The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Flanker2

Re: The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by Flanker2 »

20% off is what we go for nowadays? Ah how I miss those Ryanair 1 euro fares of 10 years ago.
Nowadays it's hard to find both a decent schedule and fares below 50 euro's one-way, as I was afraid would happen with FR's "new strategy". They are destroying their business model.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

I so agree with you... I really miss the one cent fares I used a lot back then... FR is still much cheaper than Vueling ex-BRU but comparing to what I was paying some years ago...

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

Here are two great links for amazing fares (sorry if they were posted before)
www.flynous.com (EN)
www.vakantiepiraten.nl (NL)
I booked many long-haul flights thanks to those websites!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Air Malta spring sale.
For 24 hours today 30 March 2015 : from 44 euros one way, travel until June.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TODAY ONLY! Fly from Munich to Liege from €69 one way! Book at http://bmiregional.com before midnight!
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

sn26567 wrote:TODAY ONLY! Fly from Munich to Liege from €69 one way! Book at http://bmiregional.com before midnight!
Isn't that their regular fares ? Tried with random dates yesterday and today and got the exact same result.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Flanker2 wrote:Ah how I miss those Ryanair 1 euro fares of 10 years ago.
Two days ago Ryanair was offering LTN-CPH for 1£. I know, it's a little more than 1€, but still...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

TK is offering 360 Euro (49000 JPY) returns BRU-TYO from October onwards, in V-class 25% miles.
Bookable only on expedia.co.jp (choose English), minimum stay 6 days between departure and return departure date.

Definitely a Superfare at 3 eurocents per mile or 2 euro's per 100 km. You can't beat that even with a bicycle.

I can not recommend this carrier, neither for safety or comfort.
However as we and others risk our lives daily for much less than the savings of this ticket (sometimes just to make a stupid point), I still think that it's worth the consideration.

If you choose to take advantage of the above offer, make sure you know the following first:

Only their A321's and B739ER's have PTV's. Those long connecting flights BRU-IST are really boring without PTV. Wear a hazmat suit if you can as hygiene is rather poor, but I noticed this sometimes even at JL who commands twice TK's fares, and almost everytime on FR, so I guess that it's a general recommendation for any flights.

Also pack enough entertainment because IST is a boring place to connect at. No free wifi, and the place looks sterile. Not the trendy kind of sterile, more like a cheap sterile. Bad lighting and bad air conditioning.
I once had to catch my breath as I sensed I was becoming hypoxic, owing to over-consumed, trapped air that wasn't properly cycled. I'm a guy who can run 2 hours non-stop at sustained speeds, so that should serve as reference.
Toilets are equipped with cheap washing closets that have a broken lid or no lid, with the surrounding floors flooded with... well you know...
If you're taking a nap on the chairs at 5am while waiting for your connecting early morning flight back to BRU, the IST cleaning staff will make sure you move at any cost so they can clean that 1 square meter of floor space that you occupy.
Make sure you don't get killed by staff flying like ghosts on their Segways, they think that they look smart on those things but they are idiots and they can kill you if you don't pay attention.
Basically, cheap cheap cheap. Thirld world cheap.

My last A321 IST-BRU was on an A321 with PTV, but the PTV didn't work properly...
Don't be fooled by Lionel and Kobe, just keep in mind that you get what you pay for, and at 360 Euro's you pay for a seat on modern aircraft operated by a IMHO thirld world airline with a connection at a thirld world airport.

My last several flights were not too unpleasant as several FA's were really accomodating, but still unpleasant overall. The transportation part worked fine, even though I routinely felt unsafe, and judging by the screams as the pilot applied full rudder during one of the unnecessarily spectacular landings, I wasn't the only one.
I've sworn I would never fly them again, but I'm considering them again because at the end of the day it's just a seat on an effing metal can and I don't need a direct flight for all my trips.

You know all you need to know, so now decide for yourself whether or not to take advantage of this offer.

convair

Post by convair »

Their Business lounge at IST is gorgeous though...I know it's besides the point but TK often offers attractive Business Class fares to Asia.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

convair wrote:Their Business lounge at IST is gorgeous though....
AND, its access is via a dedicated and smooth processing of passport control and security. A real Fast Lane !

H.A.

