Help. Flights to....

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Explorer Airways

Help. Flights to....

Post by Explorer Airways »

Anybody know cheap flights to Manila or Cebu from Brussels, we are with two parents, two over 12 years, and 2 children. With 6 in total.We would in the coming Christmas vacation may leave.

cnc

Re: help.Flights to....

Post by cnc »

i would fly with EY via AUH to MNL (etihad via abu dhabi to manilla)
you have no better options in terms of connections because all other options are to travel to AMS,FRA,MUN,LHR or CDG first

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ozzie1969 should be able to reply. He flies regularly to these destinations. Send him a PM.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Post by regi »

Come on Ozzie, this is your moment of glory ! :) Go for it, man.

fretn

Post by fretn »

Quik search on kayak showed me 1215 euro/pp... not a great time to travel :roll:

Explorer Airways

He dont sent a message back.So waiting...

regi

Re: Help. Flights to....

Post by regi »

Christmas holiday is ultra high season.
Again: don't rely too much on booking sites. Go to Joker and explain your problem. Try to be flexible with your travel data. With some airlines the price difference is almost 50% if you travel before or after 15th December to Asia. Return is not the big issue.

Complete bonkers alternative:
Mahan air.
euh?
You fly from Düsseldorf for 599 euro ( high season price ) to BKK via Tehran ( where the females have to wear a vale going to the terminal :o ) and you buy another cheap ticket Bangkok-Manila. ( I guess about 250 euro )
Other option: Airasia ! ( aha, Ozzie, you didn't think about that one did you ! )
Flight Stansted-Kuala Lumpur and than again with Airasia Kuala Lumpur - Manila.
Only problem for you is to get to Stansted. But the Ryanair freaks will help you out with that one :)
But a quick look at the site shows that those 3 tickets together will not save you a lot of money. Maybe 100 euro all together a person. And than you will have all the hassle of checking inn 3 times.

OK serious now. The Germans have sometimes great prices. 1060 euro with China Southern Airlines Bru-Ams-PEK-MNL
Try yourself:
http://www.asien-reise.net

Explorer Airways

Air asia don't fly on manilla.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

Explorer Airways wrote:Air asia don't fly on manilla.
Regi is right. AirAsia is indeed flying to Manila (CRK)

Look at this website :
http://www.airasiaplus.com/

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Christmas is indeed the most expensive time to travel to Manilla.
My parents went a couple of years ago around that time. They flew from DUS with Emirates, around 900 euro/person I believe.

My advise: hurry to a travel agency, they can find you the best deals, often cheaper then online with this destination and period. And don't wait with booking, it will only get more expensive, and flights to Manilla will be full before you know it.

regi

Post by regi »

galaxy wrote:
Explorer Airways wrote:Air asia don't fly on manilla.
Regi is right. AirAsia is indeed flying to Manila (CRK)

Look at this website :
http://www.airasiaplus.com/
thank you to keep my blood pressure low. :)

regi

Post by regi »

Buzz wrote:Christmas is indeed the most expensive time to travel to Manilla.
My parents went a couple of years ago around that time. They flew from DUS with Emirates, around 900 euro/person I believe.

My advise: hurry to a travel agency, they can find you the best deals, often cheaper then online with this destination and period. And don't wait with booking, it will only get more expensive, and flights to Manilla will be full before you know it.
Yep, same experience as I always have.
Booking engines are great to prepare a bit back at home.
But for some cases it is best to go to the travel agent.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Explorer Airways wrote:He dont sent a message back.So waiting...
Oops, missed my moment of glory by not being online for a few days. :cry:

Christmas is absolutely the worst time of the year if you want cheap flights to the Philippines. Every OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) and his dog wants to go back home for Christmas, so flights are fully booked months in advance.

I would suggest booking early (you're a bit late for that already), or searching for days on end on just about any airline ticket website you can think of. Alternatively, just go to Joker or Connections or Nouvelles Frontières, and ask them for their prices.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Forgot to say you could always book a flight at a travel agency to the Middle East or South East Asia and then book your own flight from there to the Philippines on an airline website (Cebu Pacific, Zest Air, AirAsia...)

regi

Post by regi »

Ozzie1969 wrote:Forgot to say you could always book a flight at a travel agency to the Middle East or South East Asia and then book your own flight from there to the Philippines on an airline website (Cebu Pacific, Zest Air, AirAsia...)
wow, I was on Ozzie his trail !
Seriously now,Ozzie, this is in fact terrible for the poor Phillipino expat worker who just can travel in this period. While Hadj flights are made cheap, why is there no action for the millions of Phillipino's who want to see their children just once a year - if possible ?
Strange idea: can the church not be involved? To keep the families together around Christmas. Some chartered B744 would do a great job. Just a naive idea, I suppose. :|

regi

Post by regi »

hold on a second...
I got something different for you. Looking on some German sites ( they have a pretty large Phillipino community ) I found this: Departure from ...Frankfurt. I know, it is 4 à 5 hour drive. But take into account the number of tickets. Stay the day before in a local Gaststätte 20 km from Frankfurt and you have a pleasant flight with... China Airlines ! Frankfurt-Taipei-Manila for 980 euro a person - see simulation here under.
Roughly calculating ( car + local cheap hotel included) it would be a saving of 600 to 700 euro.

http://www.mcflight.de
I checked it on the Joker website and they also offer exactly the same solution for the same price.

Hinflug
10:40 Sa 18 Dez
Frankfurt, Frankfurt Int. [FRA] 06:00 So 19 Dez
Taipei, Taiwan Taoyuan Intl. [TPE] 13h 20min China Airlines, Economy
Flug-Nr. CI 62
Airbus A340-300
14:00 So 19 Dez
Taipei, Taiwan Taoyuan Intl. [TPE] 16:05 So 19 Dez
Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intern. [MNL] 2h 5min China Airlines, Economy
Flug-Nr. CI 703
Boeing 737-800

Gesamtreisezeit 23h 25min