Where will you fly in 2004

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

I've booked my first flight for this year :

Sunday 29/02: AF 7795 from TLS to CDG with (probably) A319.

But I'm praying for an A318 because that one replaces the A319 when there is a day with low demand. Would be a nice experience to fly with a brandnew type.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Avro

Post by Avro »

I wish you a nice flight, and hope for you that the A318 will do the flight ;)

Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi Robin,

Your aircraft is scheduled in CRS as an A320.

In case it's an A319: try to be in one of the first rows of economy class. Those rows can be converted to C-class, and have more legroom.

The last 7-8-9 rows of an A319 can be very cramped.

Have a nice flight!

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Something evil from me I forgot to mention! :mrgreen:
But I'm praying for an A318 because that one replaces the A319 when there is a day with low demand.
I don't want to give you bad hope, but also the opposite happens! :mrgreen:

A friend of me booked recently a returnflight from DUS to CDG, just to fly the A318 (DUS-CDG in the morning, visited the Aerospace museum in Paris, and returned to the airport in the afternoon to catch his flight). His return flight was scheduled to be an A318.

When he took the bus (together with a few other people), they stopped between 2 aircrafts: an A318 and an A320. He was already preparing to go to the A318 when he saw that no light was burning inside. He checked out what was happening, and saw that not the A318 but the A320 (which was accidentally the very same aircraft he had that morning for his flight to CDG) was going to fly him back to DUS.

A good explanation would be that the flight was fully booked. But no way... only 10-15 passengers were booked on this flight :mrgreen:

I'm still hoping you will get an A318... :mrgreen:

He will try again soon to get on the A318... as they say: patience is a virtue! :mrgreen:

Frederic

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Thanks Avro and Frederic for your comments !

An A320 is nice too, but I prefer the A318 :D

I hope they will not upgrade the flight to an A321, because I flew that type already with another airline.

And I will not forget Bart and make a picture of the airline meal.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi Robin,

Food onboard of an AF domestic flight? Wishful thinking! :mrgreen:

AF has a special concept on its domestic flights: it's called 'La Navette'.

This means: a lot of daily flights between the two domestic destinations (from/to PAR), and if I am not mistaken, you can check-in during the whole day for your flight. Very convenient: when you have an evening flight, you can check-in during the morning.

Service: I'd expect nothing more then a pack of pretzels, and a drink service. Recently they had some changes in their inflight services, so I don't know if alcoholic drinks are still free of charge. If not, try out a nice French wine... ;)

Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:
dens wrote: I don't know if SNBA does it.
I think they do, but I don't know to which airport they are flying for that operation. If I remember correctly I saw on TV last year an RJ of SNBA doing such an operation
If I remember correctly, last year's sanitary repatriation flight was operated by a foreign (i.e. non-Belgian) charter company on behalf of EuropAssistance.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@Robin

Your flight is going to be quite full... except the most expensive booking classes, your flight is closed already...

I checked the seatmap, and no pre-seating has been done yet (apparently not allowed on AF). This means that when you check in early, you will probably have a good seat... The A320 is still scheduled.

Frederic

danieln

Post by danieln »

Have just booked my flights for tomorrow:

BRU-LHR BMI A320
LHR-GLA BMI A320

Return on 29/2:

GLA-LHR BMI A321
LHR-BRU BMI F100

Looking forward to my 2nd ever Fokker 100-experience! My first one was years ago on a Tesside-LHR flight.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

@ Sabena_690 :

As I've not that much experience with flying, can I still go to a restaurant in the departure hall after I've checked in, or do I have to go to the gate directly?

Regards, Robin Bamps.

danieln

Post by danieln »

You can eat and drink as much as you can (but beware with alcohol as the crew might refuse you on board). There are several reaturants and coffee-bars behind the security-check. Have fun Robin!

Jense

Post by Jense »

Robin,

I know your post was @ Sabena_690, but... here it goes...:
When you've checked in, you can still go to the restaurant, I guess you mean "wingtips". When you do that, just watch the time... If you plane departs @ the A-pier, you need to do a long walk... I prefer the bar in the A-pier.

greettzzz

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

There are several reaturants and coffee-bars behind the security-check. Have fun Robin!
I understand that Daniel, but than you are already in the Transit zone.

But it was for the following case : At the second floor of the departure hall @ Toulouse, there is a panoramic restaurant (like the Wingtips at Brussels). I wanted to spot a little bit there (while Sunday is offering nice English charters @ Toulouse like Monarch, Air 2000 and MyTravel) until 9:30, and then I wanted to go check-in for my flight. But Frederic says that I have to check-in early to have a good place in the airplane, so I wanted to know if I can still go to the panoramic restaurant after I've checked in.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Jense

Post by Jense »

Robin_Bamps wrote:But Frederic says that I have to check-in early to have a good place in the airplane, so I wanted to know if I can still go to the panoramic restaurant after I've checked in.
Yeah, sure you can! I guess the check-in begins 2 hours before the flight... (don't know it sure...)

greettzzz

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Message to all members who will take a flight: do you mind making some pictures of the Airlinemeals

greetz,

Bart
:rock:

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Bart,

I already told in a previous reply that I would take a picture from the airline meal for you, bu Frederic answered me that there will probably be no meal on board because it is a Domestic flight (TLS-CDG).

But if there is one, I'll take a picture :wink:

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@danieln: are those your flights? :
26/2 BRU LHR 1125 1140 BD 146 A320
26/2 LHR GLA 1305 1425 BD 6 A320

29/2: no flights between GLA and LHR will be operated by A321. Only the morning flight between LHR and BRU (leaving LHR at 8am) will be on the F100. Are you sure about the date?

@Robin: try to be 2 hours in advance at the airport. After you have checked in, you can even leave TLS airport again if you want. Just make that you are at your gate 30-40 minuts before the ETD of your flight.

Have fun!

Another thing I may not forget: does anybody know whether AF offers C-class or not on their domestic shuttles? As far as I know they don't (only La Navette). When you check-in, Robin, request a seat in front of the aircraft. When you are in one of the first rows, you will get a C-class seatpitch!
I would go for row 3-4-5-6.

Frederic

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Thanks everyone for your helps and information.

@ Frederic : OK, I'll ask a seat in front of the aircraft, and I'll try to get a window seat. Thank you very much for all your help and support !

Regards, Robin Bamps.

danieln

Post by danieln »

Frederic,
I have put a wrong date for my return. It must have been 28/2 as I come back on Saturday. I guess the 8.55 flight from GLA to LHR is with a 321...

C-117

Post by C-117 »

So far - Isla Margarita, Venezuela (Jan)
Buenos Aires, AR (Jan)
Planned - Puerto Montt, Chile (Feb)
Bariloche, AR (Mar)
Lima/Macchu Pichu, Peru (Apr)
Cordoba, AR (May)