Brussels Airlines new service in b.flex : doritos ?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
b.lufthansa

Brussels Airlines new service in b.flex : doritos ?

Post by b.lufthansa »

Had a flight on Brussels recently where I had the choice between:

Image or a small cake!

where has the proper meal gone?

Outsync

Re: Brussels Airlines new service in bflex - doritos ?

Post by Outsync »

Haven't you asked the cabin crew?

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

on which flight did you get this?

Maho Bay

Post by Maho Bay »

My girlfriend got the same on the afternoon flight between BRU and LHR two weeks ago. On friday I will take that flight too, so I am curious to see what I will get.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Based on "research and feedback" SN if offering only a snack during non-meal hours on flights that are under 2hours.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

This is really bad especially when you pay so much for B flex.

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

airbuske wrote:Based on "research and feedback" SN if offering only a snack during non-meal hours on flights that are under 2hours.
The cabin crews are reporting some complaints, but most of the passengers don't speak up. Everybody that had those snacks and is not happy about it needs to mail to SN. Otherwise this will stay and become the standard...

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

airbuske wrote:Based on "research and feedback" SN if offering only a snack during non-meal hours on flights that are under 2hours.
As far as I understood it, during meal hours however, b.flex pax now get an enhanced meal even on the shortest flights, thus better reflecting the normal nutritious pattern of people on the ground.

Besides, it's basically the same at the other LH group airlines too: a decent breakfast/lunch/diner when flying at the appropriate corresponding times, snacks and drinks when flying on all other times.

taz001

Post by taz001 »

Had a SN-flight LHR-BRU three weeks ago at 19h15 (scheduled at 17h50 but delayed due weather). Seems like a decent hour to get something to eat (even on a short flight), I received a waffle... not even a sandwich... I don't expect a three course meal, but this is unacceptable.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

More and more airlines are doing this. Reducing the meal offer on short flights (under 2 hours mostly) during the non-meal times.
It's often the case that when pax are asked if they want/expect a full meal or a snack during non-meal times they awnser "a snack" and when they actually get a snack at such a flight at such a time they are not happy... Well, than you don't have to say such things as airlines make their decisions on these kind of questions and when that is the cheapest possibility they will not hesitate to change their meal policy.
But ok, I understand that not everyone is so happy with this, as many pax still do expect a full meal.
Last edited by RoMax on 22 Feb 2012, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

I had the doritos on TXL-BRU as well some days ago (was a mid-afternoon departure). I did not take them and looked surprised enough for the staff to excuse themselves this would be the "new policy" ... as I am used to this kind of snacks from LH in economy, no surprise at all; but still: the proper food was much nicer ...
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

taz001 wrote:Had a SN-flight LHR-BRU three weeks ago at 19h15 (scheduled at 17h50 but delayed due weather). Seems like a decent hour to get something to eat (even on a short flight), I received a waffle... not even a sandwich... I don't expect a three course meal, but this is unacceptable.
Like you say, your return flight from LHR to BRU got delayed with its scheduled departure time falling outside of the meal times unfortunately, so you got the snack as planned: where would the meal suddenly have to come from, BTW?
euroflyer wrote:I had the doritos on TXL-BRU as well some days ago (was a mid-afternoon departure). I did not take them and looked surprised enough for the staff to excuse themselves this would be the "new policy" ... as I am used to this kind of snacks from LH in economy, no surprise at all; but still: the proper food was much nicer ...
Indeed, it's part of the onboard product standardisation between the LH group airlines currently underway, so it's not going to change no matter what: nobody seems to mind much on LH, LX or OS shorthaul flights.

As said numerous times: most corporate pax on shorthaul flights only care about the best possible flight schedule, short connecting times, full ticket flexibility, late check in options, security fastlane, lounge access and generous carry on allowances...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

tolipanebas wrote: As said numerous times: most corporate pax on shorthaul flights only care about the best possible flight schedule, short connecting times, full ticket flexibility, late check in options, security fastlane, lounge access and generous carry on allowances
And obviously, Brussels Airlines care only for the "corporate" pax.
Last edited by sn26567 on 22 Feb 2012, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected BBCode

taz001

Post by taz001 »

tolipanebas wrote:
taz001 wrote:Had a SN-flight LHR-BRU three weeks ago at 19h15 (scheduled at 17h50 but delayed due weather). Seems like a decent hour to get something to eat (even on a short flight), I received a waffle... not even a sandwich... I don't expect a three course meal, but this is unacceptable.
Like you say, your return flight from LHR to BRU got delayed with its scheduled departure time falling outside of the meal times unfortunately, so you got the snack as planned: where would the meal suddenly have to come from, BTW?
Happy to see SN can b.flex(ible) when it comes to change catering ("quick, forget the meals and get the waffles... flight has been delayed and is just out of meal times!") :roll: I got my snack 'as planned' ... Forgive me if I see this from a passenger's view :|

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

airazurxtror wrote:
tolipanebas wrote: As said numerous times: most corporate pax on shorthaul flights only care about the best possible flight schedule, short connecting times, full ticket flexibility, late check in options, security fastlane, lounge access and generous carry on allowances
SN headquarters themselves don't know whom they care about, except that they're desperate.
As such, all measures are part of a short-term vision to save every cent, instead of trying to keep customers.

