Recent LH flights and meals

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

Recent LH flights and meals

Post by sn26567 »

Hi guys,

Two weeks ago I flew to Malaga with LH on award flights (only 17,000 FF miiles if you order by Internet less than 14 days in advance). The meals are depicted here:

More information at Lufthansa Airlinemeals

I speak of course about the long leg of the trip (FRA-AGP and return). Between BRU and FRA, the sandwiches are not really worth a mention.

On the return flight, the AGP-FRA flight was 25 minutes late, and my baggage missed the connection to BRU. I could follow the efforts to retrieve them on Internet, and the next day they were delivered at home.

Altogether, a satisfactory experience.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I forgot to mention an important point of the return flight.
On the return flight, the AGP-FRA flight was 25 minutes late, and my baggage missed the connection to BRU. I could follow the efforts to retrieve them on Internet, and the next day they were delivered at home.
From FRA to BRU, I traveled not far away from a group of Chinese. Arriving at BRU, I saw on their baggage check that they transited at SIN. And then I discovered the LH press release this morning:
SARS -- Little danger of infection
Hong Kong Department of Health informs Lufthansa about passenger with SARS

Lufthansa was today informed by the Hong Kong Department of Health (DH) that one of its passengers had today been diagnosed as suffering from the lung disease SARS.

The male 48-year-old Chinese passenger had traveled with Lufthansa in the period between 30 March and 4 April.

Lufthansa, of course, fulfilled the requirements demanded by the Hong Kong authorities. Thus, the passengers and Lufthansa employees who were in direct contact with this person have been contacted and informed about the situation by Lufthansa.

The prescribed disinfection of the aircraft concerned was organized and conducted immediately.

According to the current state of knowledge, the probability that you will become infected with the Serious Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) during a flight is very remote. In the unanimous opinion of the World Health Organization as well as the German Foreign Ministry, normal everyday contacts, such as the stay on board, are not dangerous.

Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Corporate Communications
I traveled on 1 April. And I don't feel reassured... :x
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

André,

check following symptoms:

- high fever,
- sweating,
- flue

If you are not sure, you can still consult a doctor.

ciao,

luchtzak

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks André!!

Hopefully you are feeling good...

What did you find of those meals / the service of LH in general / the comfort of the LH economy cabins?

Regards
Frederic

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Did you forget me, André? :lol:
What did you find of those meals / the service of LH in general / the comfort of the LH economy cabins?
8)

Regards
Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Wow! All those questions, Frédéric! :o
Meals: reasonably good for an airline. But I prefer to eat at 'Comme chez soi' :wink: My wife found them below average. :cry: One good note: even in economy they serve you alcoholic drinks on request (e.g. a Bailey's after the meal). :P

service of LH in general: excellent. Smooth check in, friendly service on board :twisted: . Internet reservations of FF awards, however, could be improved; they are available only for LH flights, not their partners. And the number of FF miles is too high for an award, except if you book less than 2 weeks in advance: not ideal for planning vacations. :evil:

comfort of the LH economy cabins: enough leg room. One nice feature of LH in A320 series: the abhorred middle seat is wider, thus more comfortable than the aisle or window seats. :) To my knowledge, only LH provides that advantage.

Other questions?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi André,
Other questions?
No, you answered them all, thanks a lot!!!

Anyway, I find the dish quite small for a flight of more than 2h (if you compare it with what AZ serves to FCO for example). LH serves a hot meal to MAD, why not to AGP?

Regards
Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Anyway, I find the dish quite small for a flight of more than 2h (if you compare it with what AZ serves to FCO for example). LH serves a hot meal to MAD, why not to AGP?
Flights to AGP are filled with passengers paying cheap tourist tickets, wheras Madrid has a high load of expensive business passengers, even in Y. You get what you pay for...
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

BRU-FRA and back

Post by sn26567 »

Yesterday I had to fly to FRA and back to BRU on the LH monopoly, in M class.

Morning flight LH4459 was a B737-500. Load factor 100% (which shows clearly that there is room for a second operator on that route). Meal: a sandwich in a plastic box, coffee or tea, and a refreshment. On time.

Return in the evening with LH4416. The originally scheduled B737-500 did not show up, for technical reasons that remained unexplained. The load factor would have been again 100%. It was fortunately replaced by an A321-200, giving some extra room. Result: half an hour delay. Meal: a sandwich in a paper bag, coffee or tea, and a refreshment.

Bof! :(

I know the dilemma of SN BA to enter that highly travelled route, but a second operator is badly needed. Would it endanger the agreement signed between SN and LH?
André
ex Sabena #26567