The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
SabenaForever

Re: The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by SabenaForever »

Error fare: business class BRU to CPT with Ethiopian for 514 euro!!! These fares are bookable for the whole year...

http://www.secretflying.com/2016/01/err ... 14-return/

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

BRU-Tokyo-BRU for 330 Euro's throughout 2016. Search fares on momondo.be and pick an online travel agency.
Seems to be a promotional fare.

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

Just booked a flight from Brussels to Tokyo with Qatar Airways for 373€. A lot of promo fares until 17/1 it seems
Flown: A319 / 320 / 321 / 350 - B737 / 757 / 767 / 777 / 787 - MD11 - Fokker 50 - Fairchild SA-227

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I booked one as well at 331€ for September. I'm going to give QR a try despite the dreaded 9-abreast B788.
The lowest fare I could find is 319€ but the schedule is not convenient for me.

Search on skyscanner.it or skyscanner.be or momondo.be/momondo.ie then choose budgetair as OTA. Direct on Budgetair doesn't give you the steepest discount, you need to be forwarded for additional discount to be applied.
Check the payment method on which the discount is offered and make sure they don't apply a service fee.
Be aware also of Budgetair's restrictive change and cancellation policies.

These fares are lower than the operating cost to the airline, so enjoy while the promotion lasts (tomorrow is the last day).

Also many other destinations worldwide available, including Africa, Asia.
The blackout period seems to be July/Mid-August for most destinations.

You can book all the way to the end of 2016.

Little mileage earning though.
Be aware that there is also a 22:45 HND arrival offered. Public transportation stops after midnight, and a taxi to downtown will cost you a lot of money. With a foreign passport, you can get on the Narita Express at a discount.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I flew them on 4 longhaul trips in 2015, to Tokyo.

In general, I have found a dubious safety environment, including incidents and state of the cabin (in a way that iso only noticeable to someone who works in aviation), and unnecessarily unstable landings.

On BRU-IST connecting sectors, IFE is only on widebodies and A321. If you have the bad luck of being on a B737, you are going to get bored. In addition, even on the A321 it's a reduced program and it got stuck quite often on my seat (others seemed fine). On the longhaul sectors the program is quite good.

Cabin crew generally uninterested and invisible. They don't come around looking if everything is fine or with trays of drinks. If you missed your meal because you were asleep, they probably will offer you a snack instead of warming your meal. On JL, cabin crew would put a visible sticker on your seat offering to call them when you wake up. This all is in economy cabin of course.

Meals are ok, the quantity and quality is not spectacular. The orange juice looks fresh pressed but it's dilluted.

Cabin hygiene is not so good.

IST is as said by others a very sterile airport. No free wifi connection.
The only good way to spend time is in the TK lounge.
Also, Istanbul is also a ISIS target area.

If it's dirt cheap ok, otherwise I avoid.
But I'm booked on them for 3 longhaul returns this year because they are dirt cheap.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I'm going to give QR a try despite the dreaded 9-abreast B788.
Well I found it much better than the 10-abreast B777 of EK for example. It's 17.2 vs 17" but the feeling is different.
the 787 feel so much more modern, quiet and stable. I had a very good impression.
DOH is also a great airport, brand new and looks completely empty all the time ;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Very low fares at Ryanair in February an d March! Just 1 euro one way!! Just booked me a return flight from BRU to SXF for 2 euro! Maybe more destinations are possible...

Edit: out of BRU it just looks like Berlin only

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Eurowings offers Cologne to Boston return in July/August for €250.
André
ex Sabena #26567

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

BRU-LHR with SN for only 37 euro that's cheap!
And cheaper then the Eurostar.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

b-west

Post by b-west »

quixoticguide wrote:BRU-LHR with SN for only 37 euro that's cheap!
Just when I booked Eurostar yesterday... (but for 39 single trip I am still ok)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

b-west wrote:
quixoticguide wrote:BRU-LHR with SN for only 37 euro that's cheap!
Just when I booked Eurostar yesterday... (but for 39 single trip I am still ok)
And if you want to be downtown, the Eurostar is much better: the Heathrow Express train costs gold!
André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

sn26567 wrote: And if you want to be downtown, the Eurostar is much better: the Heathrow Express train costs gold!
I've got my oyster card, so I usually take the tube into town. However, last time I was there, the normal train service to LHR wasn't operating anymore and the Heathrow express could be taken at a reduced rate. Win!

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Adelaide from £369 Flight Sale:
Offer valid with Qatar Airways from Birmingham to Adelaide via Doha return. Other regional departures available London Heathrow from £399, Manchester from £379 and Edinburgh from £375. Valid for departure on Monday 02May16 only. Subject to availability of return flight. Stopovers in Doha not permitted. Maximum Stay 6 months. Offer valid for sale Friday 29Apr16 only.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Only today from 13.00 to 18.00, airberlin offers 125€ fares to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Bangkok

https://www.airberlin.com/de/site/landi ... rsunday_DE
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

BRU-BKK-AKL return on TG for 574€ in december (possible other months, few dates available). Bookable directly on Thai's website...

PttU

Post by PttU »

airtrainer wrote:BRU-BKK-AKL return on TG for 574€ in december (possible other months, few dates available). Bookable directly on Thai's website...
Or about 408€ from London: http://www.secretflying.com/2016/08/ins ... roundtrip/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

One year after introducing one-way fares of 39€, Brussels Airlines now offer 25% discount on such fares: they are available at 29€ until 12 September to some destinations: BCN, OSL, OPO, MXP, MAD, LIS, VCE, WAW, ...
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

sn26567 wrote:One year after introducing one-way fares of 39€, Brussels Airlines now offer 25% discount on such fares: they are available at 29€ until 12 September to some destinations: BCN, OSL, OPO, MXP, MAD, LIS, VCE, WAW, ...
That is VERY interesting!!!

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Launch fares are now available on Brussels Airlines new Brussels - Mumbai route :

Best regards,

Airbuske

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

airbuske wrote:Launch fares are now available on Brussels Airlines new Brussels - Mumbai route :

Emirates immediately counteracted this offer today !
Brussels- Mumbai for 384 euro (till may).
http://www.secretflying.com/2016/brusse ... roundtrip/