Meals on b.flex?
For the price of a b.flex ticket, with Ryanair you can book 20 tickets if you need flexibility, have a decent meal in a restaurant, you don't need late check-in options, the security is muuuuuch smoother and better organised.
On-time reliability is better, the aircraft seldomly go technical because of better maintenance; and if they do, if you're departing from a base, they have spare aircraft of the same capacity.
They can leave you hanging once in a while, but hey, with all the money you save, you can afford a suite in a 5 star while waiting for your next booked flight.

You're worried about missing that meeting? Fly-in 2 days before, with your remaining budget book a nice hotel with a spa, chill and prepare the meeting. Much better than checking-in late to your 2 star hotel the day before the meeting due to a delayed SN flight and having less than 6 hours of sleep ahead of the meeting.

As an example, I only use 1 out of 3 tickets I book with FR and through 50 flights, only 1 weather-related cancellation (mediteranean airport could not meet deicing needs) and one delay of 2 hours (strong winds).
Oh, and ear plugs make your flight go by like any other.
Legroom is also better on FR, the seats are more comfortable and newer. I choose a seat with a clean floor so I can remove my shoes. The boarding and airport experience is smoother and more relaxing.

For me, people who fly SN do so either because they can't book Ryanair flights (elderlies or destination not served), because they have to (corporate), or because of a complex or stereotype (typically materialists who will buy the more expensive product, regardless of quality).
Last edited by Flanker on 22 Feb 2012, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.

cnc

Post by cnc »

Flanker wrote: You're worried about missing that meeting? Fly-in 2 days before, with your remaining budget book a nice hotel with a spa, chill and prepare the meeting. Much better than checking-in late to your 2 star hotel the day before the meeting due to a delayed SN flight and having less than 6 hours of sleep ahead of the meeting.
good thing business people have nothing more to do then a meeting every few days!
i don't get all the fuzz about the food. 99% doesn't like the food but when its gone they suddenly cry about how they miss it. btw does any of you skip a meal before boarding with the idea you'll get a good meal inflight?
airazurxtror wrote: And obviously, Brussels Airlines care only for the "corporate" pax.
could you name 1 airline that is flying to serve the people rather then fill the pockets of the shareholders?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

taz001 wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:
Happy to see SN can b.flex(ible) when it comes to change catering ("quick, forget the meals and get the waffles... flight has been delayed and is just out of meal times!") :roll: I got my snack 'as planned' ... Forgive me if I see this from a passenger's view :|
Diner time as defined within the LH group is set quite late: the scheduled time of your flight back from LHR falls well outside this diner slot, so in fact they didn't change catering at all just because your flight got delayed; there simply wasn't any diner forseen to start with: still too early for it, believe it or not.

Don't ask me who decided on the timeframe for the slots, but it's the same at LH and the others too...

FWIW: loaded meals are to be disposed of anyway after the flight, so there are no savings to be found in not handing them out in case they were on board, you know?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

cnc wrote:
Flanker wrote: You're worried about missing that meeting? Fly-in 2 days before, with your remaining budget book a nice hotel with a spa, chill and prepare the meeting. Much better than checking-in late to your 2 star hotel the day before the meeting due to a delayed SN flight and having less than 6 hours of sleep ahead of the meeting.
good thing business people have nothing more to do then a meeting every few days!
I was thinking exactly the same! :D
Must be a very bussy businessman, he who can fly in for a meeting on the wrong day of the week!
cnc wrote:i don't get all the fuzz about the food: 99% doesn't like the food but when its gone they suddenly cry about how they miss it.
LH and LX have this concept for some time now and they haven't lost a single passenger because of it.
No surprise as it matches today's needs and expectations of frequent travellers.
Do you get a free lunch or diner on the train? Do you buy one at for instance 10:30 or 15:30? Well then?

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

cnc wrote:airazurxtror wrote:

could you name 1 airline that is flying to serve the people rather then fill the pockets of the shareholders?
This is exactly the way SN HQ's think.
Unfortunately, in business you're only as succesful as you serve the customer's interests.

Weird example but very illustrating: Ryanair.
They could charge 50 instead of 15 to make more quick money, but they know that if they do that, not only will they sell much less tickets, but customers will start to look for other solutions or simply give up. The 15 euro fare not only gives a competitive and volume advantage, it creates a lot of new demand by making customers find any good opportunity/reason to fly.

SN & co, need to realize that they're not a public transportation company but a service company. As a service company, they have to understand what people want. Why would someone pay 40 times more to fly in aircraft with tired yellow cabins? If they want to sell the same flight at 5000%, they have to offer something more. It doesn't necessarily mean that it has to cost much more.
OK, if you decide to offer a snack between 2 and 4, go for a shortcake or two picks from a fruit basket.
A dorito bag feels so impsersonal and cheap, a choice from a fruit basket is welcoming and personal.
A decent business class would also have many managers demanding to their superior to give them travel upgrades. 100% deductable for the corporation, employee flying happier and feeling special (by itself important for business), SN will make 20% more on such customers and have the possibility to sell an extra b.light seat very cheaply.
Everyone happy.
tolipanebas wrote:Must be a very bussy businessman, he who can fly in for a meeting on the wrong day of the week!
Much better than flying the same day and being useless and tired.
Because you don't usually travel and pay a 700 euro ticket to go sell a few boxes of sponges to a retailer in Italy... :roll:

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

i don't get all the fuzz about the food. 99% doesn't like the food but when its gone they suddenly cry about how they miss it.
Time does seem to go faster when you're having the dining experience.
About the hotmeals that need to be disposed of after a flight, that is real shame to see happen. Anyone here knows if it gets destroyed (FAVV-wise), so nothing for Poverello or similar?