Brussels - Bromma on SN

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airazurxtror

Brussels - Bromma on SN

Post by airazurxtror »

I took advantage of a promotional fare offered by Brussels Airlines late in March (valid even for a dayreturn, which is not often the case) and bought me a Stockholm return (fare : 3 euros; taxes and charges : 55,39 euros; total paid : 58,39 euros).
Thus my trip report :

11 november 2011
Brussels - Stockholm Bromma (BRU-BMA) SN2308
Avro RJ100 OO-DWK
STD : 09.00 - take-off at 09.03
STA : 11.15 - landing at 11.08
Airborne for 2h05

I had checked the day before (having received an e-mail to remind me), printed my boarding passes and chosen the seats. 20A on the flight to BMA, a mistake : it's the last one; if the guy in 19A had reclined his seat, I would have been cornered !
Access to terminal A is easier than before, thanks to the "Automated access Control" : just scan the barcode of the boarding pass. The process is described page 85 of the current inflight magazine "b There !".
Incidentally, that magazine gives Arlanda as the airport for Stockholm ! (page 80)
It's actually Bromma that we reached after a flight almost always above clouds, with a very low ceiling at landing.

The bus to the main bus station in Stockholm takes 20 minutes with the Flygbussarna coach.

11 november 2011
Stockholm Bromma - Brussels (BMA-BRU) SN2308
Avro RJ100 OO-DWF
STD 20.10, changed to 20.00 on the screen at Bromma - take-off at 20.06
STA 22.25 - landing at 22.03
Airborne for 1h57

Bromma is a small airport, and crowded at that hour; better not to arrive too early ...
There is a small shop run by the "Flygande Veteraner Society" (a group of enthusiasts who operate a Douglas C47A (SE-CFP) on flights for its mmebers in summer). Books and magazines (mostly in Swedish) and other air-related objects - open 10-18.
Aligned on the runway, Cpn de Greef first applied full power against the brakes before releasing them and take-off. I wonder if the runway is perhaps just a bit short ?
Uneventful flight, in the dark.
At Brussels, we parked far away, nearly at Abelag; we were bussed to the terminal and I easily catched the 22.39 bus to Brussels.

A very nice trip !

cathay belgium

Re: Brussels - Bromma on SN

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

THX, nice report.. makes me happy as I gonna take this route in January ..
And indeed ! The mistake in bThere magazine made me rrrr.. as Arlanda is further away from the city..
Contacted SN and they said it's Bromma now and for the future.. so they will correct the page next month ;)

Nice daytrip.. what did you do in the city ?

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Fast report, just one day after your trip! Excellent. And with a nice fare as well: I don't think such fares are still available, and they might have contributed to the poor financial performance of SN this year...

I never went to Bromma and I'm glad to see that it has a fast connection with the city. Arlanda is further away, but has a really fast train connection (at 200 km/h).
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

sn26567 wrote:And with a nice fare as well: I don't think such fares are still available, and they might have contributed to the poor financial performance of SN this year...
Not to BMA but I got a very good deal in late august to fly BRU-VCE in may 2012, 117,30€ all in. FOR TWO !
Talk about a nice birthday gift for my girlfriend :D

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Aligned on the runway, Cpn de Greef first applied full power against the brakes before releasing them and take-off. I wonder if the runway is perhaps just a bit short ?

This is SoP at BMA.
The RWY is not that short, TORA/TODA/ASDA is 1668m, and you add about 100 m by initiating the TO from the very end of the pavement prior to the THLD markings.
Think the reason for this "catapult-type" TO is due to a possible RTO just before V1, as the BAe146 has no reverser.
Also, both when taking off from 12 and 30, there are a number of obstacle on the direct flight path which require a min rate of climb.

Anyhow I always liked this take off run, and especially its preparation when the bird starts shaking with full power under brakes before the kick.
Cheers .

HA

Oansis

Post by Oansis »

The pilot of our flight bru-bromma with brussels airlines told us that it was a really short runway in bromma.. Same scene when we had our take off.

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

Bromma has a short runway!

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Shanti wrote:Bromma has a short runway!
Not sure I understand what "short" means.
Of course I can figure what "too short" means; often then coupled with the word "Oops !".
I usually communicate in meters (feet with our metrically-challenged colleagues).

Two years ago even RWY 20 at BRU/EBBR was said to be short, .... at 2987 meters. Well, as seen from the cockpit of a 744, a few more meters/feet would have been welcome but can you say it is a short runway?

FLR/LIRQ, Firenze/Florence, has indeed a "short?" runway.
RWY 05 has a TORA/ASDA of 1605 m; RWY 23 is marginally better at 1674 m. Both are shorter than BMA/ESSB, yet A319 operate there.

Cheers.

HA

Gladko

Post by Gladko »

I think Bromma airport (and runway) can be compared with Antwerp airport. Last summer I went for a two-day spotting trip to Arlanda with Brussels Airlines via Bromma (trip report with photos can be found here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45609). Also took some time for spotting in Bromma and noticed that the 'full power engines' before take-off is apparantly a standard procedure for the majority of the planes that take off there (e.g. Malmo aviation with their RJ's