Service on Swiss international airlines flights

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
hello11

Service on Swiss international airlines flights

Post by hello11 »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what the service is on board of Swiss flights. We've booked tickets from Brussels to Zurich (1:15) and from Zurich to Istanbul (3:50). We're flying with an economy saver ticket (class T). What's the service on board? Do you get free food and/or drinks on board? Or do we have to pay for such things?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by hello11 on 21 Mar 2010, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Zorba

Re: Service on Swiss international airlines flights

Post by Zorba »

Service is great. On BRU - ZRH we got a muffin and free drink(s).
On ZRH - JFK (little bit longer than IST though) we got a great hot meal and they came around with drinks a few times (of course you can go to the back and ask for something to drink as well).
Tot hier en verder

AF332

Post by AF332 »

If you like a good service level on flights between BRU and IST, you can better choose for Turkish Airlines. THY offer much better food than Swiss. You probably get a snack on ZRH-IST. THY offer a complete and delicious meal... So I prefer THY (also a nice airliner on long-haul flights).

Enjoy your flight!

Philippe

summersso

Post by summersso »

Hi there,

I flew exactly this route in reverse last year (IST-ZRH-BRU). Late afternoon flight left Istanbul with scheduled arrival in ZRH at around 19.00, I expected a decent bite to eat... flight is almost three hours... instead received just a meagre, luke warm savoury pastry. Not impressed. Obiviously, I had to make up for it by ordering three bottles of red wine!

Aircraft (A321+A320) were fine: nice Recaro seats, good legroom, overhead flatscreen TVs, good service.

Am flying Cairo to Zurich then back to LHR next week, so looking forward to seeing if anything's changed on Swiss.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Hello,

Yesterday (arrived today) I made Bru-Zhr-Pvg on Swiss.

On Bru-Zhr we got a croissant and something to drink. What can you expect from a flight from almost 1 hour?
On Zhr-PVG, a lunch was served after take off. Food was not bad but can be better. (Last week I took SN for BRU-DME-BRU. The lunch of SN was better. ) Because I was on the last rows I hadn't a choice anymore, so I could only get ragout.
Later an Ice cream was served, delicious. Some hours later a sandwich and before landing a breakfast.
Overall Swiss was ok for me.

Dave

regi

Post by regi »

liebensd wrote:Hello,

Yesterday (arrived today) I made Bru-Zhr-Pvg on Swiss.

On Bru-Zhr we got a croissant and something to drink. What can you expect from a flight from almost 1 hour?
On Zhr-PVG, a lunch was served after take off. Food was not bad but can be better. (Last week I took SN for BRU-DME-BRU. The lunch of SN was better. ) Because I was on the last rows I hadn't a choice anymore, so I could only get ragout.
Later an Ice cream was served, delicious. Some hours later a sandwich and before landing a breakfast.
Overall Swiss was ok for me.

Dave
Also did the Shanghai stretch with Swiss and service is fine.
Only...don't get agitated with that underground train thing. I saw some elderly Asian people panic , completely unable to decide what to do. No staff around to give some advice.
I know, I know, it is so simple that you cannot even make a mistake. But those Asians thought they were at Zurich Central station, fearing they would end up somewhere in the country side next to a cow bell instead of in the nice A-340.
For the Bru-Zurich stretch, my preference goes to the A-320 instead of the Avro/BAE.
And yes, the ice cream is a nice touch.

hello11

Post by hello11 »

Thanks all for your opinions! If there are more people who experienced the service on board of Swiss flights, let me know in this topic.

hello11

bxleu

Post by bxleu »

hello11 wrote:Hello everyone,

I was wondering what the service is on board of Swiss flights. We've booked tickets from Brussels to Zurich (1:15) and from Zurich to Istanbul (3:50). We're flying with an economy saver ticket (class T). What's the service on board? Do you get free food and/or drinks on board? Or do we have to pay for such things?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I flew IST-ZRH-BRU last August and service was OK. We got a hot meal (flight in the late afternoon) but didn't finish it (pasta and melted cheese, that was all). We had a short connection in ZRH, so we had to run like mad to make it to the BRU flight plus we only got our suitcases the following day.