The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
cathay belgium

The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

In january there was a -300 euro fare to GIG.. somewhere on the net..
Not long ago a NRT fare less than 100 euro ..

Saw this on our friendly ;) co-sites like airliners and flyertalk, but too late..

Therefor this topic.. if anyone read/saw somewhere else a SUPERFARE on cause by an airliner mistake or just a very very good bargain.. you know now where to post this..

Hopefully luchtzakkers will notice eachother on-time as I'm more on this site than the other ones..

THX for co-operation ..

CX-B

FR fares below 10 euro may be mentioned also as I don't see them the last months anymore 8-)
New types flown 2022.. A339

luchtzak

Re: The let us know Superfares Topic !

Post by luchtzak »

Heard a famous photographer had some tips and tricks to get cheap airfares/hotel rates etc... but I don't know the link/article nor the actual tips and tricks how he does it, must be interesting to read ;-)

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

I remember last year China Southern had tickets to Australia for less then 700 Euro. At the Kayak website, under "more" there is an explore button. You see the cheapest deals to most places in the world.

I bookmarked this one long time ago, nothing special, but just to share: http://www.canadianaffair.ca/en/flight- ... ecials.asp

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

Like a month ago, I saw a KLM RT fare AMS to HKG for 158EUR. Probably a mistake, 40minutes later it was gone and back to 580 or so. I was just following the prices from AMS or BRU to HKG on TripAdvisor. The booking link was via expedia, and I went till the page where I needed to give my CC number, so I could've booked it I guess. My question though: if you would be lucky to book such a mistake, can they ask you after payment to pay the actual price?

Charlie Roy

The let us know Superfares Topic !

Post by Charlie Roy »

In April 2008 Aer Lingus suffered a technical and/or human error which set business class fares from Dublin to New York and Boston to less than 5 euro! Later the same day all 100+ bookings at these prices were cancelled by Aer Lingus. Most bookings had been made by staff, their family and friends as it turns out!

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/pricewa ... t-debacle/
Last edited by Charlie Roy on 10 Jul 2012, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Treeper wrote:My question though: if you would be lucky to book such a mistake, can they ask you after payment to pay the actual price?
According to Belgian law: if it is clearly a mistake (i.e. 100 EUR instead of 1.000) they can. In all other cases you have a binding contract.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Great idea !

I don't see any bargain right now but will keep an eye on this thread for sure ;)

andorra-airport

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi andorra,

Indeed,but all made bookings were cancelled afterwards..
So no deal (anymore )

CX-B

andorra-airport

Well, the Department of Transportation is still investigating this, but anyway just wanted to share this. Next time I will post a real deal ok? ;)

rix

Post by rix »

FR flights to Budapest that might be of interest to some:

CRL- Budapest T2 return for €0,39 each way (includes taxes & fees BUT excludes the €12 "admin" fee)
Departure: Sept 1-6
Return: Sept 6, 9-12

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Good job RIX !
Booked WMI instead for 16 all in ;)
THX

CX-B

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

rix wrote: CRL- Budapest T2 return for €0,39 each way (includes taxes & fees BUT excludes the €12 "admin" fee)
Thanks for the info.
As a FRrequent user, I own a Mastercard Prepaid and the CRL-BUD-CRL I have just bought cost me exactly 0,78 euro.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Charlie Roy

The let us know Superfares Topic !

Post by Charlie Roy »

Wow!

andorra-airport

Ryanair return Eindhoven - Gdansk 0.58 euro, 9 oct/ 16 oct . Probably at some other dates too.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

airazurxtror wrote: As a FRrequent user, I own a Mastercard Prepaid and the CRL-BUD-CRL I have just bought cost me exactly 0,78 euro.
Are you using a Moneybookers MasterCard ? Once again mine was declined this morning, two weeks ago I tried to add funds and nothing worked... I'm really thinking about another option like the Bpost prepaid card...

By the way, fares are now at 2,15€ on the BUD route, available for a couple of dates in september and october.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

Tried again after emailing Moneybookers, it worked...
cathay belgium wrote: Booked WMI instead for 16 all in ;)
So did I, 8,76€ return FOR TWO :D

Fares to BUD are now available at 2,15€ almost everyday in september (advertised at just 0,39€ on the main page but couldn't find it).

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

CRL to Modlin for 0,29 euro :

Booking period: Fri August 3 - Mon, August 6, 2012
Travel period: Mon, September 3 - Wed, October 31, 2012
Applicable Days: Mon - Thurs (subject to availability)
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Re: The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by sn26567 »

This Monday, less than 335 dollars for a return trip between the USA and Israel with El Al, via travel agency Dan’s Deals. It was a mistake: they forgot to include the fuel surcharge, but once the tickets were issued it is impossible to change them and several dozens travellers will be able to fly at that price, especially since the social networks spread the news.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Re: The "let us know Superfares" Topic !

Post by regi »

sn26567 wrote:This Monday, less than 335 dollars for a return trip between the USA and Israel with El Al, via travel agency Dan’s Deals. It was a mistake: they forgot to include the fuel surcharge, but once the tickets were issued it is impossible to change them and several dozens travellers will be able to fly at that price, especially since the social networks spread the news.
Could an airline perform overbooking and bumping the cheap price paying passengers, paying back the cheap ticket ?