Rome to Brussels with Brussels Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
MD-11

Rome to Brussels with Brussels Airlines

Post by MD-11 »

Date: April 15th, 2012
Aircraft: Boeing 737-300, reg.: OO-VEN
Carrier: Brussels Airlines
Seats: 12E and 12D( wing exit )
Flight: SN3182
Trip: Rome Fiumicino-Brussels (FCO/LIRF-BRU/EBBR)
ETD: 16:35
Flight duration: 1hr50 min

We boarded at 16:05 at gate D6 in Terminal 3, full flight this time. Again I gave the crew a blanco paper for flight info... Push back was 10 minutes late... We took-off from a wet RWY 25 with 53,5 tons and 7,6 tons of fuel. Zero Fuel weight was 46,1 tons
SID: RARAL 5A, V1: 127kts, Vr: 141kts, V2: 147kts

Flight Level wasn't filled in but we flew in cruise with a Mach speed of 0,74 at that time and level an IAS of 257 kts, a TAS of 431kts and a GS of 443 kts, wind was 116°/14kts. Outside Air Temp was minus 53°C and total air temp was minus 28°C.

As on the flight to Rome we didn't get a meal ( flew B Light ) but just before descent the purser gave us a cup of Cava and water, Mignonette chocolates and 2 boxes with playing cards because of my passion for aviation ( his words ;) ) :D

We flew over Geneva, Strassbourg and started our descent over Luxemburg. We made a BATTY 3A STAR towards RWY02. Some nice turbulence on finals. :D We touched down on RWY 02 with a V ref of 133kts and a weight of 49,2 tons, having used 4,3 tons of fuel

Another surprise at the gate when the son of my ex-wife awaited us in the jetway. He was handling our luggage :)
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."