BRU

Post by BRU »

Flew them to Asia both in economy and business several times, never any complaints or regrets on quality, service, safety, ...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Flown TK to KUL... best service in years,... beats BA and LH ...
I regret to say this but it was...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Flown TK to KUL... best service in years,... beats BA and LH ...
I regret to say this but it was...
Poor Cathay, if that is the best service in years...

I think that overall, I would even give AZ a better rating than TK, as leaving aside a single rude male F/A, the abuse of the seat belt sign, long lag until onboard service starts, constant chatting of F/A's, constant gate changes, outdated IFE and the petite quantity of food, I never felt unsafe aboard AZ's flights. In fact, I've had my best landings ever with AZ as their pilots are kiss landing experts. The kiss landings are truly a company culture.

LH I wouldn't know, as they are on my personal blacklist.
BA I've only flown shorthaul recently and the service was good, the cabin clean, LHR a mess as usual.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Flanker2 wrote:In fact, I've had my best landings ever with AZ as their pilots are kiss landing experts. The kiss landings are truly a company culture.
Spoken like a true passenger. From a professional point of view, "kiss landings" are totally against what Boeing and Airbus recommend, especially on wet and contaminated runways

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

LOL , thats a nice one... but we are passengers in the end ;)
Avgeeks do like turbulence,go arounds and hard landings ;)
Different opinions of different people,...

And now post here some superfares please so bring us pax back in the air ;)

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

cathay belgium wrote: Avgeeks do like turbulence,go arounds and hard landings
... and there are much too few of them !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Avgeeks also desperately want to be in a plane crash and live to tell the story...

All kidding aside, it's not only avgeeks here and not only TK-fans, so a fair warning was in its place.

There are also other factors at play BTW that I should add. The fares are for 4 months from now and ISIS is at the borders with Turkey, itself in a rather fragile position of forming a new government.

If ISIS enters Turkey, it's going to be full-out war.
While Istanbul will be sheltered from the front at first, IST will become a potential target for ISIS attacks.

The fact that I posted the fare should provide significant proof that I'm being impartial.

Officials have named the three young assailants — who were subsequently caught — as Muhammed Zekjiri, said to be from Macedonia, Benjamin Xu, who is originally from Germany but said to be an Albanian citizen, and Cendrim Ramadani, a Swiss citizen who reportedly originates from Kosovo.

What makes the incident doubly worrying for security officials and ordinary citizens is that the three ISIS militants — who reportedly entered Turkey from Hatay province, which borders Syria — were said to be heading for Istanbul, Turkey’s financial capital and most densely populated metropolis.

Had their car not been stopped at the checkpoint in Nigde province, where they eventually staged their deadly attack with AK-47 assault rifles and hand grenades, the death toll could have been much higher and could have included a large number of innocent civilians, according to Interior Ministry sources.

Recent media reports — citing intelligence sources and claiming that an ISIS team comprising 20 militants had entered Turkey to carry out suicide attacks in Ankara and Istanbul as well as in Hatay province — have merely increased public concerns.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ru/orig ... z3dxwWBl73

TheFlyingSultan

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

LAN has a business class sale now for the most popular of European 5th freedom routes, MAD FRA. Yes, that's business class indeed!
Oneway is available for € 88.
Booking before Jun 29th, flying before Aug 30th.

TheFlyTheFlyingSultan

Reg E S Potter

Post by Reg E S Potter »

Just want to thank TFS for the heads up on this fare.

After a quick consultation with Mrs Potter I was on the LAN site Friday morning. Just back from my trip (sending this from the InterCity Hotel at FRA) after spending 4 nights in Madrid. LAN provided a very good experience - full lie-flat seats and lounge access - for an incredible price. There were quite a few first on the trip: for my wife first time in Business Class (that may cost me dear in the future!) For me first time in a 787, first trip with a South American airline and first visit to Madrid.

Thanks again for letting us know about the deal (Hotel near Barajas airport cost me more than our flights)

Reg

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Great fare indeed.

ANA is offering the launch fares on the direct route BRU-NRT for 498 Euro's return in Y!
I've had trouble booking this on the ANA Skyweb Benelux website for some reason. I get the error message just before the payment page, but will keep trying and otherwise book through Expedia.