SN Brussels Fare Classes and miles

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
tadpole

SN Brussels Fare Classes and miles

Post by tadpole »

Can anyone give me information about SN Brussels Airlines Fare Classes and their eligibility for air miles?

I commute from Barcelona to Brussels every week and have been happily benefiting from the double mileage promotion on this route but I now suddenly find that the online booking always selects a Q class fare if available. This fare class is not eligible for miles according to my mileage account statement and the call centre staff. It seems from their reply that all passengers would automatically know that Q class fares don't get miles! I was told I should have chosen a B class fare to get miles. Of course it's impossible to choose when you book on-line, you get the highest and lowest available. Even if you make a telephone reservation you have to ask to avoid getting a Q class fare. The price differnce between a Q and B class return fare on the BRU to BCN route is 1 Euro.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Nick

veldmuis

Post by veldmuis »

Hi Nick,

Isn't the introduction of 'Best Buy' the reason behind this ?

Those fares (and hence that booking class - perhaps = 'Q' ?) are explicit non-eligible for mileage (see the conditions).

So, if the booking engine proposes the cheapest fare, then it should be 'Best Buy', if still available...

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

I there maybe someone who can give me a good link, or the explanation, between the whole classes like Q, Y ex…

Greetz,

Dave

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@Nick:

On the website, you cannot choose between the different fare classes in Economy (or you get the cheapest economy fare, or the full fare).

If you want to book different fares, you can always try via the SN callcenter.

@Dave:
Y: full fare economy
C: full fare business
F: full fare first

All the other codes (Q, ....) are all discounted fares (I'm not 100% sure, but I think that almost all other codes are discounted Economy fares - is business for example always booked in C or does business also have other codes?)

Regards
Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote: @Dave:
Y: full fare economy
C: full fare business
F: full fare first

All the other codes (Q, ....) are all discounted fares (I'm not 100% sure, but I think that almost all other codes are discounted Economy fares - is business for example always booked in C or does business also have other codes?)
D is discounted business (I recently flew D class on BA from BRU to MAN, and I did not even get FF miles with it, but all the other business freebies were there).

J is premium business (usually on intercontinental flights).
André
ex Sabena #26567