The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airbuske

Re: The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by airbuske »

airbuske wrote:
Acid-drop wrote:Discovered some very weird things ... and understood how qatar manage to fill their 787 (at least 80% are connecting pax) :
A flight BRU-DOH = 900€
but if the same flight continues anywhere after doha, suddenly the price drops to around 500€.
Example : BRU-CMB (Colombo) for 542€
Or BRU-BKK for around 575€

What happens if I book a flight to BKK and only use the Doha leg ?
What a joke this ....
If you book a return flight BRU - DOH - BKK - DOH - BRU and you take only the leg BRU-DOH
than your return will be cancelled as you were no show on the DOH-BKK leg.
So if you book a one way BRU-DOH-BKK it will cost you € 473 euros.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

well it's a shame. They inflate artifially the prices when going to doha as final destination ...
(but they also give pretty cheap connection, war between gulf airlines probably ...)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

It's not a joke and a shame neither. You falsely assume that pricing is solely based on carrier costs, in which case you'd be right. But it's based on value for the passenger as well. As there's a direct flight to BKK which is quicker and thus more comfortable, QR has to undercut that price to be competitive. To DOH it's the other way around, QR has the only direct flight so they can ask more than the connecting options. Simply put: passengers with a direct flight are to make a profit, while connecting passengers fill the plane. It totally makes sense from an economical perspective.

By your logic every airliner offering connections would be bankrupt by now; they have to undercut the direct options with their connecting flights and then charge even less then that for their own direct flights.

Sometimes it can even be cheaper to fly to another airport to get a flight with a transfer via your home airport. AMS-FRA-AMS-JFK i.e. with AMS-FRA on U2 and the rest on KL can be cheaper than just AMS-JFK on KL. You can use Skiplagged to exploit this (and get off the plane half-way), only works one-way and without checked luggage though.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It's the same on all the Gulfies!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Not only G3.
Travel agencies in Matonge offer minivan transfer to CDG as CDG-BRu-FIH is cheaper than BRU-FIH.
Many Dutch people travel to Antwerp or Düsseldorf to start their KLM trip as it is a lot cheaper than starting in Amsterdam.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Indeed i once did DUS-AMS-GIG to get a better price... but that was 20% better max.
At 900euro, a flight to doha is a good 100% more expensive :)
When one could fly to dubai for around 500 euro, or even 360 euro with qatar (but 8h connection), it was a surprise to me...
But yeah...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (20 Nov) launched a Big Freeze winter sale, with up to 20% off selected flights on all routes across its entire European network, for travel in December, January and February.These Big Freeze seat sale fares are available for booking from 13:00hrs today until midnight (24:00hrs) Monday, 23rd November and can only be found on the Ryanair.com website. - See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... UpMLC.dpuf
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote:It's the same on all the Gulfies!
Poiu wrote:Not only G3.
Travel agencies in Matonge offer minivan transfer to CDG as CDG-BRu-FIH is cheaper than BRU-FIH.
Many Dutch people travel to Antwerp or Düsseldorf to start their KLM trip as it is a lot cheaper than starting in Amsterdam.
Many airlines do it. A few years ago, a french friend traveled from Paris to YUL, but booked from Brussels (South train station) via CDG on AF. The gain was more than 1000 euros for a return trip in Business class on Air France, even taking into account the cost of his Thalys ticket from Paris-North to Brussels-South.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

RYANAIR LAUNCHES €5 WINTER SALE

100,000 SEATS FOR €5

Ryanair today (23 Nov) launched a winter seat sale, releasing seats for just €5 across over 250 routes, for travel in December.

These €5 fares are available for booking on http://www.ryanair.com until 24:00hrs Wednesday, 25th November and include 31 routes to/from Belgium.

Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said:

Winter is here and to mark the start of the festive season, we’ve launched a €5 seat sale, with 100,000 seats available for just €5 across 250 routes, for travel in December.

These fares are on sale now until 24:00hrs Wednesday, 25th November and at these crazy low fares, seats are sure to be snapped up quickly, so we urge customers to book a December break on http://www.ryanair.com before they sell out
.”
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

... and from CRL to Oslo-Rygge, you can even get a return flight for €5.65 ! But the seat selection fee has now climbed to €6.11 one way, more than the cost of a return flight !!!
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I have just booked a day-return Brussels-Berlin on Ryanair, in the third week of next month - cost me 10,20 euros.
I had checked easyJet : 43,21 euros for same.
And, for the record, Brussels Airlines : 498,02 euros (in Flex&fast - Chekx&Go non available).

Stij

Post by Stij »

I beat you Airazurxtror!!!!

I just booked a day trip on December 16th BRU-TSF and VRN-BRU for 4,08€ round-trip!!!!

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Congratulations, Stij !
(Are the good old times of dirt cheap tickets back with us ? Let's hope so !)

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

airazurxtror wrote:Congratulations, Stij !
(Are the good old times of dirt cheap tickets back with us ? Let's hope so !)
Yes indeed let's hope so :) Apparently these low fares were available for a few hours only but that's very good news...

Flanker2

Error fare: TK BRU-TYO return 260 Euro's.

Post by Flanker2 »

Hello everybody,

I'm posting a TK error fare at just 33780 Japanese Yen (or about 260 Euro's) return on Expedia Japan.
The itinerary is outbound BRU-IST-NRT inbound NRT-IST-BRU
Dates in May/June 2016. 10 days stay.
Fare class P so only 25% miles with TK miles and smiles.

I booked it.
Fair warning: Turkey is becoming a war zone. 6 months from now who knows where things stand.

Flanker2

Tokyo now down to 180 return with TK

Post by Flanker2 »

If it wasn't cheap enough already, the same fares are now available for 10.000 JPY less.
You can book a return to Tokyo from BRU for 180 Euro's.

http://www.secretflying.com/2015/12/err ... 40-return/

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

The fares have been removed. Any lucky Luchtzakkers?

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Flanker2 wrote:The fares have been removed. Any lucky Luchtzakkers?
Sadly not for me, I see this too late...but it's certainly worth having a look again soon ;)

PttU

Post by PttU »

Not sure if it's a real Superfare, but using promo code XMAS50 gives 50% off on http://www.cityjet.com
A Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year from all at CityJet.

To celebrate, we are offering you a fantastic 50% off fares on all routes for travel between January 6 and March 24, 2016.

But hurry, the offer is for this weekend only - book by midnight Sunday!

And remember, all CityJet fares include one piece of checked-in baggage up to 23kg and complimentary snacks on board.

We fly from London City Airport to Amsterdam, Antwerp, Cork, Dublin, Florence, Nantes, Paris and Rotterdam.

So why not plan that post-Christmas getaway with our fabulous exclusive e-mail offer. Simply use promo code "XMAS50" on http://www.cityjet.com

Happy Christmas!

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

If some of you are looking for a small trick to reduce fares on BRU-TYO return fares to about 400 Euro's all year round, PM me (allowing a few days for a reply). It possibly works on other BRU-Asia routes as it is carrier specific.

I will only share with people who have contributed significantly on this forum (100+ posts with content) and whom I'm sure of that they don't work for an airline.
(Otherwise, the trick won't last because it will draw too much attention to itself.)