaincarl wrote:I am 16 years old
It's a very good advantage for getting a jumpseat!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Maybe you can send them an email and try to pre-arrange something? You're lucky that in Belgium the rules are not so strict as in most european countries, so you might have a chance. Good luck! ;)

captaincarl

Post by captaincarl »

Tank you all for your advices.
@sean1982: A mail to THE company? Or a specific department?