Gluing flights together?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
liebensd

Gluing flights together?

Post by liebensd »

Hello,

In December I will make a quite big trip. On leg of the trip is Houston-Amsterdam-Singapore wit United-Singapore airlines. This flight is split on 2 different tickets. Is there a possibillity to glue the together so that I don't need to the full: passport control-baggage claim, check-in , passport control thing in Amsterdam?

Regards,

Dave

Sam V

Re: Gluing flights together?

Post by Sam V »

Last edited by Sam V on 23 Aug 2014, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Dave, why did you buy 2 separate tickets? Airmiles ? Booking 1 trip Houston - Singapore in 1 ticket would save you a lot of hassle. You could have taken Emirates, and cheap too!

For now I don't think there is anything you can do, with your 2 separate tickets.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

andorra-airport wrote:Dave, why did you buy 2 separate tickets? Airmiles ? Booking 1 trip Houston - Singapore in 1 ticket would save you a lot of hassle. You could have taken Emirates, and cheap too!

For now I don't think there is anything you can do, with your 2 separate tickets.
A single ticked would have costed 3 times more than both current tickets.

Sam V wrote:Why not the SQ flight houston-moscow-singapore
no hassle?

check with United in houston they might be able to check you thru depnding on rules and regulations of the airlines/airport
For some reason it was not possible to combine everything in one ticket. Probably because it are more than 10 flights. I tried but every booking engine went crazy in lay over times or in price.

Anyway, I will be able to stretch my legs in AMS :D

Regards,

Dave