What is the longest turboprop route in the world?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
andorra-airport

What is the longest turboprop route in the world?

Post by andorra-airport »

And as you guess I mean the longest "commercial" flight.

jan_olieslagers

Re: What is the longest turboprop route in the world?

Post by jan_olieslagers »

And I suppose you mean "actually" too? Otherwise, Loftleidir's CL44's would be a strong candidate with their Luxembourg-Keflavik-New York route. Or perhaps Aeroflot Tu114 on various routes? The Tu-114 was specifically designed for long-haul!

kiwiandrew

Post by kiwiandrew »

assuming that we are talking about current services rather than historic ones I would think that Air Tahiti ( not to be confused with its big brother Air Tahiti Nui ) must be a candidate with routes such as PPT-NHV ( 1405 km ) , PPT-HIX ( 1434 km ) and PPT-GMR ( 1654 km - 4h 25m on the days when it operates nonstop )

they have a great route map on their website - it shows their Polynesian route network superimposed over a map of Europe at the same scale - I hope the link below works - and remember this network is flown by ATR42 and ATR72 a/c only !

http://www.airtahiti.aero/popup.php?fic ... reseau.htm

B737229

Post by B737229 »

not sure about the current routings flown by turboprops , but in the past this must have been the route flown by Aeroflot with TU114 : Moscow - Havanna non stop 5900 NM
Moscow tokyo was also flown in these days nonstop - 4700 NM

Comet

Post by Comet »

How far did the Bristol Britannia fly when that was in operation? That was introduced on longish range services (it certainly operated to North America but I don't know where else).
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise