SN flights to Paris CDG

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
pijaleu

SN flights to Paris CDG

Post by pijaleu »

Hi,

The second morning connection between BRU and CDG is now effective since a few weeks.
Any body an idea about the result (Loadfactors on both flights)? Was it a successfull decision?

Thanks,
Pijaleu

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: SN flights to Paris CDG

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Would be interesting...
A pity 'cos these flights still are not opened to the european network of SN!

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I find the situation with the second b.air CDG flight very confusing. If you want to book a trip CDG BRU ABJ and back, on the outbound journey you will have a choice between a flight leaving CDG for BRU at 7:40 am and another one at 8:50 am. On the way back, the ABJ flight gets into BRU at 5:10 am, but the connection offered on b.air's web site is at 9:40 am.
Does the SN operated flight from CDG to BRU (08:50-09:50 am) leave BRU for CDG without pax (empty flight) in order to fly pax to BRU at 8:50 am ?
If so, does anybody have any idea why ?
In favor of quality air travel.

brusselsairlinesfan

Both legs (CDG-BRU & BRU-CDG) are operated with 2 flights/day. But I believe it won't last after the summer high season!

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

OK, but why, for a flight coming into BRU at 5:10 am, does b.air give a connection to CDG at 9:40 am (four and a half hours later), when there is an earlier connection (MCT in BRU is 50 minutes, isn't it ?)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Does anyone know how operations to CDG will work as from the 2010 summer season ? As far as I can see, there will be two flights to CDG, but only one from CDG to BRU ? Have I missed something or how is this going to work ?

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

yes I saw this too, strange.
and I think that one flight (BRU>CDG) is with 737 and two others flights (BRU>CDG + CDG>BRU) with 319

brusselsairlinesfan

... and still not possible to book them in b.light class... either on the single BRU-CDG-BRU leg only and on the CDG-BRU-european SN destinations

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:... and still not possible to book them in b.light class... either on the single BRU-CDG-BRU leg only and on the CDG-BRU-european SN destinations
Isn't the CDG flight a Economy/Business flight? So no bLight, bFlex and bBusiness?

I checked for a flight on 31/03 from CDG via BRU to ABJ and then you have the choice between Economy and Business class tickets...

brusselsairlinesfan

Indeed... prices seem to be OK in both economy & business on SN long haul network from CDG... but are very expensive on all european flights...

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I assume that on the CDG flight(s) b.air wants to give priority to pax connecting to long haul flights. Does anyone have any idea of the load factor on the Paris flight ? And we still don't know how b.air can have two flights out of BRU to CDG, but only one flight back (as from the summer season).

brusselsairlinesfan

Indeed they must have good reasons but I highly doubt the planes are 100% full of connecting pax to the long-haul SN network...
I made it once to DKR through BRU (loved all flights... really) and the planes on the BRU-CDG leg were about @ 50% LF operated...
Even if I consider myself as a real brussels airlines fan, I can't afford a CDG-BRU-TXL at almost 400 EUR...
C'mon Bru.Air Management... let open these flights to new customers wanting to use their favorite airline to european destinations... please (can't say more...)!!!

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

Air Key West wrote:I assume that on the CDG flight(s) b.air wants to give priority to pax connecting to long haul flights. Does anyone have any idea of the load factor on the Paris flight ? And we still don't know how b.air can have two flights out of BRU to CDG, but only one flight back (as from the summer season).
isn't SN using a B733 from french company Europe Airpost for a flight to CDG? maybe it has something to do with that? it flies to CDG with pax, but doesn't fly back or flies back with cargo on behalf of Europe Airpost?

just a thought

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

The wet lease from Europe Airposte has stopped from what I have heard (inter alia here). B.air's website indicates that the flights are operated by b.air ("carrier : Brussels Airlines").
Strange that the 9:45 am flight to CG will not come back (in theory). But I suspect it flies back empty, althoug it could give connections to Hainan's flights to PEK or PVG, and to European destinations, but b.air has never been very good at offering connections within Europe (probably due to the LCC mentality of managers who prefer to concentrate on point-to-point traffic in Europe, which, of course, is a mistake for a carrier now belonging to the LH group).

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

The contract with Europe Airpost is to end at the end of this winter season. SN will fly themself to CDG starting this summer.
The reason why they have only 1 returning flight is unclear to me. But I suppose there is a good explenation. I don't think that it is a bad reason, because LH has to give their OK for all SN's plans.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Remember that initially SN was operating the CDG-BRU-CDG flights itself as well. They needed to send an empty positioning flight to Paris early in the morning and to come back to Brussels with an empty positioning flight at noon.

When SN will resume its own operation of the route, it would seem reasonable to try and fill these empty positioning flights whenever possible, even if it is only one of them.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Maybe the second flight will be available when SN launch their new destinations to Africa?
I suppose the new flight will leave in the early afternoon? 13:00 or 14:00?
Maybe that's the reason why it is not yet possible to book the second flight from CDG?
To secure seats for passengers coming from CDG and connecting to the new flight.
Best regards,

Airbuske

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote:Remember that initially SN was operating the CDG-BRU-CDG flights itself as well. They needed to send an empty positioning flight to Paris early in the morning and to come back to Brussels with an empty positioning flight at noon.
Europe Airpost is already for a longer time flying BRU-CDG on behalf of SN, year round 1 daily flight. But indeed SN operated past summer a own flight to CDG, from June till September.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

MR_Boeing wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Remember that initially SN was operating the CDG-BRU-CDG flights itself as well. They needed to send an empty positioning flight to Paris early in the morning and to come back to Brussels with an empty positioning flight at noon.
Europe Airpost is already for a longer time flying BRU-CDG on behalf of SN, year round 1 daily flight. But indeed SN operated past summer a own flight to CDG, from June till September.
I was mentioning the situation 4 or 5 years ago, when only SN operated the route with its own metal, an Avro RJ100.
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote: I was mentioning the situation 4 or 5 years ago, when only SN operated the route with its own metal, an Avro RJ100.
Oh I'm sorry. :oops: