check-in on just one leg of a composed flight

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
mark_in_motion

check-in on just one leg of a composed flight

Post by mark_in_motion »

Hello all! Do you think I am allowed to check-in for just one leg of a flight with a stopover? So, I buy a ticket for Rome to New York over London and on the way back I want to check-in from New York to London only and get out there? Thanks in advance, Saludos, Mark.

peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

You can check in your luggage i think yes, but you'l lhave to get it on in new york and put it on another conveyor belt

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Does you ticket allow a stop in London (I believe that you want to end your journey in London instead of Rome) and how much transit time do you have right now on your ticket between flights in London ?

regi

Post by regi »

I don't understand the question very well.
If the trip has a stop in London on the return flight, and it is a flight where you have to change planes or you are allowed to get out, well , there is no problem. Just leave .
What your luggage concerns, they have to unboard it. But don't ask me if you will get your luggage as the other disembarking passengers.
I think it would be better to keep quiet in NY about your intentions.
I don't know if the airline has a right for compensation if the unloading of your luggage involves delays.
Maybe it would be better to change your ticket with a stopover allowed. Might cost you +-100$. And you don't show up some days later when you have to do the last stretch.

mark_in_motion

Post by mark_in_motion »

Thanks everybody. I will try to check in for London from New York and we will see..... Thanks again!

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

You just tell at the check-in that you only want to check-in in until london and that you will need your luggage in london (e.g. you will need to give someone something out off your suitcase and that you know that you will have to go back to check-in in london). You don't have to mention that you stop at london.

But watch out when you do this on the outgoing flight, fly only ROME-London and than you want to fly NEW YORK LONDON ROME. The segments after london will be cancelled and than you need to reconfirm those segments.