Swiss BRU - ZRH - LAX - ZRH - BRU

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Zorba

Swiss BRU - ZRH - LAX - ZRH - BRU

Post by Zorba »

Last year we flew Swiss for the first time to New York; and were pleasantly surprised by their service and the swift transfer at Zurich airport. So for our trip to the US West Coast, we chose Swiss again. For €620 pp their fare was 'normal'.
I made a small report, nothing special. Enjoy :)

LX787 BRU - ZRH
HB-IJE Airbus A320-214
On time.

Video of take off and landing:

At the remote stand in Zurich

Short flight, with nothing special to report. Always nice to have an Airbus instead of the Avro we see here at Brussels quite regularly.

Meal was a tasty chocolate croissant:

Right before landing, we got some nice chocolates. They used to give Toblerone, but now they switched to their own 'brand'.

Connecting flights displayed:

Beautiful scenery on approach

Small plane taking off

LX40 ZRH - LAX
HB-JMK Airbus A340-313X
Departed with a slight delay, arrived perfectly on time.

Again a video, take off and landing:

LX38 to SFO pushing before us

Same plane on the front facing camera

At the holding point

Las Vegas

The flight was smooth, again nothing special to report. Only the amount of food we got, maybe:
Started with tortellini in a cream sauce:

Movenpick Panna Cotta ice cream:

Sandwich:

Pizza:

LX41 LAX - ZRH
HB-JMJ Airbus A340-313X
Departed on time, arrived 30 minutes early.
Video:

Some shots at LAX:

Again some nice meals:
Apero mix
Lasagna
Before landing we also got some bread and yoghurt, unfortunately no picture of that.

Sunrise
After landing in Zurich

LX782 ZRH - BRU
HB-IYT RJ100
Of the flight to Brussels unfortunately no video nor photos. Short flight with nothing to mention.
Departure on time, landing a bit early.
Last edited by Zorba on 20 Sep 2011, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Tot hier en verder

sn26567

Re: Swiss BRU - ZRH - LAX - ZRH - BRU

Post by sn26567 »

Nice pictures and videos. Thanks for sharing.

I flew Swissair from LAX to ZRH and BRU in C class just before the bankruptcy and was also impressed by the service, except for one stewardess who staunchly refused to speak French (one of their national languages) and kept coming back to German...
André
ex Sabena #26567

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

sn26567 wrote:Nice pictures and videos. Thanks for sharing.

I flew Swissair from LAX to ZRH and BRU in C class just before the bankruptcy and was also impressed by the service, except for one stewardess who staunchly refused to speak French (one of their national languages) and kept coming back to German...
Look at this on a Swiss advertising :

"Swiss International Airlines is currently hiring cabin crew.

Minimum Requirements
•Minimum 20 years of age
•Minimum height: 158 cm
•High School diploma or equivalent education
•Fluent in German and English
•French, Italian or Spanish language an advantage
•Good swimming skills
•Right to live and work in Switzerland
Crew Base: Zurich
Last updated 15-Jul-2011

Apparently French is not obligatory at ' Swiss '

regi

Post by regi »

sn26567 wrote:Nice pictures and videos. Thanks for sharing.

I remember a long haul flight with KLM where the stewardess insisted to talk English - despite I heard her speak flat Dutch dialect with her colleagues. :roll:

regi

Post by regi »

Swiss is nice for long haul except the legroom. What is your experience about legroom?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

galaxy wrote:Apparently French is not obligatory at ' Swiss '
That is correct. Swiss is a GERMAN speaking airline.

French and italian may be 'national' languages in Switzerland too, but since LX is based in ZRH you don't have to be able to speak any of those to work for Swiss and you often will find nobody in a crew who does (especially on short haul), although they do their best to allocate French speaking crew to the flights from GVA.

Don't assume the language flexibility we see from SN to be similar to that of LX: on LX flights to ZRH, you often won't hear a single word of French: German and English only.

capetown

Post by capetown »

Nice pics and vids... especially that approach to LAX - shows how huge LA is. I remember flying there with a City Bird MD-11 in the 90's :? I also like the airport activity : An Air Tahiti Nui taxiing and that CO taking off when you were landing. One concern though : did you really have TERRA cotta icecream ;) ? How did your stomac feel after that :lol: ???

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

capetown wrote:Nice pics and vids... especially that approach to LAX - shows how huge LA is. I remember flying there with a City Bird MD-11 in the 90's :? I also like the airport activity : An Air Tahiti Nui taxiing and that CO taking off when you were landing. One concern though : did you really have TERRA cotta icecream ;) ? How did your stomac feel after that :lol: ???
Ouch :lol:
Tot hier en verder

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Fantastic trip report. People should do more of these on luchtzak... Any upcoming trips ? ;)